Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Next expansion announcement?

Hi guys does anyone remember how long after previous expansions were released we started hearing things and rumors and even official announcement of the next x-pac? If someone can tell for all expansions would be nice but even the last one is good.So how long after Cata release we heard for the first time about MoP and when was the official confirmation date?Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably Blizzcon next year. So Summer or early Fall.

Edit: Sorry that's my guess when we'll hear. Not the answer to your question.

I think the announcement from Cata to launch was shorter than announcement of Catato launch. I feel like I saw Cata at two Blizzcons.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Calm down and wait. The X-Pac just released. You have about 2 more years until the next one is released. You aren't preparing for anything yet. Enjoy what you have or do something else.
    “The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.”- Buddha

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure they will do it at 2013's Blizzcon. That would make the announcement kinda late compared to prior years, unless Blizzcon is early in the year, but I don't see them doing it outside of a convention.

Unless they have a con planned in Paris sooner? I'm not sure how often they do those.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Blizzcon, october~ next year.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

The Burning Crusade released January 16, 2007 (delayed from November 2006)
    Wrath of the Lich King announced Blizzcon 2007
    Wrath of the Lich King released November 2008
    Cataclysm announced August 21, 2009
    Cataclysm released December 9, 2010
    Mists of Pandaria announced October 2011
    Mists of Pandaria released September 2012

I'd expect, as others have said, the next expansion will be announced at Blizzcon 2013
    Last edited by Faroth; 2012-11-07 at 08:38 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Rumor has it to expect to see a certain Human and Elf at the end of this xpac warning us of an imminent invasion.

Blizzard have been dropping hints like bombs also.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Blizzcon will be in May-July for 2013. just a hunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Rumor has it to expect to see a certain Human and Elf at the end of this xpac warning us of an imminent invasion.

Please tell you are referring to Alleria and Turalyon. They have been in Outland for how long lol?

Thanks guys really helpful info and guesses.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdking101 View Post
    Please tell you are referring to Alleria and Turalyon. They have been in Outland for how long lol?
    Yip, even Blizzard are starting to mention them on the loading screens tips.

Most people learned about Mists here when a poster discovered that a patent or trademark or something was registered by Blizzard for Mists. Maybe someone with better research skills than me can dig up that thread. Check the date of the post and that can give you a guestimate about how long before an xpac we can learn about it.

Yip, even Blizzard are starting to mention them on the loading screens tips.
    If this comes to fruition, then I hope that Dannath comes back finally with them. Then have a Windrunner free for all.

as soon as someone finds out Blizzard have filed a copyright for <insert name here> you can take a good guess at when the expansion will be formally announced

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdking101 View Post
    If this comes to fruition, then I hope that Dannath comes back finally with them. Then have a Windrunner free for all.
    Be even better if Dannath comes back to retake Stromgarde.

The Empire is always in imminent peril!

We will know when the name is trademarked this summer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    We will know when the name is trademarked this summer.
    If I were Blizzard, I'd file about 6-10 trademarks ranging all the way from full troll ("Land of Hello Kitty")to devoutly-wished for ("The Emerald Dream") and slip the real one in there with them. The forum entertainment would be TREMENDOUS.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I think Blizzcon will be in May-July for 2013. just a hunch.
    A spring or early summer Blizzcon would make more sense. The typical fall or late summer schedule would mean we'd get the announcement a year into the current expansion, which is a lot longer than typical.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    A spring or early summer Blizzcon would make more sense. The typical fall or late summer schedule would mean we'd get the announcement a year into the current expansion, which is a lot longer than typical.
    Yeah, betting July. Trademark in late May.