Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Lynx Rush nerfed again.

OK WTF blizzard Lynx rush was already just a minor upgrade of the live version now you nerfed it another 24%... i guess they don't want anyone using anything but AMoC

The version on the PTR was a lot stronger then the one on live for PvE currently, but aMoC is our only choice now probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    The version on the PTR was a lot stronger then the one on live for PvE currently, but aMoC is our only choice now probably.
    in raid level gear it was a 2400ish DPS increase... now they nerfed it to where Lynx Rush will be a loss come 5.1

A Blue even said they wanted to reduce the burst while improving the sustained... now they are flat fucking the talent over.

5.1 is still awhile off, could still change and I hope so because I dislike aMoC a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    5.1 is still awhile off, could still change and I hope so because I dislike aMoC a lot.
    most people do its clunky as can be and the focus cost is FAR too high.

It's kind of obvious that AMoC should be the highest DPS out of the talents, with its cooldown and high focus cost. Having Lynx rush be a DPS increase over it, with an instant cast and the exact same mechanic (a dot), but on a shorter CD and with a shorter duration (making it usefull for some adds vs AMoC) obviously wasn't gonna go through.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    It's kind of obvious that AMoC should be the highest DPS out of the talents, with its cooldown and high focus cost. Having Lynx rush be a DPS increase over it, with an instant cast and the exact same mechanic (a dot), but on a shorter CD and with a shorter duration (making it usefull for some adds vs AMoC) obviously wasn't gonna go through.
    they could halve the focus cost of AMOC and still have it function just fine. Regardless the idea of the new talent system was to allow for prefence not requirements. making one talent far and above the others make it a requirement not a choice. Barrage and Powershot are both vastly inferior to Glavies and now AMoC is superior to Lynx Rush it makes it look more and more like we have very few real choices.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lets be honest, both talents are extremely bland and not exciting at all. I almost wish they would just give us like 200% increase on Kill shot damage and give it a small focus cost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    they could halve the focus cost of AMOC and still have it function just fine. Regardless the idea of the new talent system was to allow for prefence not requirements. making one talent far and above the others make it a requirement not a choice. Barrage and Powershot are both vastly inferior to Glavies and now AMoC is superior to Lynx Rush it makes it look more and more like we have very few real choices.
    Welcome to every other class.

They really should buff Kill Shot, it is on a 9 sec CD(though, we get 2), hits for kind of low... if you compare it to Warrior Execute with no CD and hits like a truck

Is it only me who thinks that hunters in general have low sustained damage and high burst? freaking annoys me.

Quote Originally Posted by Snassern View Post
    Is it only me who thinks that hunters in general have low sustained damage and high burst? freaking annoys me.
    sad thing is both mages and warriors have better burst with higher sustained while being easier to play

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    Still wouldn't work. Longer CD, costs focus, longer duration (=less usefull on anything that isn't a long-living boss), and less dps. Halving the focus, not an option. Either nerf lynx rush to be worse than AMoC, or buff AMoC to be stronger than lynx rush, thats the only choise.
    Do note that it's just you who do not see the talent system for what it is - a choise between utility and DPS. People have been chosing Lynx Rush through all of heroic raiding, even if it does less DPS than AMoC. People chose utility, over damage.
    That the pushback from powershot currently aren't usefull enough on most fights if you have a druid with typhoon, is one thing. But on Feng without a DK for Gorefiend's grasp or a Druid for Pushback (10 man scenario) it's fairly usefull for the spirit phase.
    Barrage is far more AOE damage than Glaive Toss, but it can't be cast while moving - YET. In 5.1, it'll be far more usefull on AOE-fights, especially for BM who has very limited AOE damage compared to Surv.

the same goes for Lynx Rush tier - Blink strike gives you the movement (that PvP'ers usually chose in 3v3 or higher) on pet that's needed for a high uptime during alot of target switching. Lynx rush gives you burst. And AMoC gives you higher sustained damage. We'll have to wait and see what happens in 5.1 with this, though, as it does feel odd that Lynx Rush has to be doing the same as AMoC.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    They really should buff Kill Shot, it is on a 9 sec CD(though, we get 2), hits for kind of low... if you compare it to Warrior Execute with no CD and hits like a truck
    Kill Shot is our highest damaging shot as Surv. Not sure for BM, but it takes prio over ES for Surv, atleast.

Still wouldn't work. Longer CD, costs focus, longer duration (=less usefull on anything that isn't a long-living boss), and less dps. Halving the focus, not an option. Either nerf lynx rush to be worse than AMoC, or buff AMoC to be stronger than lynx rush, thats the only choise.
    Do note that it's just you who do not see the talent system for what it is - a choise between utility and DPS. People have been chosing Lynx Rush through all of heroic raiding, even if it does less DPS than AMoC. People chose utility, over damage.
    That the pushback from powershot currently aren't usefull enough on most fights if you have a druid with typhoon, is one thing. But on Feng without a DK for Gorefiend's grasp or a Druid for Pushback (10 man scenario) it's fairly usefull for the spirit phase.
    Barrage is far more AOE damage than Glaive Toss, but it can't be cast while moving - YET. In 5.1, it'll be far more usefull on AOE-fights, especially for BM who has very limited AOE damage compared to Surv.

the same goes for Lynx Rush tier - Blink strike gives you the movement (that PvP'ers usually chose in 3v3 or higher) on pet that's needed for a high uptime during alot of target switching. Lynx rush gives you burst. And AMoC gives you higher sustained damage. We'll have to wait and see what happens in 5.1 with this, though, as it does feel odd that Lynx Rush has to be doing the same as AMoC.

Kill Shot is our highest damaging shot as Surv. Not sure for BM, but it takes prio over ES for Surv, atleast.
    Of course it is our highest, but still, it just feels weird to have probably 1 of the weakest executes of the classes, Usually on Feng(normal 25), I am top DPS and our Warr is 3rd-5th and once we hit 20%, he starts climbing up and ends up beating me by 1-3k, while my damage is only slightly increased due to 2 KS every 9 seconds.

The initial damage of each strike should have the more substantial damage compared to the stacking damage over time and to make it something more substantial, the coold down should be reduced to something between 30=60 cd. It is ridiculous to have a supposedly sustainable dps that has cd more than 60 secs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Of course it is our highest, but still, it just feels weird to have probably 1 of the weakest executes of the classes, Usually on Feng(normal 25), I am top DPS and our Warr is 3rd-5th and once we hit 20%, he starts climbing up and ends up beating me by 1-3k, while my damage is only slightly increased due to 2 KS every 9 seconds.
    i agree with KS needing a buff... when a warrior hits execute thing die.. you can double kill shot quest mobs and the thing can still be alive.

The hunter.... a pure DPS class (no healing, no tanking), with the lowest sustained and burst damage, and a broken spec.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The cooldown reset of Kill Shot was an interesting choice back when it was new and came from a glyph a couple of years ago. Now, it should just be removed and Kill Shot's damage increased and/or cooldown reduced. It's a useless gimmick to have a weak execute that we "get" (translation: use twice as many GCD's on) to use twice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Narakamos View Post
    The hunter.... a pure DPS class (no healing, no tanking), with the lowest sustained and burst damage, and a broken spec.
    It has been stated by blizzard more than enough times that the "hybrid tax" no longer exists. Between a pure dps or a hybrid class that can have other roles there should be no diference - "should" being the keyword here, we all know that things don't work like that and class balance is nearly non-existant now, and never was fully present.

I do agree with you that hunter class atm could use some love. BM having a broken PVP burst before and all the attention was shifted towards that and those nerfs didn't help PVE. Everyone was crying "ZOMG! nerf PVP hunters!" (while not even being aware that was only 1 spec that was broken in PVP) and thus we didn't get enough attention to the other problems.

About lynx rush, blizzard is still adjusting its damage after converting its burst damage towards a bleed, only when it settles down after the PTR testing we should judge it if its a massiver nerf or not...
    Last edited by mmoc40e5aa3799; 2012-11-08 at 01:56 PM.

In regards to your comments about the tier that includes Blink Strike, Lynx Rush, and AMoC... what will Lynx Rush be after the patch?

Blink strike will still have its pvp utility plus damage output, which really isnt that bad right now. The only down side is the global cool down used.

AMoC will still have its nice sustained damage, but will continue to be a pain in the butt to use due to the high focus usage.

But now.. Lynx Rush will not have its burst... ok, thats fine. It will still do a good amount of damage right.. lol no, we are nerfing that too.

At this point, I really see no reason to use Lynx Rush, they are nerfing it to the point where there is no point in taking this talent. I'm fine, I'll adapt... but like some other posters pointed out and you as well in regards to why you would chose one ability over another... there really seems to be no point in picking Lynx Rush come 5.1.