Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CHALET View Post
    Willful BioWare ignorance as usual.
    Remember when Bioware was synonymous with quality, epic games and a great understanding of what the player wants?

Its painful to me to read things like this.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Okay.

I love this game.
    But they must have realized that 2 contradicts 1. If people were crazy about this game 80% of them wouldn't have unsubbed.

Don't get me wrong. I love the game.

But don't be so god damn cocky about making this game when most the people who've tried it walked away.

edit: You know what irks me most about that? It's something blizzard would write. Like "Everyone loves arena and we are bad ass mother fuckers for thinking of them. Arena participation is at an all time low."
    I didn't see that the first time I read your post - but I felt exactly the same way, this sounds like a statement from Blizzard. The whole "we are awesome - regardless of what people have been saying" attitude is fail considering how swtor did in population retention - at least Blizzard has WoW - which is very successful. Still I hate that attitude from Blizz, and EA all the same.

I actualy stopped reading for a minute when i read that he was the CS on DAoC! I just want that game brought back to life.... and hopefully not hosted by GOA in france.

Pater! In manus tuas committo spiritum meum!

Remember when Bioware was synonymous with quality, epic games and a great understanding of what the player wants?

I have to agree with that. Also I agree with everyone who was all "wtf" about the 1. thing on the list. =/ I mean I still like swtor... but that sort of statement seems like it is just ignoring sooo many things.

Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    Now they are rushing out a F2P model for a game that wasn't meant to be F2P, and it shows. Limiting action bars? Really? REALLY? In a game that already could use more action bars because there are so many abilities?
    Of all of the issues with f2p, I think this one is the one people should just stop hanging their hats on in an effort to bash it. Seriously, just stop.
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

Okay.

I love this game.
    But they must have realized that 2 contradicts 1. If people were crazy about this game 80% of them wouldn't have unsubbed.

Don't get me wrong. I love the game.

But don't be so god damn cocky about making this game when most the people who've tried it walked away.

edit: You know what irks me most about that? It's something blizzard would write. Like "Everyone loves arena and we are bad ass mother fuckers for thinking of them. Arena participation is at an all time low."
    I don't share your sentiments. You can love the game and want to play but still be unwilling to pay a subscription for it. Many people enjoy more than one sub based MMO but for financial reasons or perhaps just on principle they will only pay for one sub. Some people may not want to pay a sub at for any number of reasons. I don't see it as being cocky at all.

Relate it to something else in your life. Take owning two homes for example. One in your hometown and one at the beach. If you can't afford or can't justify two house payments then you have make a choice. The obvious choice is your home close to your job. So you let the beach house go. Doesn't mean the beach house sucks and the builder of the house should be ashamed of his product.

As far as once again using this forum to bash a company that is in no way related to ToR; I disapprove.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post
    He doesn't need a source to know that he pretty much hit the nail on the head.
    “What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.” - Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Whitepepper View Post
    I disapprove.
    I am okay with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitepepper View Post
    I don't share your sentiments. You can love the game and want to play but still be unwilling to pay a subscription for it. Many people enjoy more than one sub based MMO but for financial reasons or perhaps just on principle they will only pay for one sub. Some people may not want to pay a sub at for any number of reasons. I don't see it as being cocky at all.
    While I understand your logic and your analogy is sound, come on.... We can play the "what if" game all day long, but we all know very well the reason SWTOR's numbers are where they are is not because of a broken economy. So hes being cocky or ignorant, take your pick.

Deleted

Pretty much this. But can't really blame them for making excuses on the games downfall. I mean what could they say instead?
    ' Our game isn't worth a subscription fee compared to our competition so we will go free to play in order to suck out every dime out of the remaining playerbase before we close the shop permanently. We already fired half of our staff and hired Mr. Damage control Hickman to hit the rest of the nails to the coffin. '

And the game still provides the most awesome forums. I still read it daily even if i haven't been a subscriber in quite some time. Need my daily dose of 'Timmy goes cherry picking' and 'Ms.A sugarcoating valid issues' postings. Pure comedy.

I'm pretty new to the game, and...so far, so good. My highest at this point is only a level 35 shadow.

In term of the state of the game for me, and since these are pretty general, I suspect its on par with what everyone else wants tool

1) more action bars, with more customization. I have a consular sage seer, and I have buttons that I need to use to heal in fp's, another for world leveling, another for PvP, and yet I still find I need more, whether it's side bars for movement, or the secondary bar for cooldown oriented actions.

2) more customization - meaning outside mods like WoW allows. Lets face it, I works. It adds commitment and passion for the game. You are not going to make an add on mod for a game you don't care about. Add that it opens the game up to thousands of programmers too. What the developers don't have time for, by putting into the hands of the players, could solve a lot of the customization issues. It has definitely worked well for WoW.

3). Dual/tri spec - hopefully 1.5 will solve this for subs

4) unnecessary loading screens - finally got legacy 1, going back and forth to Tython. Seriously, what's the point of orbital stations? There is no reason for this. Hell, when leaving the planet you are given the option of going to your ship or fleet, why can't you just go directly planet side? Frustration.

5). Frivolous things I'd like to see:

a) interior ship customization - let's face it, this is basically player housing, let's let us make it a home.
    b) more customization on clothing - maybe player dye to change color scheme
    c) maybe it's already out there, but something comprehensive about modng, how certain mods, hilts, enhancements, etc... will effect the weapons and clothes we wear. Add that a better guide on things like alaracity, shielding, surge, power, etc... too. (If there is, my apologies, and point me in the right direction)
    d) fleet clipping and pausing - seems like there is a lot of breaking and pausing and clipping on the fleet especially. Maybe its just me and my comp though. This kind of borderline not frivolous.
    Last edited by anyaka21; 2012-11-08 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21 View Post
    1) more action bars, with more customization. I have a consular sage seer, and I have buttons that I need to use to heal in fp's, another for world leveling, another for PvP, and yet I still find I need more, whether it's side bars for movement, or the secondary bar for cooldown oriented actions.
    Well, you do have 4 action bars. You really should not have filled them up by level 35. Have you enabled all the bars?

4) unnecessary loading screens - finally got legacy 1, going back and forth to Tython. Seriously, what's the point of orbital stations? There is no reason for this. Hell, when leaving the planet you are given the option of going to your ship or fleet, why can't you just go directly planet side? Frustration.
    It is very annoying. But the orbital stations are a consequence of having a personal space ship. You'll notice that there are orbital stations whenever there is no room on the planet for the 4 hangers required for personal spaceships.

Now, maybe that was a bad design decision. Bioware probably should have come up with a better solution than multiple hangars. But there is some logic and reason behind what they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonen View Post
    Of all of the issues with f2p, I think this one is the one people should just stop hanging their hats on in an effort to bash it. Seriously, just stop.
    Why? It will be one of the things that hits people right in the face as needless, exploitive, and ridiculous.

I love this game.
    Doesn't contradict it at all. People are less likely to do something that costs money than something that's free... fairly simple principle at play there.

Let's face it. #2 was brought about by #3. It's not just content, though. It was how slow they got to server transfers. Or how slow they were about bug fixes. Or the fact that the initial PvE content was so easy and HM FPs were pointless. It led to the game not being worth the money spent, it has nothing to do with the economy. As for #1, I could believe that people would want to play the game. We don't know what kind of numbers they have on the current max 15 trial. As for it being awesome.....well, there's parts that are, but just parts.

---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 09:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    It is very annoying. But the orbital stations are a consequence of having a personal space ship. You'll notice that there are orbital stations whenever there is no room on the planet for the 4 hangers required for personal spaceships.

Now, maybe that was a bad design decision. Bioware probably should have come up with a better solution than multiple hangars. But there is some logic and reason behind what they did.
    Or neutral planets like Voss. They definitely make sense from a theoretical point of view. But logically, it is a major break in action aside from the already large break from loading screens, flight, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonen View Post
    Really, because this seems the most absurd of their F2P "features." They take a bad UI and make it worse so you'll want to give EA more money?

What next? We'll let you see your latency in game for only $19.95

You should be more than sufficient with 4 bars. o0 Also remember, just because you have a specific spell, don't mean that it is still good to have them in your slots. Like missle blast for bounty hunter in ~20ish level. There are heals that just dont math out good, and so on and so on. "Sprint" is a one-click a year thing and can also save space...

2) more customization - meaning outside mods like WoW allows. Lets face it, I works. It adds commitment and passion for the game. You are not going to make an add on mod for a game you don't care about. Add that it opens the game up to thousands of programmers too. What the developers don't have time for, by putting into the hands of the players, could solve a lot of the customization issues. It has definitely worked well for WoW.
    I'm very happy that ther are no Addons or Macros. For me Addon are one of the main reason I started to dislike WoW. They simplifiy way to much, be it rotation helper, boss mods or other things.. Even more, they open a API to the game that can be exploited...

3). Dual/tri spec - hopefully 1.5 will solve this for subs
    Will not happen, afaik they already stated that respecc will have no cost when you have a active subscription - and with legacy you can enable the function to respecc everytime and everywhere you current are. No need to visit the curator or pay credits after 1.5

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    You should be more than sufficient with 4 bars.
    Yet you only get two if you don't subscribe.

I'm very happy that ther are no Addons or Macros.
    Not everyone agrees though, while macros can be debated addons needs to be allowed in some way if you as a developer don't provide the functionalities that addons would, and I'm not talking boss mods that simplifies encounters but instead ways to change the look of your UI, quick gear swaps, bag organization, buff/debuff look, proc tracking in positions that feel comfortable to the player and so on.

It much more about giving the player options to make the UI and it's elements feel natural and comfortable to the player than making the game easier.

Will not happen, afaik they already stated that respecc will have no cost when you have a active subscription - and with legacy you can enable the function to respecc everytime and everywhere you current are. No need to visit the curator or pay credits after 1.5
    Yet this was one of the things they promised early on and even hyped, it was supposed to not only be dual spec but also tied together with a wardrobe feature to change spec and gear with a button click.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Doesn't contradict it at all. People are less likely to do something that costs money than something that's free... fairly simple principle at play there.
    And you just implied that f2p is free.

Ugh mmo politics make me angry! I played from early release to patch 1.2 and I left because my guild left. And I'm not going to lie I do want to come back but all the doom and gloom and negative press really gets to me. When I play an mmo I go in for the long haul and I'd hate to put time in and maybe find out that it might be closing down in a year example. Sigh not sure what to do

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Yet you only get two if you don't subscribe.
    hm, this thread is still about current state of the game, or? this way he has its 4 bars... And even with 2 Bars this game is playable. Onyone can pay a subscription or cartel coins to get more.. *shrug*

Not everyone agrees though, while macros can be debated addons needs to be allowed in some way if you as a developer don't provide the functionalities that addons would, and I'm not talking boss mods that simplifies encounters but instead ways to change the look of your UI, quick gear swaps, bag organization, buff/debuff look, proc tracking in positions that feel comfortable to the player and so on.
    It much more about giving the player options to make the UI and it's elements feel natural and comfortable to the player than making the game easier.
    I have to admit that I understand wher you come from, but nevertheless its no need for Addon-API. When you ask for a even more custimizable Interface it could be done on there side. I would also wish for Option on Buffs/Debuffs. Would love to see only my Debuffs on my target - would make the track of dots and hots way easier. Button highlight for Proccs like WOW would be awesome and so on and so on.

However, all these things could be made by them..

Yet this was one of the things they promised early on and even hyped, it was supposed to not only be dual spec but also tied together with a wardrobe feature to change spec and gear with a button click.
    Please don't get me wrong here, I would actually love to see these feature. Same like visible art for stances/active barrels on the different classes. But I don't think it is something we will see in the next few updates. In long run I rather have the expectation that they have to do something like that to show they are still enhancing the game

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers