Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Blackwing Heroine BlackwingHecate's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

So I had a rather late epiphany...

So all of the Titanic Watchers that were stationed in the Stormpeaks were in Uludar, obviously not counting Loken, because, well we killed him in halls of Lightening, with the exception of one. Tyr, the watcher symbolic of Order and Justice, whose myth inspired the name of the Knights of the Silver hand.

There's a quest where Thorim has you survey the different Watchers' towers, including Tyr's where you're told that there is no damage, and no sign of a struggle, as well as the guardians that should have been there being absent, with no signs of what happened. You're left to question where he is.

Fast forward to Patch 3.1, when we set foot in Ulduar for the first time, with the goal of freeing the Watchers from their enslavement and send the old god Yogg-Saron back to sleep. We meet all of the Watchers there, Minus Loken, whose death we caused with our own hands, minus one. Tyr is no where to be seen, and there is no mention of him anywhere to be seen. In addition, Yogg-Saron has a minion of a type never seen before, a lobster looking fellow by the name of General Vezax, who served as the last obstacle in your way before you engage His unholy mouthness himself.

Popular spectulation was that this new minion was in fact the corrupted and perverted Tyr himself, spectulation that blizzard quashed by saying that Tyr was not in Ulduar when Yogg-Saron was defeated. Or did they?
    Let's look at their exact wording. They said that "Tyr was not in Ulduar when Yogg-Saron was defeated."

And where was Vezax when Yogg-Saron was defeated? Lying face down on the floor of his room. He WASN'T in ulduar. BECAUSE HE WAS DEAD :P
    Nostalgia is the hollow remnants of memories long gone.

-Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Baron)

To bad it wouldn't fit in the slightest with the mythos of Tyr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keske View Post
    To bad it wouldn't fit in the slightest with the mythos of Tyr.
    The WoW Tyr? or the Norse Týr? Because we no pretty much nothing of the WoW Tyr, beyond that he lost his hand fighting an old god and didn't grow it back/build himself a new one. Beyond that, we know that it would seem that he left his watch by choice.

General would had only one claw/arm/thing if blizz was guna go that route. it seems like something they'd do to toss in a little hint
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
    General would had only one claw/arm/thing if blizz was guna go that route. it seems like something they'd do to toss in a little hint
    Well, true, but look at this way. Tyr choosing not to regrow his hand was a message that order and justice did not come without personal sacrifice. Yoggy giving his hand back is saying "Yeah, well screw that noise." I'm reaching obviously, but that's a possible explaination.

10+ Year Old Account
    This theory has already been disproven.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    This theory has already been disproven.
    Do you mean beyond Blizzard saying that he wasn't present when Yogg was killed? Because that's kind of the subject of my flash of insperation. That said, I don't really think that's what happened. Just an interesting thought I had.

Maybe you shouldn't overthink this. Blizzard said Tyr was not in Ulduar, which means he wasn't there. It's THAT simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Urufu View Post
    Do you mean beyond Blizzard saying that he wasn't present when Yogg was killed? Because that's kind of the subject of my flash of insperation. That said, I don't really think that's what happened. Just an interesting thought I had.
    You're reading too much into it. Not being present would not mean "because he's a corpse and mutated, lol". It means Tyr wasnt around to see Loken's fall from grace, nor the subsequent events that eventually led to our victory over Yoggy.

Found some blue posts regarding the topic:

Q: What's the relation between The Order of the Silver Hand, Tyr's Hand (City from Lordaeron region) and Watcher Tyr (from Ulduar)?
    A: Long ago, on the continent that would eventually become known as the Eastern Kingdoms, a small group of creatures struggled to survive, using the limited supplies provided to it by parents who had just abandoned their children on an unfamiliar shoreline. These creatures, eventually called "humans," would occasionally take to gathering around a fire whilst trying to read from scrolls telling of ancient heroes and leaders – tales from the civilization that had cast these creatures out. One of these scrolls spoke of a great leader, a paragon of order and justice, who sacrificed his right hand in a fight against an unfathomable evil. Although it was within this hero's power to fix his hand after the fighting had ended, the hero instead chose to replace it with a closed fist made of the purest silver. In this way, the hero impressed upon those who followed him that true order and justice can only be accomplished through personal sacrifice. This hero, who slipped into memory long ago, went by the name of Tyr.

Q: Building off that- whatever happened to Tyr?
    A: The watcher Tyr was not in Ulduar when adventurers finally freed the titan city from Yogg-Saron's influence. If anyone knows where Tyr is now, he or she isn't speaking up. (http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...swers-round-1/)

Q: As a keeper of Order, he's...kinda missing the ball here.
    Wowwiki suggests that maybe he went to Uldum in Tanaris, for whatever reason. He seems to be associated in part with the Vrykul, as he has a terrace named after him in Utgarde keep. He has no place at all inside Ulduar that could be dedicated to him, so...where is he?
    A: Tyr went on a path he felt he must follow... whether or not we learn about this journey remains to be seen. (http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/5633-where-is-tyr/)

10+ Year Old Account
    You're reading too much into it. Not being present would not mean "because he's a corpse and mutated, lol". It means Tyr wasnt around to see Loken's fall from grace, nor the subsequent events that eventually led to our victory over Yoggy.

Found some blue posts regarding the topic:

Q: What's the relation between The Order of the Silver Hand, Tyr's Hand (City from Lordaeron region) and Watcher Tyr (from Ulduar)?
    A: Long ago, on the continent that would eventually become known as the Eastern Kingdoms, a small group of creatures struggled to survive, using the limited supplies provided to it by parents who had just abandoned their children on an unfamiliar shoreline. These creatures, eventually called "humans," would occasionally take to gathering around a fire whilst trying to read from scrolls telling of ancient heroes and leaders – tales from the civilization that had cast these creatures out. One of these scrolls spoke of a great leader, a paragon of order and justice, who sacrificed his right hand in a fight against an unfathomable evil. Although it was within this hero's power to fix his hand after the fighting had ended, the hero instead chose to replace it with a closed fist made of the purest silver. In this way, the hero impressed upon those who followed him that true order and justice can only be accomplished through personal sacrifice. This hero, who slipped into memory long ago, went by the name of Tyr.

Q: Building off that- whatever happened to Tyr?
    A: The watcher Tyr was not in Ulduar when adventurers finally freed the titan city from Yogg-Saron's influence. If anyone knows where Tyr is now, he or she isn't speaking up. (http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...swers-round-1/)

Q: As a keeper of Order, he's...kinda missing the ball here.
    Wowwiki suggests that maybe he went to Uldum in Tanaris, for whatever reason. He seems to be associated in part with the Vrykul, as he has a terrace named after him in Utgarde keep. He has no place at all inside Ulduar that could be dedicated to him, so...where is he?
    A: Tyr went on a path he felt he must follow... whether or not we learn about this journey remains to be seen. (http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/5633-where-is-tyr/)
    I know full well I'm reading too much into it, and you're taking what I'm saying WAY to seriously. It's 7AM and I've been up all night. I am in NO state to be making rational, serious discoveries of hidden messages in lore :P

I know full well I'm reading too much into it, and you're taking what I'm saying WAY to seriously. It's 7AM and I've been up all night. I am in NO state to be making rational, serious discoveries of hidden messages in lore :P
    If you have no idea what your are talking about why start a thread even?

10+ Year Old Account
    In that case, I'll blow your sleep-addled mind and let you consider the name of the Lordaeron region called Tirisfal.

Or, if you will, Tyr's Fall.

10+ Year Old Account
    In that case, I'll blow your sleep-addled mind and let you consider the name of the Lordaeron region called Tirisfal.

I think that probably has more to do with the myth of possibly true origin than any implication that he actually died there. Though that would certianly explain his absence.

Perhaps Tyr's Fall because that was where the first humans were abandoned by their vrykul parents so long ago? It's evident from the story of the Knights of the Silver Hand that the early humans looked up to Tyr, maybe they named the place of their birth as a new civilization after him?

In any case, Tyr left Northrend for somewhere else. Maybe, with all the changing the Mogu have done with Titan tech, we will finally meet Tyr in Pandaria.

Deleted

Isn't that the place with the evil stuff happening underground, which we will find out later about? (a while ago someone asked blizz if it was an old god, and it isn't an old god. I'll see if I can find a source)

edit:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Ask_Creative_Development#Round_3

of the old gods:

Q: Is there truly an Old God underneath the Tirisfal Glade?
    A: Nope! There’s something incredibly unsettling there, but it’s not an Old God. It isn’t recommended to go digging through the Glades, though.
    Last edited by mmoc9253cef1ab; 2012-11-08 at 03:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omoidaseba View Post
    Isn't that the place with the evil stuff happening underground, which we will find out later about? (a while ago someone asked blizz if it was an old god, and it isn't an old god. I'll see if I can find a source)

edit:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Ask_Creative_Development#Round_3

of the old gods:

Q: Is there truly an Old God underneath the Tirisfal Glade?
    A: Nope! There’s something incredibly unsettling there, but it’s not an Old God. It isn’t recommended to go digging through the Glades, though.
    so there's tyr...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    A year from now someone on these forums is gonna say that the (wod) launch went smoothly..... I am gonna remind that asshole of this launch, this shit is not going smoothly at all.

Vezax is part of subspecies of faceless. Proof? 2 faceless generals we killed in cataclysm.

or rather Uber-specimens like the enhanced large trolls or the shell bearing red naga.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Vezax is part of subspecies of faceless. Proof? 2 faceless generals we killed in cataclysm.
    I mean true, but at the time, he was unique. Plus, he could have also been a prototype? Has anyone else noticed that they alternate between having an old god boss in a raid and not? We had Cthun in classic, none in BC, Yogg in wrath, and none in cata.

Deleted
    DS was technically an old god raid, we just never actually fought the old god directly (pretty much like the other old god raids) we just fought their vessel that this time happened to be deathwing.