Thread: World war 3

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

World war 3

Do you think a third world war is coming and if so why would it break out and who will be involved?

The world has alot of problems and will have more in the future (oil, drinkable water, conflict of cultures/religions) so another world war isn't unthinkable.

Heard from an reliable source that Canada will invade California.

Having a WW3 without the US being involved in some way is more ridicules than my top sentence. Putting my money on them..

Deleted
    I hope there won't be any war, but if it was, I'm sure it would be mostly beacause of the conflicts between religions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazz View Post
    Having a WW3 without the US being involved in some way is more ridicules than my top sentence. Putting my money on them..
    I vote for Russia.

Nope.
    Civilized countries are extremely interconnected now
    The only countries that are belligerent to the majority of the world are isolated countries, like Iran and North Korea. As China and Russia became less isolated, they became much less likely to start wars. The only major conflict in which countries would pick sides is the conflict with Israel, and I'd bet my livelihood that will be settled with alternative dispute resolution instead of weapons.

We're coming up pretty quickly on the technology to oil conflicts and fresh water conflicts, and the world is evolving ideologically beyond cultural violence. If there were a major cultural war, it would be between reasonable people of all faiths and unreasonable people of a particular faith, and not Christians vs. Muslims.
    Last edited by Skizo; 2012-11-08 at 06:21 PM.

Deleted
    Russia is dead.
    I vote for China->Japan->WW3

Deleted
    I'm going to guess it'll have something to do with the current poor economic state. Where people don't have money, demand something, government doesn't agree, civilians wage war, government kills innocents, another country steps in, another country doesn't agree with that and defends the government.... ding, war.

It's very difficult to explain to your people why they should spend money on guns and war instead of food and first aid during a difficult economy.
    That's why warmongers would get booted out of power in modern societies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, as time as move forward no, WW3 in the way we have come to know it will never happen again, that doesn't mean i think war will completly end, I still think we have smaller conflicts, and in the way if CIVIL wars that will come about, as people kind of become more seperated through technology, and global opprotunity.

North Korean allies with Iran mainland China, and Afghanistan, and they begin taking over countries in the pacific, like Japan and South Korea.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Deleted
    I think it's going to be NATO (and possible India) vs China, Russia, North Korea, (Pakistan?) and Syria. Other countries i don't know the name of in Africa and middle east will also be involved i think.

10+ Year Old Account
    China is going to eventually get sick of Japan's refusal to stop existing, and will attack the islands. NATO retaliates, Russia joins China, North Korea makes a lot of noise but can't get their missiles to go more than two miles, and there's your third world war.

Countries are just too dependent on each other. Unless a country big and strong enough to feel confident enough to go through with it decides they want to control everything, and there are only 3 countries in the world who can really do this(US, China, Russia).

I am not a crazy nationalist American but looking at it realistically, no country is anywhere near as powerful as the US military is. The world knows this, the US might be in a decline but its strength has been so far ahead for such a long time going to a straight up war with the US is either a loss or a stalemate.
    China is becoming more vocal but at the end of the day, they do own most of the US debt but the US employs them more than any other also. China and the US going to war would be devastating to both countries.
    Russia is being Russia, they do what they want and how they want.

Unless China grows bold in the Pacific I don't see a WW3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    China is going to eventually get sick of Japan's refusal to stop existing, and will attack the islands. NATO retaliates, Russia joins China, North Korea makes a lot of noise but can't get their missiles to go more than two miles, and there's your third world war.
    Russia won't join China, they hate the Chinese much more than they do the USA.

My guess Israel is going to start it.

They will bomb the Iran to prevent him from getting Nuclear Weapons after that i could see Pakistan finally tipping over and becoming a muslim state like Iran is now.
    If that happens we are all fucked...

I think if a war gets started with either Iran or Syria, Russia won't be very happy.

Entertaining "guesses", but no. A world war will likely not ever happen like the two firsts, now that we have all the countries united in stuff like EU, NATO, and whatever else countries have joined together in. And now that we have weapons of mass destruction, it will likely be threats more than anything else. We could have had a World War III instead of the Cold War, we had two sides and everything. But nobody actually really wanted to set off A-bombs, when the other side could do pretty much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Entertaining "guesses", but no. A world war will likely not ever happen like the two firsts, now that we have all the countries united in stuff like EU, NATO, and whatever else countries have joined together in. And now that we have weapons of mass destruction, it will likely be threats more than anything else. We could have had a World War III instead of the Cold War, we had two sides and everything. But nobody actually really wanted to set off A-bombs, when the other side could do pretty much the same.
    I don't think a third world war would be started by a super power though. I think someone insane like North Korea might kick it off just because they feel like it without care of the response. All I know is, if thermal nuclear war was ever to be waged on this planet, it could literally mean the destruction of every living thing on it. That's something to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Earris View Post
    My guess Israel is going to start it.

They will bomb the Iran to prevent him from getting Nuclear Weapons after that i could see Pakistan finally tipping over and becoming a muslim state like Iran is now.
    If that happens we are all fucked...
    I don't think the rest of the world really cares what happens between the stupid countries in the middle east.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I don't think the rest of the world really cares what happens between the stupid countries in the middle east.
    Pakistan has long distant Nuclear Missiles.... so yeah guess what nations gets it after Israel is a smoldering crater