Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Theronus View Post
    75k dps? That's pretty easy tbh.
    Outside of raid it isnt.

Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    The thing people are not considering are the Gold Capped Players. For them, BMAH and The Brawlers Guild are End Game content. They have worked their asses off making that much gold, it is not easy. They deserve an exclusive End Game catered to them.

---------- Post added 2012-11-06 at 11:40 PM ----------

Have you been to the Playboy Mansion? That is a great place, but without money, you are not going to go there.

Now does it make sense?
    You seem to be incapable of discerning the difference between real life and a video game.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    About Those Invites

Invites to the Guild will (at least initially) only be available for purchase on the Black Market Auction House. We’ve taken this approach both to control queue times, and also because the Brawler’s Guild is meant to be kind of a small, underground thing, and a way for players on a realm to come together. At first, that will happen because invites will go out from one player to another based on who buys those initial Black Market invites. After reaching a certain rank in the Brawler’s Guild, each of the new members can eventually earn one new invitation of their own to pass out to someone else on the same realm, so the Brawler’s Guilds on each realm should get progressively larger and larger over time. We may also investigate alternate methods of acquiring invitations or making them more plentiful.

World First?

We’ve also decided that attaching a realm first style achievement to the Brawler’s Guild isn’t necessarily the right move. Rest assured that there will be other achievements to earn in the ring though.

We know you’ve got questions, so ask away, and we’ll try to clarify where things are hazy.
    From here

While I still disagree with the invite system, removing the realm first was a good decision.

Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post
    Is so fkin hard to read at least your own link before talking ? You are not able to send 10 invitation even at lvl 7 or 8 . (10 will be on Black Market ) .

You will have only ONE . 1 . One.
    Grrr, arghh, look at me, I'm Mad!!!

Check his post, it was edited. His original explanation made it look like he only knew what happened *at* rank 7, which is (was) the one invitation. From there I made the assumption for rank 8 based on Bashiok's twitter post that said 10 invites, each with 10 guest invites.

Easily corrected now that additional info has come out.

So you can unclench now.

So not only is blizzard releasing content at a snails pace, but what little bit they DO release they arbitrarily restrict because?......

LOL at the guy comparing "brawlers guild" in the video game "world of warcraft" to the playboy mansion. Holy shit it's baffling how far some of you are detached from reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I can think about is how blood deathknights complete everything with their eyes closed and some other classes might have a bad time, depending on how the fights are tuned...

Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    So not only is blizzard releasing content at a snails pace, but what little bit they DO release they arbitrarily restrict because?......

LOL at the guy comparing "brawlers guild" in the video game "world of warcraft" to the playboy mansion. Holy shit it's baffling how far some of you are detached from reality.
    Right because 5.1 wasn't put on the PTR as soon as the game launched which should mean it will be the fastest content patch released to date?

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Right because 5.1 wasn't put on the PTR as soon as the game launched which should mean it will be the fastest content patch released to date?
    After 2 years they launch an expansion full of dailies and a patch? Color me surprised.

Got a good feeling that the people that are furious over brawlers guild charging a fee would probably be complaining that it was too hard and demand it is nerfed if they had the opportunity to do it lol.

Come on, LFR is already watering down the game with easy mode epics, you have to preserve some sort of grind or challenge outside of raiding.

It's a valid complaint OP.

Blizzard creating content again, but this time for the individual, that will be severely restricted and accessible only to those with 10000s of gold and even then, when you've paid your ticket - you have to stand around and wait your turn?

Ridiculous.

Come back in 1 month when Blizzard rethinks this with the lame ass excuse "it was never our intention....". What bullshit.

I think it's funny that they give this bullet point of "it's a cool place to hang out"

Here's whats gonna happen. The people who want to do this (of which I am not one myself, pretty much all I do is raid then log off to play other games) are going to do dailies, then fly to this place, wait in line to do this other version of a daily , then fly off and continue their dailies.

I give them a month tops before they realize how stupid it is. Sure it may sound good in their head , but that's not how it is going to play out in the slightest. All it is going to do is piss off a bunch of people who've got nothing to do but dailies. Then "something" comes along to break up that pace yet it is then arbitrarily restricted because blizzard wants to gate every form of content they create nowadays.

Blizz has catered too the casuals too much, this board displays pretty much the end result. The old school fan base got annoyed and leave, and unless you nerf the hell out of everythign and make it all one shottable, the new wow crowd will get upset and threaten to quit every time you release new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's funny that they give this bullet point of "it's a cool place to hang out"

Here's whats gonna happen. The people who want to do this (of which I am not one myself, pretty much all I do is raid then log off to play other games) are going to do dailies, then fly to this place, wait in line to do this other version of a daily , then fly off and continue their dailies.

I give them a month tops before they realize how stupid it is. Sure it may sound good in their head , but that's not how it is going to play out in the slightest. All it is going to do is piss off a bunch of people who've got nothing to do but dailies. Then "something" comes along to break up that pace yet it is then arbitrarily restricted because blizzard wants to gate every form of content they create nowadays.
    Stop whining. Its not meant to be major patch content for everyone, at least not initially like they said. Its there as a spectator sport for everyone on the realm to enjoy.

Why are all these whiners complaining about a cool feature that takes time and patience to enter? Just be patient, but oh yeah, i forgot the Entitled Wrath Babies cant wait 2 seconds before consuming all the content, getting all the epics, getting all the mounts, and even then are not satisfied..

I'm generally of the opinion that we pay for the game blizzard develops. If we don't like it, we're free to quit paying for it at any time. There is nothing wrong with taking player feedback and acting on it, but at the end of the day, its their product, and they're going to do what they think is best. If they do something that is far enough removed from what players enjoy, then those players will leave.

My personal opinion on having Brawler's Guild invitations be limited to the BMAH or invitations from players already in the guild is that it is a poor way to handle things. It's likely to leave a lot of players feeling that they will never see this content because they don't have a ton of gold sitting around waiting to be spent. Sure, eventually invites will make their way around the community, but that's a bit of an arbitrary way to handle things in my eyes. Gold sinks are fine when they are cosmetic items or quality of life things. When an area of content is restricted to players who have a lot of gold (whether that restriction is real or just percieved) it leads to a lot of negative feelings in the community and probably won't end well.

So, there's my feedback. Its a different idea to do Brawler's invites in this way. I don't like it. My first reaction is that it won't be received well by very many people. Take that and do with it what you will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Blizz has catered too the casuals too much, this board displays pretty much the end result. The old school fan base got annoyed and leave, and unless you nerf the hell out of everythign and make it all one shottable, the new wow crowd will get upset and threaten to quit every time you release new content.
    Actually, this appeals the heck out of me and I am as "Old School" a fan of Blizzard as you can be. Its pretty cool to see a skill-based sport with spectators that can influence the outcome.

Is it for everyone? No. Honestly if it WAS for everyone, it would suck and nobody would ever bother to watch it. What is the fun in seeing the majority of players fail miserably at a solo encounter with a monster creature?
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

10+ Year Old Account
    After 2 years they launch an expansion full of dailies and a patch? Color me surprised.
    I would rather color you unsubbed. You are obviously used to a much rapid content production system at another MMO or game. I am sure you would find yourself more at home there. In the meantime, leave us poor souls to our misery. We just don't know any better and will make do with this poor excuse of an expansion with most content ever and a patch that drops in record speed.
    Never underestimate of the power of stupid people in large groups.

10+ Year Old Account
    After reading about it for a while and finally receiving some actual details about it, I'll stay with my original opinions for now:

- I like the RP aspect they've wrapped around it. Private clubs and all of that.
    - I like the idea of spectator sport inherent in it.
    - I don't have a problem with there being something non-progression-based in the game that's a bit out of reach to start with.

That said, I think Blizzard will cave on this eventually and spawn Brawler's Guilds with limited populations on each realm (say 15-25 before another one spawns). They are delaying the inevitable with the gating but it's still inevitable.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    This explanation has made me think the idea is even more terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Quick Ben View Post
    I would rather color you unsubbed. You are obviously used to a much rapid content production system at another MMO or game. I am sure you would find yourself more at home there. In the meantime, leave us poor souls to our misery. We just don't know any better and will make do with this poor excuse of an expansion with most content ever and a patch that drops in record speed.
    Typical fanboy response. No need to get your panties in a bunch because not everyone shares your opinion. Only interesting thing left in the game is the people in my guild that I raid with. I'll unsub when I'm done destroying the raid content as always. It's the only interesting part of the game even though every boss is just a combination of the same mechanics that have always been used over and over again.

I feel bad for the people that don't actually have a guild of people to play with and are , for some reason, actually looking forward to content like this. But because of a stupid implementation will inevitably be left out and for what?

Bunch of naive kids in this thread that think it's somehow "awesome and exclusive" just because its arbitrarily gated? Get real. This doesn't make any sense from an objective standpoint, and pointing that out doesn't make someone "entitled" just intelligent enough to see the obvious truth.

GG.

Typical fanboy response. No need to get your panties in a bunch because not everyone shares your opinion. Only interesting thing left in the game is the people in my guild that I raid with. I'll unsub when I'm done destroying the raid content as always. It's the only interesting part of the game even though every boss is just a combination of the same mechanics that have always been used over and over again.

I feel bad for the people that don't actually have a guild of people to play with and are , for some reason, actually looking forward to content like this. But because of a stupid implementation will inevitably be left out and for what?

Bunch of naive kids in this thread that think it's somehow "awesome and exclusive" just because its arbitrarily gated? Get real. This doesn't make any sense from an objective standpoint, and pointing that out doesn't make someone "entitled" just intelligent enough to see the obvious truth.

GG.
    You are aware that the Brawler's Guild is just a small amount of the content that's being offered in this patch right? I feel sorry for the uninformed.