Thread: World war 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The major players are simply too interconnected to risk a direct conflict between them. China for example owes a lot of it's economy to western nations buying it's cheaply-made goods. Because of this no matter how much of our debt they own (which for the record is only about 8%, the highest single owner by a significant margin but not even close to a majority) they are at least as dependent on us as we are on them.

I could see a significant regional war, most likely in the Middle East, but again the major players are going to avoid direct confrontation even if they technically support different sides.

In other cases like North Korea, a new war would simply be about a dozen different nations dog-piling North Korea while China, after being assured of their own security via diplomatic channels, looks the other way. The war would last maybe a couple of months at most, mere hours if nuclear weapons are deployed.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Deleted
    Stop your childish 'Merica vs big bad commie russia bullshit.

They are both countries with good leadership and both are not retarded. The only thing that's realisticly might going to happen is North Korea going suicide on South Korea and syria to transform to a wartorn country like Congo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blikz1 View Post
    Stop your childish 'Merica vs big bad commie russia bullshit.

They are both countries with good leadership and both are not retarded. The only thing that's realisticly might going to happen is North Korea going suicide on South Korea and syria to transform to a wartorn country like Congo.
    well to the second about syria that pretty much already happening... though on a smaller scale because of population
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

unless we find a replacement for fossil fuel soon, I see WW3 being fought by everyone over the last remaining oil wells
    The EU, Russia, China and USA being the bigger "actors",
    I've no idea what to write here.

Quote Originally Posted by Argarock View Post
    unless we find a replacement for fossil fuel soon, I see WW3 being fought by everyone over the last remaining oil wells
    The EU, Russia, China and USA being the bigger "actors",
    I find it unlikely we'd have something on the scale of a world war over oil. Smaller scale war, yes, but nothing that huge. War after all needs to be fueled by something, and if that something is oil you could run the risk of burning more oil then you could possibly pump out of the ground if things get out too far out of control.

Plus we aren't really all that far away from being able to reduce our need for oil by a significant amount. The electric cars aren't there yet, but a few more generations of the technology and they could very well be.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another World War like WW2 is highly unlikely given how dependent and connected most civilized countries are to each other. As others have said, smaller conflicts in the Middle East, Africa, maybe even South America is much more likely. The only way I can see another World War happening is if another Hitler is born, someone with a lot of power out to just conquer. A group of people/nations wanting to conquer. Or..if aliens attack. As funny as that sounds, I don't see it any other way. And aliens attacking is...needless to say, very unlikely..lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Religious extremists don't run the country, so that point is completely irrelevant and really just looks like a cheap shot at religion in general.
    I would review a lot of the congress's views, for i would call them religious extremist.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    I would review a lot of the congress's views, for i would call them religious extremist.
    Care to name some religiously extremist policies made in the past 4 years?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're thinking a general war along the lines of the two previous, then no. Nuclear weapons have created a very effective deterrent - the most you will see is proxy wars in the manner of the Cold War.

Not to mention that, as stated, none of the great powers have any real gripes with each other that would escalate into total war.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

"Tin foil hat time"

TBH If this pissy conflict continues we might as well turn the middle east into a carkpark.

Times running out for them to play nice, it's going to end up costing the world too much.

We just need to get that oil and we can remodel that entire region for the better.

Maybe if we set off a chain of nukes in each country and just let them blame each other we can get what we need and leave

Tinfoil hat off"

World loves money too much to fight ^_^

Doubt there will be any major conflicts until one side is able to set up a 100% reliable anti-nuclear weapons shield.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    If there is a 3rd World War it will be in the Middle East or between South Korea and North Korea assuming we talking current scenarios.
    I think someone needs to look up the definition of "world war"

World War 3 is an udeniable fact - of course it will happen. It could be 10, 50, 100 or 200 years from now, but it IS gonna happen.

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”
    -- Albert Einstein.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    If you're thinking a general war along the lines of the two previous, then no. Nuclear weapons have created a very effective deterrent - the most you will see is proxy wars in the manner of the Cold War.

Not to mention that, as stated, none of the great powers have any real gripes with each other that would escalate into total war.
    Such an expert on absolutely everything, seriously. *sarcasm*
    People are insane and capable of crazy things., you talk in absolutes as if the possibility of world war is impossible.
    Are you just afraid of it or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    People are insane and capable of crazy things., you talk in absolutes as if the possibility of world war is impossible.Are you just afraid of it or something?
    Greed beats Crazy 99% of the time.....

Yes.
    Religious war.
    World Unification. One World Government. World War 3: The End
    It will be either the beginning of a new age for the world, or the destruction of ourselves.

Other than a fight for resources to me the most likely way for a war to break out would be if North Korea nuke tested a little too close to Japan. Otherwise, I really dont see a war happening again, it was proven in the cold war that everyone is scared of nukes.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Bob View Post
    I think someone needs to look up the definition of "world war"
    I think someone needs to read beyond what is written.
    Last edited by muto; 2012-11-09 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Greed beats Crazy 99% of the time.....
    Wealthy people don't own armies anymore
    inb4 "america is owned by the oil industry"