Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Prove me wrong.

I wasn't referring to a "set ending level", I'm referring to the engine and it's limits. EQ2's is set to 200. So WoW has some engine limit, too. No engine can handle more than it's designed for unless it's upgraded...and that in gaming is a whole new platform (a WoW 2.0).

maybe prove that you are right first...oh right, you can't.

OT:

Length of going through the 10 new levels doesn't necessarily mean you have to work twice the time of going through a 5 New Level expansion. It would take the same amount of time, but at a faster rate in gaining levels. (less boring).

Also 10 new levels does not necessarily mean more areas to be available, it just means instead of for example 1 level each area, it would be 2 levels.

For me, I would like the next expansion to be 10 levels, here is why:

1- Instead of gaining 1 - 2 new skills every expansion, they can add more skills (say every 2-3 levels - Not necessarily Active skills), and also they could implement another skill system , so that you don't have gazillion skills to memorize and get used to.

2- You will gain a new level faster than in a 5 new Level expansion. Things won't be as boring as a 5 new level expansion. The process of doing over a million* quest to level from 89-90 is silly in my opinion.

*Figuratively speaking

3- When buying a new expansion (that costs as much as a new game), 5 Levels and 2 skills isn't much of good price for those who enjoy questing, leveling and character progression, adventure, etc... (I'm ignoring end game content).

When buying a new expansion you might as well expect lots of new stuff in your leveling journey.

N.B: This point is directed towards those who enjoy MMO in a leveling, adventure experience rather than the end content grind.

I was kind hoping to level to 100 on Argus.

Deleted
    Prove me wrong.

I wasn't referring to a "set ending level", I'm referring to the engine and it's limits. EQ2's is set to 200. So WoW has some engine limit, too. No engine can handle more than it's designed for unless it's upgraded...and that in gaming is a whole new platform (a WoW 2.0).
    You were the one who made the initial claim without verification. Not saying that you are wrong, but I would like to see a source.

Next expansion will be the last one and max level will be 100 so yes, 10 levels next xpac it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Next expansion will be the last one and max level will be 100 so yes, 10 levels next xpac it is.

last couple of months every dev in every interwiev were saying "We will continue make expansions for WoW as long people will be playing"
    and yet people still make that silly comments.

I hope you get the irony, after saying
    "Another, "tbc was great current expansion is shit" topic, really? People still make those? I'm amazed "
    in other topic.
    I'm amazed

15+ Year Old Account
    Nothing would change if it was +5 or +10. However +5 would be alot better otherwise everything else would be weird.

id like 10lvls or even more. Leveling for teh first time in new content is bu far the most fun with in wow imo. so i whould be overjoyed if next exapnsion raised lvlcap to 100 or more

Prove me wrong.

Do you know what a gaming engine is ? I'm pretty sure you don't. Please look it up.

As for level limit, I'm pretty sure it is not hard coded :P (isn't set or written in the game code files) level cap is set in the database.

For example:

Level cap = 90

so next expansion the database administrator set it to 100. where 100 is just a number that can be set to 1000 for all they care.

or so at least that's what I think. But trust me... it's not in the engine ^^

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 03:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Nothing would change if it was +5 or +10. However +5 would be alot better otherwise everything else would be weird.
    Why would it be weird ? TBC, WOTLK had a +10 Level expansion, was it weird then ?
    Last edited by arth; 2012-11-09 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    last couple of months every dev in every interwiev were saying "We will continue make expansions for WoW as long people will be playing"
    and yet people still make that silly comments.

I hope you get the irony, after saying
    "Another, "tbc was great current expansion is shit" topic, really? People still make those? I'm amazed "
    in other topic.
    I'm amazed
    Yeah but there is decline in playerbase, less and less people play. Blizzard's statements are part of their marketing strategy, declaring that next expansion will be last would make a lot of players sad/disappointed. Wow was always planned to have 5 xpacs and as of now there is nothing which would suggest otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by arth View Post
    Do you know what a gaming engine is ? I'm pretty sure you don't. Please look it up.

As for level limit, I'm pretty sure it is not hard coded :P (isn't set or written in the game code files) level cap is set in the database.

For example:

Level cap = 90

so next expansion the database administrator set it to 100. where 100 is just a number that can be set to 1000 for all they care.

or so at least that's what I think. But trust me... it's not in the engine ^^

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 03:07 PM ----------

Why would it be weird ? TBC, WOTLK had a +10 Level expansion, was it weird then ?
    Obviously we don't know what the level limit is for wow, but looking at some older rpgs like might and magic for example (theoretically there was no level limit in the game but you could train your characters to the "engine" limit which was iirc 255). Another example, experience in runescape which is capped at 200mil and you cannot go any higher etc. etc.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2012-11-09 at 01:16 PM.

Where are you getting this info from?

I would like if they returned to 10 lvls/xpac.

Deleted
    Yeah but there is decline in playerbase, less and less people play. Blizzard's statements are part of their marketing strategy, declaring that next expansion will be last would make a lot of players sad/disappointed. Wow was always planned to have 5 xpacs and as of now there is nothing which would suggest otherwise
    yep, 10 millions, pretty much dead.
    RIP WoW. we will miss you.

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    Where are you getting this info from?

I would like if they returned to 10 lvls/xpac.
    I laughed that he thought it'd be the last expac. Blizzard does not take artistic integrity over profit. They will make expansions until people stop buying them.

Deleted
    I do miss the 10 levels per expac model, it just makes the whole experience "bigger" for me, but of course that is my own opinion.

What I do think may happen, if we ever did go back to the 10 level model, will be the stats squish, so they could justify putting 10 levels in, without the crazy stat/damage/everything else model which we have now where white damage would be off the scale!

So, next expac +10 levels please, but have the squish in there as well to make it happen!

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    The first two expansions raised level cap by 10 levels... I found it weird to only get 5 in cata.
    It could be that in MoP they gave 5 to get to 90, so a correction and from now they will raise it by 10?
    I remember there were some complains about only getting 5 levels in cata.

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 01:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    I laughed that he thought it'd be the last expac. Blizzard does not take artistic integrity over profit. They will make expansions until people stop buying them.
    I know, blizzard themselves stated this several times. And yet here this guy says this as a fact! it could be that he wishes it to be the last xpac.... don't know.
    I hope he still will answer this.

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 01:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Febreeze View Post
    I do miss the 10 levels per expac model, it just makes the whole experience "bigger" for me, but of course that is my own opinion.

What I do think may happen, if we ever did go back to the 10 level model, will be the stats squish, so they could justify putting 10 levels in, without the crazy stat/damage/everything else model which we have now where white damage would be off the scale!

So, next expac +10 levels please, but have the squish in there as well to make it happen!
    I don't think they will do the squish!
    As we can see in MoP the stats are not going skyhigh in comparison with cata (like the difference wrath <> Cata). here already, something is being done. But a squish? No.

Quote Originally Posted by arth View Post
    1- Instead of gaining 1 - 2 new skills every expansion, they can add more skills (say every 2-3 levels - Not necessarily Active skills), and also they could implement another skill system , so that you don't have gazillion skills to memorize and get used to.
    They're already having trouble finding new stuff to give to us. That's probably one of the reasons we only got 5 levels in the last two expansions.

Expect additional abilities going forward to mainly be utility or fluff.

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    yep, 10 millions, pretty much dead.
    RIP WoW. we will miss you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    So much fanboyism and denial. From now till the last tier of the next expasions is probably 4-5 years. Wow will be really old by that time, with many more people retired/bored of it completely. At that time, to get more $$/players blizzard will probably switch the focus completely to titan, doing that while wow is still not completely dead will ensure much greater starting playerbase for it which will transfer from wow (titan will be released in winter 2013 afaik). So the 5th and last expansion will be the end of wow/time of transfer to the new mmo most probably

Deleted
    So much fanboyism and denial. From now till the last tier of the next expasions is probably 4-5 years. Wow will be really old by that time, with many more people retired/bored of it completely. At that time, to get more $$/players blizzard will probably switch the focus completely to titan, doing that while wow is still not completely dead will ensure much greater starting playerbase for it which will transfer from wow (titan will be released in winter 2013 afaik). So the 5th and last expansion will be the end of wow/time of transfer to the new mmo most probably

please tell me whats the next lottery numbers, if you can predict future so well.
    Newsflash for you - WoW is already damn old, for the games standards and there's no mass exodus.
    Starcraft is old, CS 1.6 is old, Diablo 2 is old, and yet they are still better then newer games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Naw, WoW will soldier on somehow. Too many fanbois, too many addictions to just quit abruptly.

And by then we'll FINALLY have our expansion only realms to be happy with.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Naw, WoW will soldier on somehow. Too many fanbois, too many addictions to just quit abruptly.

And by then we'll FINALLY have our expansion only realms to be happy with.
    The realms they will never make because it makes no economical sense?