Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Originally Posted by SWTOR
    Today we are excited to announce that the global launch date of theStar Wars™: The Old Republic™ Free-to-Play option will be November 15, 2012. This release will be simultaneous across all of the territories and countries The Old Republic™ is available.

If you’re a paying Subscriber at the launch of the Free-to-Play option on November 15th, you will be granted all of the Complimentary Cartel Coins currently listed on your Cartel Coin Ledger page, plus a one-time grant of 250 Complimentary Cartel Coins!

Additionally, we are extending the Rewards Program! All former subscribers who reactivate their subscription by the new date of December 20, 2012 at 11:59pm CST will be granted Complimentary Cartel Coins for their prior paid months up to November 15, 2012. For more information on all of the rewards you could potentially receive, visit www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com/FREE.
    As always, be sure to check StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com for latest updates and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.

small extra incentive for returning players to resub in time. 250 coins is a little over 1 month worth of coins based on post-announcement valuing.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    Today we are excited to announce that the global launch date of theStar Wars™: The Old Republic™ Free-to-Play option will be November 15, 2012. This release will be simultaneous across all of the territories and countries The Old Republic™ is available.

If you’re a paying Subscriber at the launch of the Free-to-Play option on November 15th, you will be granted all of the Complimentary Cartel Coins currently listed on your Cartel Coin Ledger page, plus a one-time grant of 250 Complimentary Cartel Coins!

Additionally, we are extending the Rewards Program! All former subscribers who reactivate their subscription by the new date of December 20, 2012 at 11:59pm CST will be granted Complimentary Cartel Coins for their prior paid months up to November 15, 2012. For more information on all of the rewards you could potentially receive, visit www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com/FREE.
    As always, be sure to check StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com for latest updates and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.

small extra incentive for returning players to resub in time. 250 coins is a little over 1 month worth of coins based on post-announcement valuing.
    Its to make up for the fact that the post 15th stipend is 500 CC.

To truly make up for it, it would have to be 300. But w/e. Most people aren't going to notice.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Btw cant find any info on how much it costs to unlock warzones for a week, anyone know this?

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Btw cant find any info on how much it costs to unlock warzones for a week, anyone know this?
    250 coins. So like 2.50 essentially.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    250 coins. So like 2.50 essentially.
    So essentially $10/month to only do warzones, not equip epics, only have 2 action bars, etc etc....

If you actually want to do anything in this game just subscribe or play something else. They aren't really giving you an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    So essentially $10/month to only do warzones, not equip epics, only have 2 action bars, etc etc....

If you actually want to do anything in this game just subscribe or play something else. They aren't really giving you an option.
    I'm going to pay the 40 dollars (going to start out with like 15 dollars of coins) to unlock everything and never pay the subscription again. Hate subscriptions.

And then just pvp a bit every now and then. It'll be like my pvp fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Sooo I totally remember saying that if they stuck to their reported time scale we'd see 1.5 on the PTS mid-Octoberish. Yay me I'll add patch notes as soon as they get them up.

[*]Dark Side Eyes and Light Side Eyes now display as brightly as intended when the camera is zoomed in on the character's face.Updated 10/31
    Whoa. Forgive me if this has already been brought up. But what do they mean by Light Side Eyes? Do you now get an appearance for reaching a high tier of Light? :O
    "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." --Dr. Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by summourn View Post
    Whoa. Forgive me if this has already been brought up. But what do they mean by Light Side Eyes? Do you now get an appearance for reaching a high tier of Light? :O
    I guess your eyes will turn blue instead of red? Seems a little hitler-y.

Deleted
    Its to make up for the fact that the post 15th stipend is 500 CC.

To truly make up for it, it would have to be 300. But w/e. Most people aren't going to notice.
    sorry, stipend? what do you mean by that? I already added 2 more months of sub using gametime to my account. I didn't somehow lose 250 potential coins, did I?

sorry, stipend? what do you mean by that? I already added 2 more months of sub using gametime to my account. I didn't somehow lose 250 potential coins, did I?
    After the 15th, a subscriber gains 500 coins a month. So if you subscribed today, you would only gain 200 for subscribing the month before f2p, and so to avoid people waiting till after the 15th to subscribe they are giving you 250 for being subscribed the 15th. Still a loss of 50 coins but at least its not 300.

Deleted
    After the 15th, a subscriber gains 500 coins a month. So if you subscribed today, you would only gain 200 for subscribing the month before f2p, and so to avoid people waiting till after the 15th to subscribe they are giving you 250 for being subscribed the 15th. Still a loss of 50 coins but at least its not 300.
    ah, I see. so I would in total gain 950 coins, correct? 200 for the month that started before, 250 for being subbed on the day itself and 500 for the month afterwards? I can live with losing 50 coins.

a followup question: what exactly is a stipend? my English isn't as good and i was mostly confused by that word.

ah, I see. so I would in total gain 950 coins, correct? 200 for the month that started before, 250 for being subbed on the day itself and 500 for the month afterwards? I can live with losing 50 coins.

a followup question: what exactly is a stipend? my English isn't as good and i was mostly confused by that word.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stipend

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by summourn View Post
    'Light side eyes' are a new item you can get in cartel packs. You use the item to gain light shining out of your eyes for X minutes and Y cooldown. Like the holodancer, band, galactic party bombs etc, you keep it in your inventory and click when 'needed'.

Dark Side Eyes exist also iirc.

Thanks to Jamos77, I now know that I will be able to play SWTOR

Do I have to wait for the F2P launch to download the 30GB game or can I just download it right now and wait for F2P launch to start playing? 30GB will take time even on my 16MBPS connection.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    FYI - For the max purchase for coins, it's $39.99 for 5500 Coins. (137 Cartel Coins per dollar.)

FYI - For the max purchase for coins, it's $39.99 for 5500 Coins. (137 Cartel Coins per dollar.)
    That's better than the $1 = 100 coins everyone speculated. Not bad, really.
    There were around 7,000 Greeks in total at the Battle of Thermopylae.
    Not just the Spartans and a few inept imbeciles to play clean up.
    Friends don't let friends listen to Zach Snyder/

Mmm. That's the deal I am going to take.

Upgrade my account fully. And have several months worth of pvp to spare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any leaks on the rate for Euros instead of Dollars?
    I need to do some math on how much would i have to spend to remove all my restrictions but WZs, OPs and FPs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    I need to do some math on how much would i have to spend to remove all my restrictions but WZs, OPs and FPs.
    Sub will be cheaper I'm guessing but no I don't have EU prices.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    I'm betting it's 1:1 rate.