Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Idea: Get rid of item colors (green, blue, purple, etc)

I'm so incredibly sick of the "LOLZ WELFARE EPICS" and "PURPLEZ FOR ONLY HARDCOREZ" bullshit that I'm proposing this idea: Totally get rid of the item color system, and if that's too much, redo it to the point where the whole uncommon/rare/epic/legendary system is gone.

Instead of going by color for item drops, just go by item level. It's easier, and it gets rid of the morons that obsess about an item's color.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Deleted
    suits me fine.
    Whilst we are at it, remove the "heroic" tag from gear too.

10+ Year Old Account
    "ilvl 500+ ONLY FOR HARDCOREZ" Does that sound better? This issue will always exist in one way or another.

10+ Year Old Account
    While color obsession is annoying, it does help to give you a visual indication of progress and general rarity of an item. Removing it would cause more problems than it would solve.

If we remove colors, it would just transform into the gearscore thing all over.

People would still know that xxx iLvl only drops from Raids or Heroic raids. It wouldn't solve the issue at all, also I like to have different coloured item names, at least while leveling an alt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellus View Post
    If we remove colors, it would just transform into the gearscore thing all over.
    Plus the color immediately identifies if something is useful...greens dropping in an instance are clearly not something I have to look over when I'm wearing all purples.

/2 LFM VOA 5.5K GearScore LINK ACHIEVEMENT!
    /2 LFM ICC 6K GearScore LINK ACHIEVEMENT!

At that was at the height of Wrath where everyone was in purples coz it was stupid easy to get them.

This issue will always exist in some form, item level, item quality.

Heck, there was even a time when you wouldnt get invited to a raid unless you could do more than X DPS or more than X HPS (heals per second)
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    But it's so cute when people whine about welfare epics when the term was coined in Burning Crusade (oh snap)
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Color also makes it easy to tell what something will disenchant into. >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Color also makes it easy to tell what something will disenchant into. >.>
    ^this.

Also, people would still obsess over ilvl, instead of color. Without paying attention to stats, and it would still stay a "You can only join this pug raid if your gear score is above this line".

Deleted
    Epic sky is blue : )

Seriously, we can /inspect you and we'll know what you did and where you been, and if it all says raid finder on it, like mine will in a few weeks, then what the hell, boss dead /loot /party /hug!

I always thought it would be interesting if they got rid of all client side stats and gave players only a vague indicator of stuff like % health on characters and a vague indicator if a piece of loot is more powerful than what you have on. Of course I'd prefer such a system with a new game not change this one.

I remember in D&D you wouldn't be able to tell what a magic piece of equipment did unless you knew someone with enough skill in identification. You could still equip it but sometimes items were cursed.

How about:

white = world drop
    green = quest reward
    blue = dungeon or raid drop
    purple = rare world drop
    orange = legendary

And a new colour, red/whatever = crafted or vendor bought

Or we could just keep it the way it is and ignore the 1% of PvE heroes that whine too much about the LFR.

http://youtu.be/RFZrzg62Zj0

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wooootles View Post
    Or we could just keep it the way it is and ignore the 1% of PvE heroes that whine too much about the LFR.
    I think that is the post of the day. I'd give you cookie if I had any.

How about we solve this problem by not giving two shits what other people have and how they got them just because showing it off gives you a raging epeen?

How about we solve this problem by not giving two shits what other people have and how they got them just because showing it off gives you a raging epeen?
    Both of these so much... If people would just stop caring what other people who have absolutely nothing to do with them, were doing... this game, and the world in general would be a much much better place.
    Fanboy (Fanboi): A Term used when someone disagrees with you on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate your counterpoint back so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming you into silence and thus them winning through dominance.

That would make more problems than it would solve imo, plus it would totally mess up disenchanting and vendoring stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    I'm so incredibly sick of the "LOLZ WELFARE EPICS" and "PURPLEZ FOR ONLY HARDCOREZ" bullshit that I'm proposing this idea: Totally get rid of the item color system, and if that's too much, redo it to the point where the whole uncommon/rare/epic/legendary system is gone.

Instead of going by color for item drops, just go by item level. It's easier, and it gets rid of the morons that obsess about an item's color.
    You know, those same morons will just find other ways right?