Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    There is no hole. It wouldn't be a theory if it had a hole.
    Indeed. This is my point. We don't disagree!

In warehouse quantity sure... but realtively the record we have now is tiny with huge gaps.
    Billions of years will do that.

Quote Originally Posted by sulfuric View Post
    to Romney being a weak candidate
    But Romney was a weak candidate. Nobody actually voted for Romney. They were all just voting against Obama and that's no way to win an election.

Where the Republicans lost big was in the Senate. And that can largely be blamed on the rape comments and not wanting gays to be able to marry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    We have a bunch of redneck yahoos that like to set them off in the cul de sac where I live, and 60% of their shit ends up in our yard or on our house. Not infracted
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocarbs View Post
    We have a bunch of obnoxious wetbacks that like to play their mariachi music where I live and nearly all their family ends up parking in our yard. Infracted

Quote Originally Posted by Ateup View Post
    But Romney was a weak candidate.
    A weak candidate, with weak ideas. A losing combination

you people are actually fight for the theory of evolution?
    that even the Vatican is taking a "well it might be true but it is compatible with religion" stance?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/reli...istianity.html

and as for climate change...well if its not true why one of the biggest company that destroys environment pays huge money to prove it doesn't exist and go as far as to falsify reports from the US congress?

just search coch brothers and you will see...

but then again some of you voted for an agenda promoting rape and discrimination on women.

A weak candidate, with weak ideas. A losing combination
    Well if it's Obama or Romney in the White House we are going to get spending, wars, and bankers ripping off the country so it really doesn't matter to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    We have a bunch of redneck yahoos that like to set them off in the cul de sac where I live, and 60% of their shit ends up in our yard or on our house. Not infracted
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocarbs View Post
    We have a bunch of obnoxious wetbacks that like to play their mariachi music where I live and nearly all their family ends up parking in our yard. Infracted

Quote Originally Posted by Ateup View Post
    Well if it's Obama or Romney in the White House we are going to get spending, wars, and bankers ripping off the country so it really doesn't matter to me.
    in situation like this (i dont believe Obama to be a saint but thats how politics work)you choose the lesser evil and guess who's the lesser evil.

You know if you think about it rationally popular vote was 50-48. That isn't a big difference. While we, a mostly socially liberal board, will come up with all kinds of reasons rebulicans are bad it's unlikely the leader ship is going to see a huge issue and try to make sweeping adjustments.

Before Romney lost the conservative base was already making up reasons as to why they lost. They will not accept that their rhetoric lost them the race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Democrats don't think America is the greatest country on earth?
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

Do you guys think the republican party will admit that they lost based on their ideas being out of touch with the country and change their platform

Half of America didn't even bother to vote and the other half didn't even vote for Obama.

At war for 10 years, young people unemployed, college debt still rising, national debt still rising, running interference campaigns in the middle east, income inequality, schools are a mess, largest military in the world in spending only outdone by spending on social services. Don't make me laugh OP talking about how just "one" party needs to change. The only solutions they can come up with for problems is to throw more money at it and hope it goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by Giants41 View Post
    Democrats don't think America is the greatest country on earth?
    That depends on what criteria you're using. It's not the smartest, not the happiest, not the most free, not the healthiest. At some point you have to put down the big foam #1 finger and face the facts, America can't keep coasting on the accomplishments of previous generations. We are not the "greatest" country on earth anymore, not by any of the measurements I have listed.

It will be interesting to see if the GOP evolves over the next couple of years considering the majority of that party doesn't believe in evolution itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Formerly of the People's Republic of Illinois
    You know if you think about it rationally popular vote was 50-48. That isn't a big difference. While we, a mostly socially liberal board, will come up with all kinds of reasons rebulicans are bad it's unlikely the leader ship is going to see a huge issue and try to make sweeping adjustments.
    Very astute. I don't have the time but will respond to this thread in due time with pretty good analysis. Both the Rs and Ds will not like what I will say.

btw....glad to be back from my pre-election ban the mods drummed up for me.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexis_de_Tocqueville
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. -CS Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Right now, they seem more inclined to double down. Many of them were living in a bubble when it came to information and truly believed Romney was going to get 300+ votes. As such, rather than adjust to the reality of what occurred, they simply have to deny that it's a result of their own policy positions.

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 05:57 PM ----------

No, there are not.

No, they are not. For example, the opinion that women can't get pregnant when they're raped is not just as valid as my thoughts on the matter. The belief that evolution is a "lie from the pit of hell" is not just as valid as my thoughts. The idea that all opinions are equally valid is nonsense.
    I think people like you are whats wrong with the country. You see this as "Two sides to every story". Tell me please how the opinion of "Global warming is a hoax" is just as valid as the scientifically proven fact of global warming? Tell me please how the opinion of "I do not believe in evolution" is a valid opinion?

There are not two sides of every fact, there are only facts. I think you need to look into this further to understand the error of your statement.
    wow. just wow. who's really in denial. get your head out of the sand.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    The essence of conservatism is careful change. If the GOP cannot adapt and change in some way, then it won't survive.

And that scares me. Either we have a 2-party system or a no-party system, but a system where the GOP dissolves into factions would, as things are now, leave us with one huge party and tons of smaller ones, and that is bad. That is awful.
    this is assuming that once the GoP breaks up that more conservative democrats that are mearly put off by the far religious right wont join with a more socially liberal but fiscally economic version of the GoP.

just because 1 party breaks up doesnt mean the other one will still be holding the same people is does currently.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Deleted
    It seems that the republican party has been in denial for a very long time on a number of issues. Denial about education, denial about America no longer being the "greatest country on earth", America being a Christian nation (it isn't), Denial about evolution, Global warming, the age of the planet, and a plethora of other scientific issues.

Watching the GOP play the blame game and scapegoat everything from the hurricaine, to Romney being a weak candidate, to America full of black and latino voters who "want free shit" has made me realize that they are still in denial. Do you guys think the republican party will admit that they lost based on their ideas being out of touch with the country and change their platform to be more inclusive instead of exclusive? Or will they continue business as usual and further alienate women voters by promising laws limiting their control of their bodies, pressing more de-regulation of banks and big business, and further pursuing their losing platform of 2012?
    When was it ever the greatest country on earth?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahFrigginBlah View Post
    What exactly is he in denial of? It's easy to say that someone is flat out wrong...it's harder to say why. But unless you have a basis for your claims, you have nothing to claim.

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahFrigginBlah View Post
    Tell me how there is two sides to a FACT? Then I will allow you to continue telling me that I am in denial.

10+ Year Old Account
    That depends on what criteria you're using. It's not the smartest, not the happiest, not the most free, not the healthiest. At some point you have to put down the big foam #1 finger and face the facts, America can't keep coasting on the accomplishments of previous generations. We are not the "greatest" country on earth anymore, not by any of the measurements I have listed.
    It would look pretty bad if any party said "America is not the greatest country anymore" but of curiosity what in your opinion is the best?
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3