Thread: Symbiosis Tranq

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Symbiosis Tranq

Hi, long time lurker. First time posting.

I just wanted to know if there was some reasoning behind tranquility doing such a low amount of healing (so low that I personally feel its almost useless). Has this been addressed and I missed it or something? Thanks.

Overall argument is to not break balance (i.e. requiring always a druid/priest combo etc)...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    Overall argument is to not break balance (i.e. requiring always a druid/priest combo etc)...
    It's still a bit weak, we're literally better served by flash healing down the list.

Edit: I guess it IS balanced though; just as useful as Entangling Roots for my Mistweaver.
    Last edited by espoire; 2012-11-09 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by espoire View Post
    It's still a bit weak, we're literally better served by flash healing down the list.

Edit: I guess it IS balanced though; just as useful as Entangling Roots for my Mistweaver.
    Except that there are certain cases where you might see it used. Symbiosis Tranq never has uses in anything other than looking pretty between pulls.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    Except that there are certain cases where you might see it used. Symbiosis Tranq never has uses in anything other than looking pretty between pulls.
    You can cast it while moving? If not, I can't really justify using it between pulls, either.

Deleted
    It is way too weak to be useful. Spamming Binding Heal is more HPS anyway.

From what I recall it wasn't that bad in healing. Last logs I remember looking at, I had done about 900k healing with one tranq, so 110k hps. I seriously doubt you can match that with flash heal/binding. I mean its nothing compared to what you can do popping a Vamp on last stage elegon, 6m over 10 seconds . But considering you can pre-cast before incoming damage, and the majority of the healing it does will be actually after you complete the cast (remember it does a 10k tick up front and a stacking HoT as well) If the player gets topped before this finishes, it'll get wasted.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestar View Post
    From what I recall it wasn't that bad in healing. Last logs I remember looking at, I had done about 900k healing with one tranq, so 110k hps. I seriously doubt you can match that with flash heal/binding. I mean its nothing compared to what you can do popping a Vamp on last stage elegon, 6m over 10 seconds . But considering you can pre-cast before incoming damage, and the majority of the healing it does will be actually after you complete the cast (remember it does a 10k tick up front and a stacking HoT as well) If the player gets topped before this finishes, it'll get wasted.
    I'd like to see a log if you have it. When I use it, its always 6 to 7k ticks. no where near 900k healing for me, which is why i feel its so underwhelming. 6k ticks is nothing with how large health pools are.

Quote Originally Posted by justflayin View Post
    I'd like to see a log if you have it. When I use it, its always 6 to 7k ticks. no where near 900k healing for me, which is why i feel its so underwhelming. 6k ticks is nothing with how large health pools are.
    It would appear you are indeed correct. Just went back and looked, it was a lot lower than I expected. 8k ticks, averaging about 250k per tranq with no overhealing (like 2.5%). This could definitely be replaced with a few well placed flash heals.
    Only real main improvement on this seems to be the fact it guarantees to heal the lowest player first, and doesn't break shadow-form.

Priest tranq seems to be a very dumbed down version
    1807 + 16.7% of spellpower on the priest version
    9037 + 83.7% on the druid version.

:|
    Last edited by Nestar; 2012-11-10 at 11:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats the CD for priests?

Deleted
    The CD is like 7-8 mins so is a waste totally in my pov.

8 mins CD and pretty low healing done. However the mana cost is ALOT lower than the druid-version.

I have found a couple uses for it in HoF though. We are what you may refer to as a "casual" guild, and our healers are not world class. Replacing them is also out of the question. I'm not saying they are completely trash or anything, but during force and verve it's quite OK, just to help them out a bit. Also, at the 20% mark on second boss in HoF we always take a good 3-4 sec before we start moving, just so our healers can do a couple aoe-heals before we move. Popping tranq at this point helps everyone aswell.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    We were created by the biblical God.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    There's as much evidence for Santa as for darwinian evolution.
    The irony

They stole Hymn from Shadow Priests, so they could give Druids a cute new ability that gives Shadow Priests pseudo-Hymn. It's complete nonsense, and the designer sucks my ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tiporispit View Post
    They stole Hymn from Shadow Priests, so they could give Druids a cute new ability that gives Shadow Priests pseudo-Hymn. It's complete nonsense, and the designer sucks my ass.
    Hymn was replaced with Vampiric Embrace, which is a better designed spell on a shorter cooldown. Symbiosis Tranq is a silly, unrelated thing.

Deleted
    Honestly thought it might have been a bug when I first tried it out, it's just terrible as is.

Deleted
    I get about 300k from a tranq, which is about the same healing as a single cast of cascade in heal mode (tested in 10 man raid). So yeah we get as much healing from one gcd as a whole tranq channel, awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by espoire View Post
    Hymn was replaced with Vampiric Embrace, which is a better designed spell on a shorter cooldown. Symbiosis Tranq is a silly, unrelated thing.
    NO

Good Wrath VE was replaced with shite Cata VE which was replaced by current VE.

It is complete BS that they took DH away for a watered down Tranq that isn't even worth casting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew View Post
    It is way too weak to be useful. Spamming Binding Heal is more HPS anyway.
    this, pretty much.