Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Welcome to the Jungle: Season 3 Changes

Jungle Changes are now on the PBE

Jungle
    • General
    • Leashing has been changed
      • Jungle monsters now attack the closest hostile target rather than chasing their original target until reaching their range limit
      • Whenever jungle monsters switch targets it counts as a “leash” - the maximum amount of leashes after which jungle monsters will reset has been increased
      • Jungle monsters now deal bonus damage to summoned minions
    • Initial difficulty of all jungle camps has been increased
      • Overall camp Health has been increased
    • Camp difficulty and rewards have been re-distributed more into the large monster in each camp
      • The largest monsters at each camp are generally more resilient but also hold most of the rewards
    • Scaling difficulty and rewards of the primary jungle camps has been significantly increased
      • Health and Attack Damage growth per minute significantly increased
      • Gold and Experience growth per minute significantly increased
    • Overall rewards have been re-distributed between the 3 primary jungle camps (Wolves, Wraiths, Golems) to better match their difficulty and convenience
      • Wraiths are the fastest-respawning, most convenient camp and have the lowest rewards
      • Golems and Wolves are more difficult and are worth more
    • New jungle items have been added to the store and old jungle items have been adjusted
      • Hunter’s Machete - new jungle starting item that builds into Madred’s Razors and Spirit Stone
      • Spirit Stone - jungle item geared towards casters and tanks that has 3 upgrade paths
      • Madred’s Razors and Wriggle’s Lantern have been modified to build out of Hunter’s Machete
    • The “Banking” system that caused jungle monsters that have stayed alive for a long duration to have slightly increased rewards has been removed
    • Wolves
      • Critical Strike damage bonus reduced to better normalize damage output
      • Movement Speed slightly reduced
    • Wraiths
      • Reduced their vulnerability from enemies that engage them from outside of the camp
      • Camp has been repositioned
      • Big Wraith’s Attack Range has been reduced
    • Golems
      • Movement Speed and Attack Range increased to reduce vulnerability from kiting
      • Magic Resist reduced to negative values
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As we all know Season 3 is once again changing the jungle. Riot's goals are to make it have less early gank pressure, more rewarding to farmers, and open up even more potential junglers.

Items:
    To begin, we know of one new jungle specific item, Hunter's Machete. Costs 300g (currently), increases your damage against jungle monsters, and does additional true damage against jungle monsters. This item is a bit like the Dorans item for the jungle, only it will have upgrades into more jungle items, one path being Madred's Razor and the other a new item called the Spirit Stone. No clue what the Spirit Stone does yet.

Many new jungle items are being introduced that should help AP and AD Caster Junglers, like Elise, Diana, Kha'Zix, and Pantheon.

Difficulty:
    The Jungle is becoming stronger to reduce early game pressure. Junglers will be taking more damage, so boots + 3 will no longer be open to pretty much every jungler. This change will hopefully also effect picks for the lanes, since you no longer need to be super safe to farm.

Health and damage is being rebalanced onto the big monsters at each camp, so single-target junglers wont be quite as far behind on clearing since the big monsters will drop fast for them, while the small ones will drop for the AoE clearers.

Rewards are increased, so farming junglers can make a comeback. Yi, Tryndamere, and many of the carry junglers will be able to farm their way to big items. Their difficulty will also scale better into late game.

Since all around jungle damage has been increased, the sustain junglers such as Warwick and Fiddlesticks can survive with that extra edge and starting build diversity.

Leashing as we currently know it no longer works. Jungle monsters will now attack the enemy closest to them. However, junglers with pets, such as Shaco, Zyra, and Malzahar, now have a small advantage since their pets can tank for them.

Wraith camp rewards are slightly lower and the big wraith has been repositioned to make mid lane commit more to farming for the extra gold.

Small golems have had their Movement Speed increased to make them more difficult to kite.

Champions:
    Nautilus, Rammus, and Sejuani are all mentioned as targets for buffing/tweaking if the new jungle proves too punishing.

Nocturne is in a good place with a fine balance between AoE and single target clearing.

Hecarim and Skarner may need mana costs reduced.

Volibear is pretty much kicked out of the jungle.

Jax is crazy good in the hew jungle with counter-strike for AoE and Empower for single target. Higher gold/exp gains also mean he can easily get farmed up.

Trundle is doing well with his access to farm and his decent clear speed.

Nunu is still the counter-jungle king.

Amumu and Shyvana still have some of the fastest clear times, though Shyvana has a rougher time in the new jungle.

Karthus has a rough time in the jungle, but he can still do it.

Eve can no longer survive the jungle.

Champions that could start boots in the new jungle: Shaco, Udyr, Warwick, Lee Sin, Nunu, Cho'Gath, Xin'Zhao.

Link to Statikk's Thread: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2780182

EDT: More champion info.
    Last edited by Axethor; 2012-11-16 at 04:27 AM. Reason: official PBE patch notes

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting. Leashing gone is the most important aspect meaning the other lanes that help out have to stay a do some damage. I like it quite a bit because tanky junglers are good and all but I like carries to be prevalent in the jungle society too.
    Hey everyone

Awesome! Sounds like jungle will become quite fun.

This sounds amazing. Only change I'm not fond of is no more leashes, but I can guess getting people to smash a camp for a bit will work too

Woot my main jungler will now be a little faster as he is single target. I hope some more of my fave champions will be able to jungle as well.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like this is all coming along rather nicely I might just head back to Jungle for Season 3 after a season in top lane
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm keen for jungle changes.
    But no way I'm keen for that stupid Ward-Stone that will make counter-jungling/counter-attacking easily.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    I'm keen for jungle changes.
    But no way I'm keen for that stupid Ward-Stone that will make counter-jungling/counter-attacking easily.
    Ward stone?

Without being able to have a leash some current junglers that already have a really poor jungle start but make up for it with superb ganking (Rengar for example) may be push out of the jungle abit because they really do have a roughtime doing there first clear of the jungle, Stonewall did an interesting write up on his impression of the new jungle http://www.reignofgaming.net/blogs/s...t-make-the-cut you can read it there for anyone who is interested i find stonewalls views of jungle champions to be very interesting, but that is my opinion.
    I'm a little ninja, short and stout I take all the loot and I hearthstone out All the guys on teamspeak scream and shout I'm the warrior in full devout.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulaenyth View Post
    Stonewall did an interesting write up on his impression of the new jungle http://www.reignofgaming.net/blogs/s...t-make-the-cut
    Which should be taken with a grain of salt. We don't fully know how the new jungle will work, or all the new items for junglers if they add more then the hatchet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, they mentioned that it is still very benificial for your team to stick around and smack whatever buff you start at, they just didn't want leashes for some reason. Which I guess makes some sense because some champions need a really hard leash to to well, and if they don't have a team that cab help them with it, then they kinda get abused.

I think I like the changes, but I'll have to wait 'till it's live or they say more. Though the hatchet thing does look interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    trolling the enemy team with my shaco juke
    Hmm, this means that Ill be able to steal all enemies second buff with greater ease since leashes are removed. Wo0t !

10+ Year Old Account
    More Champion info added.

New champion info: So what? The champions they said have a hard time in the new jungle won't be able to jungle anymore? Also yay for Jax, he is one of my favorite junglers.

Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    Which I guess makes some sense because some champions need a really hard leash to to well, and if they don't have a team that cab help them with it, then they kinda get abused.
    Well with the new items those champions might do better in the new jungle then they do now.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    that doesnt sound too awful to be honest. i was a tad worried but it looks like this could actually be pretty good. im capable of starting jungling without a leash on xin zhao so thats not too big of a deal. leashing really only allowed me to gank right after i got blue so no real loss.

looking forward to it actually!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure Sejuani is getting a buff whether they say "potential" or not. She's been needing one since her release and just has had to sit in the ground since.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    I'm sure Sejuani is getting a buff whether they say "potential" or not. She's been needing one since her release and just has had to sit in the ground since.
    What's so bad about Senj? Literally never see her being played. She has an arrange of slows and an AOE stun. Is her damage really bad or something? I should really try her as she's free atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    She desperately needs her team to do something. That tends to fall flat on its face in solo queue. In organised play, she needs a bit of help in the first few levels, which means there's oftentimes safer choices to pick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davekthxbai View Post
    What's so bad about Senj? Literally never see her being played. She has an arrange of slows and an AOE stun. Is her damage really bad or something? I should really try her as she's free atm.
    She has a slow clear time, does next to no damage when ganking, and gets abused by the jungle at early levels.

Sure she can become pretty difficult to kill and it basically a walking frozen mallet, but out of that and her ult, she is pretty useless. There are other champions that do the things she does better.

Exciting.

I'm looking forward to the jungle being a bit more of a commitment than it currently is. Currently it almost feels like every lane has +1 more member, prior to getting some wards up. If you're not super safe, you could die in a second.