Thread: Map of Racism

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    It doesnt have 30% today either nor did it have 1% in the 1970s We have according to EUROSTAT 9.2% born outside of EU. and that was in 2010.

Sure we have problems but the solution isnt to slam the door shut and put the head in the sand and think the problem goes away. It is the same as if we just ignore the problems in black neighborhoods in USA the problems will go away. obviously that will not make any problem go away.

Combine this with the outright lies from Romney in this years campaign of that Obama is removing work requirement on welfare ( totally false he was actually giving waivers to allow it to be INCREASED) It is easy to see that racism is still a major problem in USA today

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 12:43 PM ----------

The GOP have lacked respect of the office of POTUS everytime a democrat have been elected. The bogus impeachment on Clinton and constant birther and other issues vs Obama.

Ted Nugent and Donald Trump kinda lost it after the election if we say so. kinda scary since in the case of Donald Trump he is so closely tied to the GOP of today. We go back to the talks from Sharron Angle ( Teaparty nutcase running for Senate from Nevada in 2010 ) and she had those 2nd amendment remedies ideas if we dont win the elections.

Lots of interesting and good literature on how the noise machine of the extreme right is working in the USA.

And quite frankly the level of extremism that is on display is something that should worry most people. we see so much fascism trends growing across the world. We see it in Greece right now and i wouldnt be surprised if we soon wake up to ethnic cleansing of non greeks in greece.

The ugly head of fascism is never further away than a massive financial meltdown and it always makes a return and the scapegoats gets called out.
    I agree with this.

As for the Romney argument. Good example how politics shapes the matter to the worse..
    You are absolutely correct with pointing this one out..
    The states ask the white house for more flexibility, the white house accepts under the permission to increase the requirements, means to lower the amount of leeching off the govt. Yet the GOP with Romney turns it around broadcasting an entire different conclusion.

Extremism is sure enough not an American exclusive problem. It's a human problem.

As for Nugent, it amazes me how he can even have any exposure...
    We are talking about the guy who shit and pissed his pants for weeks, without ever changing clothes, to avoid the Vietnam Draft.
    He is a pedophile, even openly admitted to be addicted to under aged pussy.
    He conned some 16 year old girls parents into having him made legal custodian to their daughter, whom he had been having sex with for 2 years anyway, just so he could marry her.

I mean serious? What is he talking about Anti-American at all.
    He's a disgrace in so many aspects. Yet he still has followers.. Board member of the NRA..... unbelievable.

Where's all the tweets where people are racist against white people?

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems to me, percentage-wise, there's more blacks who are racists than there are whites who are racist. I'm from the South, I do know racists. But it's not like hollywood likes to depict. The vast majority of conservative whites in the South are not racist. In fact, most of us are tired of the tired stereotype put on us.

I know it's a just another ploy to make the right less appealing to those coming of political age.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salech View Post
    Where's all the tweets where people are racist against white people?
    There were some too.. Not as much the other way around tho.
    I've seen both. Might wanna google it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mnevis View Post
    Michelle's great granddaddy maybe, not Barack's.
    Wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkpqnoLojgM

Obama's white mother had a black grand grand grand father.

Michelles grand grand grand parents were rednecks fighting for the Union. #mindblown?

Quote Originally Posted by vastx View Post
    It seems to me, percentage-wise, there's more blacks who are racists than there are whites who are racist. I'm from the South, I do know racists. But it's not like hollywood likes to depict. The vast majority of conservative whites in the South are not racist. In fact, most of us are tired of the tired stereotype put on us.

I know it's a just another ploy to make the right less appealing to those coming of political age.
    This feel-good denial of reality is what conservatives used to disregard all examples of conservative ignorance during the previous presidential term. It's EXACTLY why you all lost the election, and it's EXACTLY why your party is scrambling to find its pulse. Get out of "Ostrich Mode" already.

10+ Year Old Account
    keep dreaming.....
    I understand you don't want to be thrown into stereotypes, but that's just a rather schizophrenic claim lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    This feel-good denial of reality is what conservatives used to disregard all claims of conservative ignorance during the previous presidential term. It's EXACTLY why you all lost the election, and it's exactly why your party is scrambling to find its pulse.
    No, it's called reality. Don't start to tell me what life is really like down here. We have more in common with blacks in general down here, than you "Mike Stivic's" of the world could begin to understand. We understand racism, because we have (in general, I'm not gonna deny) seen what racism does. The big difference between the left and right when it comes to race? We on the right don't use race to divide. To us, it's part of life and descriptor, not another voting bloc to keep in chains.

I think our biggest problem is not coddling to minorities who demand we set them a part from all other groups. But that's something that's very difficult for us to do. Not because we hate that group, but because we believe all groups should be treated equally.

*Edit* - I was talking about race in this entire post. I re-read the last paragraph and had to chuckle. Chuckle because of my side's continued relationship with the gay community. (The right is wrong on that issue, no denying.)
    Last edited by vastx; 2012-11-10 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    So the Somali immigrants taking the route somali > greece > germany > sweden is not considered in your statistics.

etc.

None have the real numbers, social corruption is deep especially in Scandinavia. Countless are not considered immigrants after having been in a country for a few years. Illegal immigrants is vast, excluding European immigrants also speak for the value of the numbers. It is all estimates, just like 1% in 1970 is. As the number resembles reality from the author. I guess you also think Norway have less than 3% unemployed, yet 1.5 mill of 5 mill total is on welfare. Do the math! How can you believe in these statistics?

etc.

There are many solutions. All of them are considered racism. Everything moves toward continued ethnic devastation in the form of mixing all races. I could call that real racism. Compared, I am trying to preserve races. Humanity just love being destructive regardless what it is.

When you speak of black neighbourhoods, I wonder what problems you refer to. Racism or the general crime that causes increased racism?
    Probably the racism that caused the conditions which lead to the general crime, that causes the increased racism.

This is interesting. I never knew calling a white person a monkey is NOT an insult.

No, it's called reality. Don't start to tell me what life is really like down here. We have more in common with blacks in general down here, than you "Mike Stivic's" of the world could begin to understand. We understand racism, because we have (in general, I'm not gonna deny) seen what racism does. The big difference between the left and right when it comes to race? We on the right don't use race to divide. To us, it's part of life and descriptor, not another voting bloc to keep in chains.

I think our biggest problem is not coddling to minorities who demand we set them a part from all other groups. But that's something that's very difficult for us to do. Not because we hate that group, but because we believe all groups should be treated equally.

*Edit* - I was talking about race in this entire post. I re-read the last paragraph and had to chuckle. Chuckle because of my side's continued relationship with the gay community. (The right is wrong on that issue, no denying.)
    Having lived in a few towns in Georgia over almost two decades, I can faithfully say that you're "full of it". Oh and....

We on the right don't use race to divide.
    That is the biggest load of crap that I have ever heard. One the flies in the face of all contradictory evidence.
    Last edited by Booshman; 2012-11-10 at 01:29 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Also note they called him a monkey, since some people had no clue monkey can be used derogatorily towards a person whose black, appears black, or is mixed.
    You can also call someone a monkey because of their incompetence, like I can call a white person a monkey for being idiotic. Monkeys aren't as smart as humans. Do I have to make it any clearer?

To say that calling a black person a monkey means racism only makes you a racist yourself for making that connection.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having lived in a few towns in Georgia over almost two decades, I can faithfully say that you're "full of it".
    Are you trying to tell me we both have had different experiences in observing racism? Wow.

Or are all white Southerners racist? Wait a second...that kind of mentality reminds me something else....

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's pointless. There's simply no way to count "Racism", eve less by such meaningless things like tweeter, where a bunch of people post stuff like someone even cares

However, there's racism and there will always be, the thing is that we gotta stay over it and ignore those idiots, later on they'll die, just like everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Hmm, I don't see this thread lasting long before locked...

I think the most surprising thing to me was that there were states that didn't have any racist tweets -- although with a 365 number sample the whole entire thing is a bit dubious.

It really just comes down to societal culture and norms. In some areas those norms are more forgiving of racism than others.

EDIT -- also, I'm curious -- would a black person using the n-word in a positive manner count as a racist tweet just because it used the n-word or is the intent taken into account?
    No it wouldn't. count.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    I call Bullsh!t... my friends and I refer to each other as "nigga's", "porch monkeys", "fags" and the like all the time. It doesn't mean anything without connotation. Saying it's racist or hate speech in a vacuum is just asinine.
    Except it isn't a vacuum. They were tweets with a black POTUS as the subject. There is no other way they could, nor should, be taken.
    Last edited by Manataurus; 2012-11-10 at 01:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having lived in a few towns in Georgia over almost two decades, I can faithfully say that you're "full of it". Oh and....

That is the biggest load of crap that I have ever heard. One the flies in the face of all contradictory evidence.
    Present evidence.

Present evidence.
    Yeah, I've had this conversation too many times and I'm not doing it again. This is how it will go. I'll list something. You go down the typical route of try to claim it's an isolated incident. Then I list multiple stories and you either try to downplay them, or you try to change the focus onto what other people are doing. Nothing gets changed, and at the end of the day, you're still the one with the negative stigma attached to your region/group. All the while you think that you've "won" the discussion, because you conflate personally disregarding/hand-waving away evidence as "refuting it". Oh, and you may now try to claim victory "a la thought so!"-esque response.

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 08:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    Well that racism is not a problem, it was a problem. The resulting problems is something else.

Agreed with Vastx. Nationalistic origin is what matters, not race. The word racism is to unspecified to be of any use to a right wing member.
    "Someone cut me, which gave me an infection, which caused my limb to have to be amputated! But I can't blame who initially cut me! Nor can I stop them from doing it to someone else!"

That's terrible logic.
    Last edited by Booshman; 2012-11-10 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Bob View Post
    I'm not a racist, I hate all skin colors evenly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I've had this conversation too many times and I'm not doing it again. This is how it will go. I'll list something. You go down the typical route of try to claim it's an isolated incident. Then I list multiple stories and you either try to downplay them, or you try to change the focus onto what other people are doing. Nothing gets changed, and at the end of the day, you're still the one with the negative stigma attached to your region/group. All the while you think that you've "won" the discussion, because you conflate personally disregarding/hand-waving away evidence as "refuting it". Oh, and you may now try to claim victory "a la thought so!"-esque response.

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 08:45 AM ----------

"Someone cut me, which gave me an infection, which caused my limb to have to be amputated! But I can't blame who initially cut me! Nor can I stop them from doing it to someone else!"

That's terrible logic.
    No. You can't do it, and that's cool. Maybe you've had the discussion with people who, like yourself, don't know the true meaning of divisiveness or racism for that matter.

No. You can't do it, and that's cool. Maybe you've had the discussion with people who, like yourself, don't know the true meaning of divisiveness or racism for that matter.
    Glad to see you followed suit.