Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Squishy as my raid saids and I'm at a lost at this point.

I keep trying to get them to tell me when I'm squishy, like after what ability and all, they won't though so I'm trying to figure out where I'm going wrong at. I'm .19% from expertise hard cap, 7.5% hit and gemmed mainly for haste. What I've been doing 'rotation' wise is keeping my shuffle up as my first priority, it usually sits around 80-85%ish average uptime, I have seen it at 98%+ a few times, but not many. I will try and keep Guard on cooldown unless I need to save it for something, as well as dampen harm/diffuse magic depending on the fight. The only other thing I can see might be a problem is elusive brew. I never get it higher than like 3 even if I sit on it the whole fight. Am I just unlucky with crits or is there something else to it I'm missing.

Another thing is they keep saying it looks like I'm focusing more on damage than surviving, but I'm clearly not and I just don't know how to show them I'm not. I'm prioritizing all my defensive abilities first and foremost (shuffle, guard, expel harm, etc) If I have room to weave something else in I will, maybe that's what I should stop, but I don't see it hurting my survivability if I do, but then again maybe it is. Then the dk I'm with is thinking he's doing something wrong because his damage is really low thinking he should be closer to me and all and he's at the point where he doesn't really talk about anything outside of "i'm taunting", etc. I just feel like this class is driving me away from the game as well as the raid that's what I was thinking full of friends. Sorry, I'm going on a rant here. Anyways, here's a few logs from different bosses what the hell am I missing here.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ngchi/advanced
    Nov 6th Raid: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/keix819genj3myl9/
    Nov 4th Raid: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5a2s4e2tc0k056uk/
    Some HM Attempts: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-yfnxdb6hqatgxts2/

If I'm missing a good boss to tell something from tell me and I'll post some other logs. I'm really at the end though and seriously contemplating just quitting the game because of all this. It's making me depressed, I know the raid is getting fed up with it and I don't know if it's something I'm doing, something the healers are doing or whatever it may be. And every time I bring up maybe healers I get basically yelled at like they're perfect and it's 1000% not them. Does it look like it's defiantly not them or what.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't help much, you're in DPS gear.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Well, I aint no expert but my co-tank is a Brewmaster. And I took a look at our last recorded Will of the Emperor kill and compared it to yours.

You both have the same uptime of Shuffle, although I'm pretty sure he only lets it drop during dances if any (Which you got hit by two of them btw).
    Other than that you have about an extra 1000dps going on you, you took 55k dps, he took 53.9k.

The really big difference, is the fact that he pushes out about 35% more healing than you (Includes guard). He has about twice your healing thru Chi Wave and about half your Expel Harm usage. Also his Guards seems to be way stronger than yours, most likely used at the end of normal tanking phases to make sure Ap thru Vengeance is high when he activates them, no point guarding mid-dance when your ap is diminishing.

But yeah, no pro. I'll have him take a look

@ Gehco, that's not dps gear he is a monk there is no specific tanking leather.

@ op your reforges seem fine, but I would compare your uptime to some of the top brewmasters. Monks if played well can be amazing, but they are harder to play than any of the other tanks as there is so much to be aware of. It might be worth looking at some other builds, I know that some have gone with a pure mastery build after softcaps and it's working for some of them.

Don't let it get you down though, it's good that you're looking to improve. Raiding should be about fun, and if it's not fun for you, then maybe take a short break.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have told them I've looked at top brewmasters and they're all like you can't look at them, they're all in heroic gear and so on. The raids haven't even been out for long enough to have full heroic in every slot though.

You're not using kegsmash enough
    You're not always using purifying brew enough / quick enough
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

10+ Year Old Account
    I am on my phone so can't read the logs well but didn't see it in your post. Are you using purifying brew? The damage from stagger can get quite high and make you seem squishy.
    If I weren't insane: I couldn't be so brilliant!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I tend to purify once it gets to around 28-36kish and so on. Is that bad then? There's no where on worldoflogs to tell what damage my stagger is doing when I purify it is there?

@Yohassakura: Are you being serious or what? I'm not trying to be rude or nothing, just curious. I thought I was hitting it every time it's up, is that not the case in my logs? I do have another tank who keeps saying I rip threat off him, but when I say I let off to let him get vengeance and all he comes back and says I shouldn't have to do that and I'm trying to figure that out. If he hits with 0 vengeance after a taunt and I'm not supposed to let off like I have been doing how is he supposed to out threat me then o.o.
    Last edited by Bryce; 2012-11-10 at 05:06 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Can't help much, you're in DPS gear.
    haha.

I already tanked a few hc bosses, like spiritbinder and 4 kings. so because my mainspec is ww, i used my dd gear to tank these bosses.
    Some guides tell you to reforge/enchant your tank gear like a dd would do it. except of 2 enchants.
    to be honest, i think to go to the expertise hard cap is a absolute waste of important points atm.

none of our healers ever said im "squishy"

thats my dmg AND tank gear
    eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/zuluhed/Hardcòre/simple

Deleted
    GC covered his fail at designing this class, by claiming the class has a high skill cap. It's not your fault, monks need a severe revamp.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Our tank healer just told me I'll be fine for a long while and then I'll just drop and every healer is spamming heals on me but I still die, from full health. ANd I don't know if that's the point where I get lazy and let everything drop off or if I still just get unlucky and not avoid anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by galook View Post
    I tend to purify once it gets to around 28-36kish and so on. Is that bad then? There's no where on worldoflogs to tell what damage my stagger is doing when I purify it is there?

@Yohassakura: Are you being serious or what? I'm not trying to be rude or nothing, just curious. I thought I was hitting it every time it's up, is that not the case in my logs? I do have another tank who keeps saying I rip threat off him, but when I say I let off to let him get vengeance and all he comes back and says I shouldn't have to do that and I'm trying to figure that out. If he hits with 0 vengeance after a taunt and I'm not supposed to let off like I have been doing how is he supposed to out threat me then o.o.
    Seriously looking at your logs, you're a couple of keg smashes short (not that there's particularly good fights to look at in MSV); but for example, my will of the emperor fight lasted 50seconds less than yours, and i still did 10 more keg smashes.

If he wants you to continue slapping the bosses hard, while he picks the boss off of you, tell him to pop Rune Weapon with the glyph.

From what i've seen, DK tanks are doing a lot more damage than what he is, though I'm no DK expert, so I won't even bother going into that.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|