Deleted

Servitor based Spec?

Hello guys!

A few weeks ago I started playing RIFT, and I'm in love with the game! I started as a Warrior and went into the Riftblade soul tree since some people told me to get into it for PvE (I'm a focused-on-PvE player). The thing is that I have became a bit bored about the warrior after a while, and I would like to start something a bit different.

So, this lasts days I have been playing some Skyrim again after a long time and continued doing quests with my Conjuration Mage, which is a mage who totally relies on his summons.

The thing is, I would like to know if something like that exists in RIFT: a character who totally relies on his pet. And if it exists, of course I would also like to know if that build is actually competitive in PvE (by competitive I'm talking about filling a slot on a raid environment).

Hope you can help my out guys, of course if something like this doesn't exist, I would like to know if there's something similar to it.

I know that there are some Warrior builds with pets, but I wouldn't mind to reroll another character (for example a Mage). Also I would appreciate to see screenshots/name of the pets to see how could they look and armors and stuff

Thanks again guys, if I learnt something about this community is that it totally rocks, people is very helpful and nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Holymorph View Post
    Hello guys!

A few weeks ago I started playing RIFT, and I'm in love with the game! I started as a Warrior and went into the Riftblade soul tree since some people told me to get into it for PvE (I'm a focused-on-PvE player). The thing is that I have became a bit bored about the warrior after a while, and I would like to start something a bit different.

So, this lasts days I have been playing some Skyrim again after a long time and continued doing quests with my Conjuration Mage, which is a mage who totally relies on his summons.

The thing is, I would like to know if something like that exists in RIFT: a character who totally relies on his pet. And if it exists, of course I would also like to know if that build is actually competitive in PvE (by competitive I'm talking about filling a slot on a raid environment).

Hope you can help my out guys, of course if something like this doesn't exist, I would like to know if there's something similar to it.

I know that there are some Warrior builds with pets, but I wouldn't mind to reroll another character (for example a Mage). Also I would appreciate to see screenshots/name of the pets to see how could they look and armors and stuff

Thanks again guys, if I learnt something about this community is that it totally rocks, people is very helpful and nice.
    I believe a druid (cleric soul) could end up being useful in a raid environment. At 60, they get a raid wide buff that increases the spell power / attack power of the raid by 235 while also doing decent dps.

I also believe that BM is great for support now, but haven't played it since it was re done.
    The Art of War- FT 4/4 EE 4/5
    R80

There are no specs that rely exclusively on pets. However, all callings have at least one soul dedicated to pets.

Mage has Necromancer and Elementalist, both of which depend a fair bit on pets for DPS and solo survivability.
    Warrior has Beastmaster, whose pet is less of a priority.
    Cleric has Druid, which has had an their dependency on (and flexibility of) pets increase in the latest patch.
    Rogue has Ranger, which is fairly dependent on pets for DPS and survival.

The warrior Beastmaster is going to be the most desired pet class post-SL, I think, because it brings raid-wide buffs (a la Bard). The cleric Druid has had a few moments in the sun, depending on game state. Given it has a melee-focus, and the intention that Trion has of providing roughly 5% extra DPS for melee vs range, it's expected to be reasonably raid-viable post-SL as well.

I'm not as involved in the other callings, but expect that they're reasonably competitive.

Druid in Cleric, Ranger in Rogue, Beastmaster in Warrior and Necromancer + Elementalist in Mage all rely on pets.

Deleted
    Thanks for the info guys!

And how are these classes doing on dps meters? Are they good? Or do they only bring buffs and other kind of suport stuff?

Also as a last question, do they have fixed pets and cant tame/get more?

And how are these classes doing on dps meters? Are they good? Or do they only bring buffs and other kind of suport stuff?

51 Ele/15 Necro is one of the top Mage DPS specs atm.

And the pets are fixed.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Deleted
    Hello guys!

So the beastmaster is more into the support role? How does that work on RIFT? Does it bring buffs, deals damage, heals?

Ranger was the top Ranged DPS spec for Rogues pre 1.11. I don't think it is really completely certain what will be best at 60 yet, and I'm sure even if they knew on Alpha there will be tweaks for a couple weeks after SL release, so can't say for certain. What I can say for certain is that unless you are in a bleeding edge progression guild going for world/server firsts, you can play as whatever the hell you want.

Deleted
    Hello guys!

So the beastmaster is more into the support role? How does that work on RIFT? Does it bring buffs, deals damage, heals?
    In a simple way, A beastmaster deals slightly less damage than a DPS warrior, but brings buffs to the raid, such as solid stat buffs and cooldowns that increase the overall raid DPS, these buffs do not stack with each other

Generally the raid has 2 support players, there are 3 support souls, Archon (Mage), Beastmaster (Warrior) and Bard (Rogue)

Archon's and Beastmasters provide the same buffs and deal similar damage, but are both played in very different ways, Beastmaster is heavily reliant on pet and pet management.

Bard provides a different set of buffs, heals and does a bit less damage than the other support classes.

Deleted
    Thanks again guys, I'll probably try out Beastmaster since I already have a Warrior a bit leveled up.

Which could be a good Beastmaster build? Where to use the 15 left points?

Thanks again guys, I'll probably try out Beastmaster since I already have a Warrior a bit leveled up.

Which could be a good Beastmaster build? Where to use the 15 left points?
    With a 2h weapon use this: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...kkbz.xuoRo.-10