Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

What role will Sylvanas play in deposing Garrosh?

Kosak mentioned in an interview with a lore podcast that Sylvanas (Whos obviously his favorite character :P) will play a big role in Garrosh's downfall (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPF5kGZ7mQM&feature=plcp around 23:30). What will she do?

10+ Year Old Account
    She'll take his head, stitch it onto an abomination and order it to clean that giant slime barfing creature in undercity every day from there on.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    He didn't say "big role" he said "a role". I don't see her part being any bigger than sending in some troops and probably showing up herself to help with the rebellion. Maybe score some brownie points to get her orc overseers off her back.
    Last edited by leaks; 2012-11-10 at 08:32 PM.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    Gah hopefully nothing.
    Sylvanas has been nothing but evil since Cata and for her to go and have some words with Garrosh is just sad really. A genocidal leader who utilises necromancy and has on repeated occasions directly disobeyed her Warchief should not be involved.

I imagine she'll secure the independence of her people from the Horde, Kor'kron overseers and all?

Or, possibly smuggle him out of the city so he doesn't get executed in exchange for future favors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    A genocidal leader who utilises necromancy and has on repeated occasions directly disobeyed her Warchief should not be involved.
    ... Isn't a chance to pin her sins on Scapegoat Hellscream a massive incentive for her to get behind this whole rebellion thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    ... Isn't a chance to pin her sins on Scapegoat Hellscream a massive incentive for her to get behind this whole rebellion thing?
    I can totally see her saying she felt pressured and forced into using plague and necromancy purely to secure victories for the Horde in EK for Garrosh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well what i think and hope will happen:

The alliance will attack with Stormwind, gilneas and dalaran forces in eastern kingdom, The worgen will retake gilneas, the forsaken will be pushed back, Sylvanas will tell Garrosh that these was going to happen, but that he didn't listened to her, Garrosh will do nothing about it, Sylvanas and Lorthemar will fight against the Alliance forces and will push them back a little..., that will make Sylvanas and Lorthemar start thinking of taking down Garrosh

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 02:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    I can totally see her saying she felt pressured and forced into using plague and necromancy purely to secure victories for the Horde in EK for Garrosh.
    Yeah..., i'm pretty sure of that too, and is most likely to end like that

Well Garrosh has yet to do anything too severe to make her decide to outright leave the Horde herself, but then again she's probably been willing to rebel against him the entire time, since she has never liked him.

I'm sure that once Baine, Lor'themar and Sylvanas get word of what Garrosh did to Vol'jin, they'll realize just how much deep shit they're in. I'd expect her to go around her city slaughtering all of the Kor'kron guards.

I've said before that I think Blizzard is throwing us a major curveball with Sylvanas's story and I don't think it's going to be the simple 'she eventually goes full lich queen, becomes raid boss, we put her down' deal people are expecting it to be. I'm convinced we haven't yet seen the Banshee Queen at her "best".

As for what she does to help oust Garrosh, I imagine she'll simply be there with the rest of the Horde leaders to do her part. You have to remember Garrosh has literally pissed off everyone except Gallywix who I'm hoping will also be a raid boss (due to him being Garrosh's number one fan and everything). Everyone wants a piece of him. That "clever bitch" comment ain't going unpunished. She also might make some kind of power grab in the chaos a leaderless Horde could cause. I hope this doesn't happen because as much as I like Sylvanas I wouldn't want her in charge of the Horde. Less because I think she'd do a bad job and more because I don't want to see these forums overflow with the sheer amount of butthurt it would cause.
    "Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken. Always and forever!"

Perfection is so horribly dull, don't you think?

here the problem with Sylvanas. her postitions near the Blood elfs is the only real thing keeping the blood elfs still in the horde. The forsaken hate garrosh becuase his troops in undercity.It real depends on the Blood elves If the blood elves turn away form garrosh. garrosh will tell her to march on them and bring them to heel. But Sylvanas is very good at preserving her people above all else. If the blood elfs leave she may march and join them. Isolating garrosh to kamlidor and giving her a way to protect her ppl kill garrosh and sow chaos

Deleted
    If Sylvanas actions are unpunished after Garrosh downfall it will be the biggest plot fail in this game. I hope that nobody will buy "fighting for her peoples survival" argument. Happy zombie-land, ridiculous. Tension between Forsaken and Worgen can't be solved in a peaceful way.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by panzerdan View Post
    here the problem with Sylvanas. her postitions near the Blood elfs is the only real thing keeping the blood elfs still in the horde. The forsaken hate garrosh becuase his troops in undercity.It real depends on the Blood elves If the blood elves turn away form garrosh. garrosh will tell her to march on them and bring them to heel. But Sylvanas is very good at preserving her people above all else. If the blood elfs leave she may march and join them. Isolating garrosh to kamlidor and giving her a way to protect her ppl kill garrosh and sow chaos
    The following is a spoiler. Please skip over my comment if you don't like 5.1 spoilers.

The Blood Elves aren't going to defect from the Horde thanks to Jaina Proudmoore's actions in Dalaran. She basically had all of the Sunreavers (who are legal blood elf residents of Dalaran) jailed in the Violet Hold. Lor'themar and Grand Magister Rommath have a scenario / quest / something where you break into Dalaran and rescue the captives, including Aethas Sunweaver himself.

Its interesting, because while everyone on the forums is like "Hooray! The Kirin'Tor joined the Alliance!" they're missing the REAL danger; Jaina has effectively split off a huge faction of the former Kirin'Tor, who have basically defected to the Horde. The Blood Elves' ranks are now swelling with former Kirin'Tor members as well.

Deleted
    she is going to be the clean up crew for org, chances are there will be a lot of dead and the horde may as well increase their numbers, then the war may be over and there may of been a lot of blood shed but then they displace all the dead under sylvanis horde or alliance so all armies benefit the horde.

the undead are a dying race and not a strong ally as their numbers slowly dwindle it is in the hordes interest to let them do the clean up now that the litch king is gone and the undead and other forces are now falling under sylvanis, banshee queen for warchief........

but seriously with how she works she can turn the horde in undercity if they wont follow her, it's not as if her own people would be affected, then any further forces sent after only serve to boost her numbers unless garrosh suddenly has a deal with the wogen as they are immune to being made undead, but then the undead are also immune to the wogen curse.

yes they could say she is evil or they could show her as giving the dead a second chance, in war the same people will die, so really she is allowing them a second chance at life, rather than just rotting on the battle field.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belimawr View Post
    she is going to be the clean up crew for org, chances are there will be a lot of dead and the horde may as well increase their numbers, then the war may be over and there may of been a lot of blood shed but then they displace all the dead under sylvanis horde or alliance so all armies benefit the horde.

the undead are a dying race and not a strong ally as their numbers slowly dwindle it is in the hordes interest to let them do the clean up now that the litch king is gone and the undead and other forces are now falling under sylvanis, banshee queen for warchief........

but seriously with how she works she can turn the horde in undercity if they wont follow her, it's not as if her own people would be affected, then any further forces sent after only serve to boost her numbers unless garrosh suddenly has a deal with the wogen as they are immune to being made undead, but then the undead are also immune to the wogen curse.

yes they could say she is evil or they could show her as giving the dead a second chance, in war the same people will die, so really she is allowing them a second chance at life, rather than just rotting on the battle field.
    Actually, as you yourself point out, the forsaken can hardly be considered weak as long as they've got a war and a val'kyr on their side. The beautiful thing about the living is that as long as there are people living, there will always be bodies to raise into more undead. Its actually a very interesting concept that's explored in the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, with the undead nation of Nex. Undead basically rule the nation and are the upper class citizens where the lower, living class slaves and suffers until they die and are reanimated into working class undead.

They dont need to defect . Inaction is just as dangerous to garrosh "grand"plans as defection. And yes the Sunreavers are all jailed and yes all sunreavers are blood elves. but not all blood elves are sunreavers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rhozul you forgot they can only rez Humans. So having the Val'kyr there would be pointless.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    I'm just tired of her playing the victim card. Also I don't feel it fitting in with the other leaders, they know what she's done with the whole Val'kyr deal. I'm surprised we haven't seen them hate her more because of it.
    I'm just getting this bad feeling that her actions are going to be completely forgotten about.

Then there's the cynical bitchy part of my mind that's annoyed by the fact all but 1 Horde leader would be getting some story whereas the Alliance is limited leader wise to Varian and dare I say it Tyrande of whom didn't get any note worthy lore progress besides being corrected and being an idiot.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2012-11-10 at 09:46 PM.

Deleted
    She will appear at his dying body and say "Now who's the bitch"

Sylvanas needs to commission a way to

Quote Originally Posted by Xenosege View Post
    Kosak mentioned in an interview with a lore podcast that Sylvanas (Whos obviously his favorite character :P) will play a big role in Garrosh's downfall (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPF5kGZ7mQM&feature=plcp around 23:30). What will she do?
    turn Orcs into undead also. Then she can rez him, and make him her new top general. Then instead of orcs v humans, we have humans v undead orcs.