Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait. 2 of the Alliance's kingdoms? Theramore and what?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Story issue I forsee:
    It would be almost a complete joke story wise if, Garrosh is defeated and the Alliance hands the horde over to "blank" and leaves. That does not make sense, that is illogical and that is poor story telling.
    But if they don't take the city in the first place, how are they gonna "not hand it back"? Sending 10/25 man raid + some backup doesn't look much like an ocupation of a city.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Funny that in their people hate Garrosh so much that they can't see why he felt the need to put Orc guards in Undercity, it was the right thing to do - if thrall wasn't such a gullible idiot he would have done the same.
    I don't see them keeping the demons out any better.

10+ Year Old Account
    [IMG]But if they don't take the city in the first place, how are they gonna "not hand it back"? Sending 10/25 man raid + some backup doesn't look much like an ocupation of a city.[/IMG]

lore wise im going to assume its a full out invasion

15+ Year Old Account
    When I read your post OP I thought abit like District 9 :P With orcs being the Aliens.

I don't see why people are under the impression that by defeating Garrosh, the entire Horde is being defeated as well. probably 80% of the Horde are turning against Garrosh. And there is zero chance that the Alliance are going to be like "alright now that we worked together with the non-orc races of the Horde to defeat Garrosh, we're going to turn against them and take over the main city of the Horde." You can wish it, but it won't happen.

From what i gather the whole point for mists is to resolve (some what) the main issues between the horde and alliance (Garrosh) so we are united against the upcoming threat , burning legion?

From the 5.1 dailies , king Varian doesn't seem to have the blanket hate for the horde anyone. He seems to see the bigger picture that he should be fighting to protect not for revenge or bloodlust ( along those lines).

So alliance holding half of Org goes against all of this and is illogical story telling.
    And i havn't even gone to say why from a gameplay perspective , that this is a terrible idea.

A interesting idea but it ends there.

10+ Year Old Account
    [IMG]But if they don't take the city in the first place, how are they gonna "not hand it back"? Sending 10/25 man raid + some backup doesn't look much like an ocupation of a city.[/IMG]

lore wise im going to assume its a full out invasion
    Different assumption then. I don't believe a single moment that it's gonna be any kind of invasion. More like Horde and Alliance joining their forces to take down a common enemy. Just because they have to.

Huh?

I have no clue what you are talking about!!!
    As in I believe Forsaken can defend their city just as orcs could. And don't say "well we saw how well they can do it in WotLK" 'cause we have no idea how orcs would manage. Hell, they've been having problems in their basement for quite some time and they haven't been able to get rid of the problem...

Theres no way that should last more than a couple of weeks

Huh I dunno why no one suggested it...but how about the Garrosh friendly forces control half of org. And the forces that are hostile against him control the other?

With only the raid showing these changes, the first 1 or 2 bosses could be some of garrosh's officers makin a preemptive strike against players in the orgrimmar the players control.

Then Vol'jin and the other npcs who are orchestrating the offensive, push in with the players. Each npc going for a different officer of garrosh's in his part of orgrimmar. Once those officers are downed. Garrosh's headquarters is opened..and everything converges on his position. With him doing somethign with the Sha or old gods or whatever..and with him being taken out.

Does that sound plausible to anyone?

Funny that in their people hate Garrosh so much that they can't see why he felt the need to put Orc guards in Undercity, it was the right thing to do - if thrall wasn't such a gullible idiot he would have done the same.
    Err, what are you talking about? The guards were added in 3.3, when Thrall was still the Warchief.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stannis View Post
    Actually we don't know, and so far it doesn't seem very likely.
    Garrosh vs the whole Alliance and Horde armies without any military help? A very interesting and uncertain fight... :S
    Unless the Legion, the Old Gods or something else kicks into the equation, that is.
    My personal bets are Blackrock orcs and the mogu remnants after we've killed the Thunder King.

I like the idea as long as....

In a retialiatory measure the horde throw a customs checkpoint just outside stormwind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just going to put this here. I don't want to hold Orgrimmar. Let the Horde handle their own city and mess. Despite people wanting to hold Orgrimmar. The Alliance has to make it known we won't tolerate another Garrosh or Horde war and leave. We shouldn't waste time and resources holding Orgrimmar.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker of Muerte View Post
    Huh I dunno why no one suggested it...but how about the Garrosh friendly forces control half of org. And the forces that are hostile against him control the other?

With only the raid showing these changes, the first 1 or 2 bosses could be some of garrosh's officers makin a preemptive strike against players in the orgrimmar the players control.

Then Vol'jin and the other npcs who are orchestrating the offensive, push in with the players. Each npc going for a different officer of garrosh's in his part of orgrimmar. Once those officers are downed. Garrosh's headquarters is opened..and everything converges on his position. With him doing somethign with the Sha or old gods or whatever..and with him being taken out.

Does that sound plausible to anyone?
    It sounds like it could make a sick aq event.:}
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Well with The Legion on the way the Alliance would be ensuring their defeat with no Horde allies left. Destroying or conquering Orgrimmar would cripple the remaining Horde who wouldn't be able to help against The Legion either.

i feel that the alliance will just set up supply blockades like the horde did in tides of war.

stop lumber from ashenvale and through the navy block cargo from the sea.

also jaina is still pissed about garrosh so shes gonna wreak havoc on him and his forces.

10+ Year Old Account
    some of you seem to neglect reading. its not handed to the alliance. alliance players will not be able to freely go to org. its just a cosmetic change in all honesty with some flare.

story wise its an alliance half... game play wise it will not be.
    As I see it your responses to anyone that offers any opposition are to be rude, or snarky to them. So what it appears you want are folks to conform to your wishes and agree with you instead of giving you honest feedback. That said... I'll give you honest feedback, I think your idea is illogical and ill-conceived on so very many levels, and since you are going to be rude about it I'm not going to waste my time listing them.

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 08:28 PM ----------

that last statement seems odd, they followed him even before this ultimate weapon.

also returning to the way things have always been is just wrong IMO it leaves way to much laziness in the writing

as i keep repeating the alliance is going to back down and leave right after, after all that had happned in cataclysm into MOP?
    Yes yes, and the Iraqis followed Saddam Hussein until they had help to depose him... then they rightfully rose up and removed him.

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 08:29 PM ----------

Alright I can see that, but my point still is (i wont list it again) the alliance had gone through to much to simply allow the horde to maintain its absolute power.
    Tough, deal with it... your idea isnt' gonna happen, not even in the remotest sense... Blizzard will get a far as 'Berlin' in your submission and then shitcan it.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krolikn View Post
    Well with The Legion on the way the Alliance would be ensuring their defeat with no Horde allies left. Destroying or conquering Orgrimmar would cripple the remaining Horde who wouldn't be able to help against The Legion either.
    because lore wise..... everyone is aware of this?

There will certainly be difficulties in just letting them have Orgrimmar, especially if Jaina's there. *shiver*
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

15+ Year Old Account
    because lore wise..... everyone is aware of this?
    If the adventurers know that something might happen I am sure their racial leaders would end up finding out. Also in the 5.1 audiofiles Varian seems to be wising up and seeing that war witht he Horde is not the most imporant thing to him, his people are. If he wanted the best for his people he would not just start another war with the new new Horde when he just got rid of the new old one(this is getting confusing!). He is learning what Garrosh is doing and looking at himself and seeing that that how he is/will become if he does not change things.

Also at the person who said the horde and allaince can not work together for a long period of time(only for other threats) is wrong. The night elves and the taurens have been getting along in the Cenarion Circle for as long as wow has started and in Dalaran the mages were getting along to together(although they were in separate quarters).
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

You don't know what the story will be like in Siege. Who isn't to say that the rebels don't negotiate with the Allies for them to leave? A scenario like this would be the rebels and Allies need each other and apart of that pact is that when Garrosh goes down, the rebel Horde take it back. Also, who knows what will happen, maybe through talks Varian could "trust" Baine or Voljin with the city. Basically we don't know how the Siege of Org will come about. It could be a number of ways. Your gate is too much, as well. Keep it simple stupid ( not calling you stupid here, just using the KISS principle), just add Ally NPCs here and there. Remember with the Battle of UC, after that battle you had Kro'Kon guards. IF they went your idea, Ally NPCs would be the route they go IMO. One more thing, there are a number of illogical things in this game, so why would this be any different?
    Last edited by Theendgamelv3; 2012-11-11 at 04:17 AM.