Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by internetheroxD View Post
    Ofcourse they'll notice, they have all the hard facts, all the stats so they can see exactly how many that quits
    I unsubbed a couple of months ago, but I wish that I had waited until now so that my quit could be counted among the ones directly related to MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact of 30 alliance players at every town in Valley of Four Winds waging a standing war on Horde players sort of tells me they have managed to bring World PvP back - for better or worse.

---------- Post added 2012-09-27 at 06:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    I unsubbed a couple of months ago, but I wish that I had waited until now so that my quit could be counted among the ones directly related to MoP.
    I promise you that whatever reason you may have had for quitting, it would have been just "from the buttocks" as leaving "Because of MoP".

---------- Post added 2012-09-27 at 06:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    Blizzard, in this decision to implement CRZ, is almost like the parents of a juvenile delinquent who doesn't want to face the fact that their kid is a foul mouthed hateful little punk, and if I buy him that switchblade he'll just use it to cut apples and peel oranges for his friends at their warm fuzzy picnic.

Please...get real.
    I would like to have this analogy explained by someone who can make a better analogy than this.

I will give it a try; Blizzard, in their decision to develop and implement Cross-Realm Zones, has made a quick-fix for players who want to join friends on their adventures, but may not be able to afford to pay for the realm transfer(s). This is like a movie theatre giving you a free movie ticket and popcorn, but not letting you take the movie home when its over. Darn Blizzard, Darn them to heck.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by commanderbeatdown View Post
    For every 10 people who vocally quit, 9.99999r of them preorder the expansion.

---------- Post added 2012-09-24 at 11:28 PM ----------

That, and the ONLY difference between rolling PvE and PvP is that the latter is signing a waiver stating you're "TOTALLY DOWN with the inevitable grief fest to be issued by max level players."

Anyone who says otherwise is either deluding themselves or clearly had NO FRIGGIN CLUE what they were getting into. Read: should have rolled PvE.
    For every person who quits, three friends quit, and their negative word of mouth influences 9 people not to buy the product.

Business 101

Also, you're very ignorant of the fact there are far more pressing issues with CRZ than 'QQ I just got ganked' right?

Educate yourself on the topic please.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    I have made two toons since CRZ came in, druid and pally both to about 40 ish so far. Absolutely loving CRZ, there is life in the world again ! also I am on a pvp server. Seriously, if you dont want to be ganked go to a pve server. Otherwise suck it up, that is what pvp servers are all about.
    That's my feeling on it as well. Also give it about two-three weeks or so and the novelty of ganking will wear off and things will stabilize. Some people are being extremely obnoxious because they can be. They'll get bored eventually. I *LOVE* the CRZ feature, leveling on a PVP server is actually fun again.

I love CRZ and i even loving people fighting over low level Resources it makes the game more realistic, no matter the lvl of resource your going to want it and not want the other faction to get it.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marsha View Post
    I've never understood why those who quit any game feel the need to make posts about quitting.
    They are trying to convince other people to do the same by giving lame arguments. Some ppl fall for it.
    proud participant of the most epic thread ever: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...an-made/page36

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    That's my feeling on it as well. Also give it about two-three weeks or so and the novelty of ganking will wear off and things will stabilize. Some people are being extremely obnoxious because they can be. They'll get bored eventually. I *LOVE* the CRZ feature, leveling on a PVP server is actually fun again.
    You're right, however many years ago it was now, I should have rolled on a PVE server, even though the game has changed drastically between then and now. It's not like I woke up on the day 5.0.3 or whatever dropped and decided to roll ten level 85s on a PVP server.

I liked being on a PVP server when I rolled on it... in vanilla... without arenas, battlegrounds, or resilience.

Anymore, I probably do belong on a PVE server because I like my PVP to have at least a half-assed attempt and providing other targets than me - I won't go so far as to call them teammates in a BG, but at least the game tries to get the same number of players on each side. Anything else feels like Blizzard is rewarding whoever has the most buddies with them (Read: Not me) for their $15/mo and penalizing me for my $15/mo and I don't care for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukionna View Post
    For a lot of people WoW is becoming much much easier to walk away from. This is coming from someone who has played since TBC launch and avid achievement/mount/pet collector.
    1000% agree. I thought quitting WoW would be harder than kicking cigarettes (which I did earlier this year and was surprisingly very easy) and it really just wasn't. I knew that it just wasn't for me anymore and I was just...well...done.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukionna View Post
    5.0 hits, and although it had some good things, most additions were terrible...my fps drops on a very good machine
    I hadn't even thought of the FPS issue to be honest. I remember when LFR came out I hated it because I have a pretty good machine myself and I was getting about 10 fps, it was ridiculous. I thought it was pretty self defeating on Blizzard's part to make a "casual" version of the raid when "casuals" generally don't have modded systems that could handle a decent FPS rate in 25 man cross realm Dragon Soul, even on the lowest graphics settings.

Again it just goes to prove what you were saying about Blizzard just not thinking things through very well for the last year or so, just like their delusion here with CRZ's, that they're going to be anything other than an absolute haven for trolls, griefers, gankers...now there's no escape from the jerks you find in randoms, not even in the comfort of your own realm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously,

I'm playing an human monk in elwynn atm... I HATE that... Too much people stealing my mobs.

If I wanted to play on HIGH or FULL population, I'd choose one before.

Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post
    Seriously,

I'm playing an human monk in elwynn atm... I HATE that... Too much people stealing my mobs.

If I wanted to play on HIGH or FULL population, I'd choose one before.
    Really? I've taken my monk up to 35 and haven't noticed a single bit of difference. Haven't had to fight for quests mobs, or drops. haven't been ganked once. What are you all doing wrong that is so different then how I play the game?
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    I have made two toons since CRZ came in, druid and pally both to about 40 ish so far. Absolutely loving CRZ, there is life in the world again ! also I am on a pvp server. Seriously, if you dont want to be ganked go to a pve server. Otherwise suck it up, that is what pvp servers are all about.
    Bullshit.

B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T.

Blasted lands. Ready to cross the dark portal. 40 deaths trying to cross it. 30 deaths while levelling. 70 fuckin deaths due to a group of lvl 90 horde assholes ganking lowbies like there's no tomorrow. Thanks to your 'loved' CRZ 'feature'. The whole place is a cemetery flooded with corpses. Thanks to another fiasco feature: CRZ.

One thing is PvP. Another one is WPvP. But being ganked like a pig, and being unable to progress in a game THAT I'M PAYING EACH AND EVERY MONTH, is a fuckin' different one.

So, no. Fuck this feature.

What CRZs simply do is highlight and magnify a big flaw in Blizzard's design: cooperation between players is actually discouraged.
    Things like:
    - Mob tagging.
    - Stealing herb/mining nodes.
    - Pick up quests which are more efficient solo than grouping.
    really don't make players help each other, instead it encourages jerk behavior.

Modern games like Guild Wars 2 and future Elder Scrolls Online already do away with these outdated mechanics. Even though Blizzard is improving slightly in this direction (e.g. named mobs in MoP award everyone who hits it quest credit), it's still not enough and right now Blizzard is not innovating at all, just copying others designs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trauma443 View Post
    Bullshit.

B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T.

Blasted lands. Ready to cross the dark portal. 40 deaths trying to cross it. 30 deaths while levelling. 70 fuckin deaths due to a group of lvl 90 horde assholes ganking lowbies like there's no tomorrow. Thanks to your 'loved' CRZ 'feature'. The whole place is a cemetery flooded with corpses. Thanks to another fiasco feature: CRZ.

One thing is PvP. Another one is WPvP. But being ganked like a pig, and being unable to progress in a game THAT I'M PAYING EACH AND EVERY MONTH, is a fuckin' different one.

So, no. Fuck this feature.
    God no... not pvp on a pvp server!!! NOOOOO!!!!

Ganking lowbies is stupid, annoying and perfectly legal on pvp servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    God no... not pvp on a pvp server!!! NOOOOO!!!!

Ganking lowbies is stupid, annoying and perfectly legal on pvp servers.
    Except CRZ has made it far more prevalent. I can understand why some people are annoyed. What was once a fairly rare occurrence as you leveled has become commonplace.

CRZ is amayzing, the way of the future, props to blizzard.

---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 01:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Except CRZ has made it far more prevalent. I can understand why some people are annoyed. What was once a fairly rare occurrence as you leveled has become commonplace.
    PvP happend in realms made for open world PvP. Working as intended. If you don't like open world PvP, don't play on realms specifically made for open world PvP.

Problem solved.

---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 01:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    What CRZs simply do is highlight and magnify a big flaw in Blizzard's design: cooperation between players is actually discouraged.
    Things like:
    - Mob tagging.
    - Stealing herb/mining nodes.
    - Pick up quests which are more efficient solo than grouping.
    really don't make players help each other, instead it encourages jerk behavior.

Modern games like Guild Wars 2 and future Elder Scrolls Online already do away with these outdated mechanics. Even though Blizzard is improving slightly in this direction (e.g. named mobs in MoP award everyone who hits it quest credit), it's still not enough and right now Blizzard is not innovating at all, just copying others designs.
    This modern games you are talking, are huge sucesses in the mmo-rpg genere!! I think blizzard should learn from this great games! (/sarcasm off)
    Last edited by AiAtola; 2012-11-11 at 01:46 AM.
    "PvE is like playing chess against an opponent that makes the same moves everytime"

"PvP is like playing chess"

Back during BC, I was ganked over and over by higher levels when I first started playing. It was frustrating and it sucked, but that's what I got got rolling a PvP server. CrZ brought that back. That was back when the servers were full to the max. What's not to love about having that again years later? It must be people who were never around to experience it, else why would those people who were complain? Makes no sense.

Yeah I have to agree with everything the OP says here. I've heard of plenty of reasons for people quitting WoW and this is probably the most irrational I've heard yet.

This is actually a really cool feature imo. It's nice to go to zones that weren't being used much and actually seeing a few people wandering around.

PVE and RP servers say hello.

crz is putting pvp on your pvp server, welcome it or leave...you look stupid to complain

I MAY quit over CRZ. Don't get me wrong, I actually like having people in the world again.

What I DON'T like is that, ever since its inception, my WoW ping has sporadically been absolutely through the fucking roof, connecting and disconnecting me from the game, making the game near unplayable for me. And yes, I know it's my WoW ping, my internet is still running well, and I had tried disabling all my addons. I love the game, and want to do more, but if a game is unplayable...well, that's where I lose my patience.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.