If I create a cyborg and programmed that cyborg with emotions ...

If I create a cyborg and programmed that cyborg with emotions of love, hate, killer instincts, compassion and bigotry am I the creator the evil one if that cyborg decides to go on a killing spree?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by warjin View Post
    If I create a cyborg and programmed that cyborg with emotions ...
    You would have an emo'borg?
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    if i create a child that kills people am i to blame
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

Quote Originally Posted by slackjawsix View Post
    if i create a child that kills people am i to blame
    There is a world of difference between the biological creation of life and the artificial creation of life.

That said, if you fail to raise your child properly and he kills people, you obviously hold some responsibility.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    You would have an emo'borg?
    Lol well yeah I'll be sure to make this cyborg a female sex slave.

Lol well yeah I'll be sure to make this cyborg a female sex slave.
    If you make a robot that is capable of feeling all human emotions for the purposes of being a sex slave it doesn't need to go on a killing spree before you're evil.

No but really, this was to provoke thought on how one would view me the creator if all I did was create and give the cyborg the program of those actions/emotions with choice, "full AI chip and all" am I to blame if this cyborg goes evil for even putting this evil into the cyborgs program?

---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 02:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    If you make a robot that is capable of feeling all human emotions for the purposes of being a sex slave it doesn't need to go on a killing spree before you're evil.
    Very true, anyways I was joking lol.
    Last edited by warjin; 2012-11-11 at 02:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    There is a world of difference between the biological creation of life and the artificial creation of life.

That said, if you fail to raise your child properly and he kills people, you obviously hold some responsibility.
    What are the differences?

No but really, this was to provoke thought on how one would view me the creator if all I did was create and give the cyborg the program of those actions/emotions with choice, "full AI chip and all" am I to blame if this cyborg goes evil for even putting this evil into the cyborgs program?[COLOR="red"]
    I think so, yea. It did not exist prior to you. With children, humans can't be helped if their kids become bad; yea it can be affected by parenting, but other times there are more factors than just the environment that makes people bad. For cyborgs, before you there were no emotions in them, and they had no feelings of hatred. Any death the cyborg brings is on your hands because you gave the cyborg capability to be able to be leaned in evil directions.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I create a cyborg and programmed that cyborg with emotions of love, hate, killer instincts, compassion and bigotry am I the creator the evil one if that cyborg decides to go on a killing spree?
    Yes, as a 'parent' you are responsible for the raising of your child, if your child becomes a mass murderer then you failed.

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 08:34 PM ----------

No but really, this was to provoke thought on how one would view me the creator if all I did was create and give the cyborg the program of those actions/emotions with choice, "full AI chip and all" am I to blame if this cyborg goes evil for even putting this evil into the cyborgs program?
    Yes, but really, if you created it and the programming and then it kills folks then its your programming that caused it.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I think so, yea. It did not exist prior to you. With children, humans can't be helped if their kids become bad; yea it can be affected by parenting, but other times there are more factors than just the environment that makes people bad. For cyborgs, before you there were no emotions in them, and they had no feelings of hatred. Any death the cyborg brings is on your hands because you gave the cyborg capability to be able to be leaned in evil directions.
    I see that point of view but what If i gave this cyborg full AI and emotions to choice for itself, I gave this cyborg an emotion chip to hate, love, ect, and programmed freewill to choose am I still to blame of all goes wrong?

---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 02:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Yes, as a 'parent' you are responsible for the raising of your child, if your child becomes a mass murderer then you failed.

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 08:34 PM ----------

Yes, but really, if you created it and the programming and then it kills folks then its your programming that caused it.
    So we the creator are to blame we agree on that, "food for thought" what programmed us humans with a full range of emotions, and who's to blame?

---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 02:53 AM ----------

I understand most don't like where this is going but one has to ask the question are we just mindless machines and are helpless to our actions because it is programmed in us, It's like this we have evil and our full range of emotions because we where programmed with it inside of us to learn and find, a good way to look at this is we humans can not imagine more then 3 dimensions, we humans can not imagine a 4th ,5th and so on dimensional reality and that reason is because we as human just don't have that programmed into us.
    Last edited by warjin; 2012-11-11 at 02:58 AM.