Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    You know there is a big flaw in the game design when adding more people to the game causes people to be annoyed.

Maybe I'm old-skool, I seriously can't imagine a few years ago anyone would complain as heavily as people do nowadays about getting ganked. It was considered part of the game... if you played Super Mario goombas could kill you if you didn't watch out, or a slight misstep could mean Game Over. In other old mmos ganking used to give you rewards and allowed you even to get part of their money and gear. People used to make big groups just to warrant eachother's safety, lots of community and social dynamics happened.

But things change I guess... Things that were considered common in video games a few years ago aren't considered sensible anymore. People seem to want to have mostly a solo-player experience even in an mmo game.

Sometimes it really makes me wonder where exactly the "mmo" part is in World of Warcraft. Compared to other older mmo games there is just so many ways you can play this game fine ignoring interacting with anyone, with LFR even raiding isn't really a real multiplayer experience anymore... just 25 people thrown together ignoring eachother playing the game like it's single player. There is no real obligation in the game of having to deal with other people, having to gain their favour, having to depend on their trade, services or protection. A lot of trees but no real forest, a lot of people but no real mmo.

Maybe Blizzard should start thinking about redesigning the whole world pvp system a bit... so people are "happy" to see more people out in the world instead of annoyed. Guild Wars 2 is probably a good example of how it could be approached... but I remember in other games like Lineage 2 too you sometimes also were happy you weren't the only one in an area so these tough mobs would go down easier and with less risk.
    Well, you see, you're right. The reason? People nowadays say "social" when what they mean is "a lot of people are near me, but don't actually affect me in any way."

GW2? Single player game, all the way. "But there's all these people!" you might say. On the other hand, none of them actually affect you. You kill whatever mob you want, mine whatever ore you want, pick whatever plant you want, completely irrelevant as to whether anyone else is there. Do a quest: lots of people there, but you still do the quest on your own, in your own way, at your own pace, regardless.

Lots of people want WoW to be that way. Blizz (and a lot of the older players, by which I mean "have been playing longer", not "more birthdays") wants WoW to be a game in which you actually interact with others. You might have to fight over a mining node. You might be diplomatic and discuss it with them. You might stay out of each other's way. You might join up with a guild to ease the burden of all that interaction, so that you have new interactions with people you trust.

We want a game in which you do not say "stop letting other people affect me!" but in which you say "how can I interact with other people to get what I want." Notice that I didn't necessarily say "how can I interact cooperatively with other people to get what I want." but maybe "how can I make a deal with another person to get what I want." or "how can I get around this person to get what I want." or even "how can I get what I want while keeping this person that had bothered me from getting what they want."

We want a game with other players in it, not a game with a bunch of quest NPC's that help us do quests (except they happen to be controlled by other people, technically).

Maybe a lot of people want that game, the game that's basically Skyrim where other people are their companions instead of a rudimentary AI. Blizzard doesn't seem to want that game, I don't want that game, and I'd bet quite a few other people don't, either.

My big problems with CRZ is the bugs it brings. I'm not that worried over the fishing tournament, which was working 100% fine until CRZ. But I know a lot of people did like it, and want it back. What angers me the most about CRZ though, is that it makes passenger mounts absolutely useless outside of Pandaria. The other day my guild leader wanted a scarlet monastary run on his monk for a staff drop. I said alright, he got on my rocket in stormwind, and we took off. Passed out of stormwind and into elwynn just fine. Hit burning steppes, he gets booted off. I wait for him to appear and he gets back on and we proceed. We hit searing gorge, boom he's off again. Same proceedure. We start flying into dun morogh, he drops off into the ocean and took a bit to find him. We pass into wetlands with no issues. Hit arathi, bam, knocked off. At that point we were just outright annoyed with CRZ. And what does blizzard say about it?

http://www.wowjuju.com/_/bluenews/de...ember-5th-r262

Q: CRZ - Some players report their client's framerate hitching when crossing into a CRZ zone – frequently leading to the next issue: Players say they're still getting dismounted when crossing borders. Other border anomalies include seeing resource nodes/NPCs/players disappear. Players comment that the world feels much more fragmented. How are you working to smooth these types of issues out?
    A: There are still some tech related quirks that are being hashed out, and as data is collected, we’ll be continuing to work on making CRZ smoother for players. As for dismounting, single-player mounts should not being doing this so please forward details if it’s happening. With two-player mounts, however, there are limitations with the technology involved in CRZ and it is intended that the passenger is ejected upon crossing zones. We don’t like that it happens, but it might be a difficult issue to solve for only about 3 passenger-enabled mounts.
    That is just infuriating. Then there's the matter of obnoxious people. I am on Wyrmrest Accord. It is a high population server, doesn't need CRZ. During one RP session which took place at the gurubashi arena, we were doing an intro into our guild for some new characters. The other people from our realm who were in the arena, left us alone after seeing we were just RPing. But one player from another server decided she'd try to gank our lowest member. Our guild leader 1 shot her. She revived and tried attacking my character. Again, splat. We wrapped up the RP, myself and the guild leader got on our flying mounts and took off, the lowbie wanted to do the quest there at the arena. The person from the other realm decided to hop onto an 85 character and gank her, then started sending me the nastiest whispers.

Our home server is respectful to each other. But other servers, are not showing similar respect. Another case in point was during pirate day. Nothing like people from other realms stacking on the one npc that gives the achievement for the holiday event, with their giant mammoths and protodrakes, after they drank an elixir of giant growth. Not pvp flagged either. Worse of all. No one can report them. Right clicking them and clicking report player brings up the error "that character does not exist". So I can see why people would be quitting the game. A system that should not of been released to live, put on live when it definitely needs a lot more work. Blizzard doing nothing about actual griefing. And instead of turning it off for now to fix the game breaking bugs, they make excuses and tell people to deal with it. So yeah, I can understand why people are quitting, and are saying they are going to quit. Hell if my guild and friends weren't there, I probably would of quit. As it stands, my guildies, friends have ongoing RP that holds me to the game. They are my anchor to this game.

Deleted
    and so am i :P nothing to do there, only raids and arena,,, what else is new, and theres like nothing to explore either, stupid flying mounts. ruined the game.

The stickied thread on the official forums has a list of CRZ issues that have nothing to do with pvp.

If CRZs were enabled in Pandaria, Org and SW, more players would begin to have issues with it. CRZ is a wonderful idea, but it's not working as well as it could. Instead of admitting issues exist, Blizzard's response calls many of these issues "quirks" and states other issues are intended or not fixable, so some players are unhappy.

You guys should read the list of issues people are having before making your "pvp realm, deal with it" posts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alewen View Post
    My big problems with CRZ is the bugs it brings. I'm not that worried over the fishing tournament, which was working 100% fine until CRZ. But I know a lot of people did like it, and want it back. What angers me the most about CRZ though, is that it makes passenger mounts absolutely useless outside of Pandaria. The other day my guild leader wanted a scarlet monastary run on his monk for a staff drop. I said alright, he got on my rocket in stormwind, and we took off. Passed out of stormwind and into elwynn just fine. Hit burning steppes, he gets booted off. I wait for him to appear and he gets back on and we proceed. We hit searing gorge, boom he's off again. Same proceedure. We start flying into dun morogh, he drops off into the ocean and took a bit to find him. We pass into wetlands with no issues. Hit arathi, bam, knocked off. At that point we were just outright annoyed with CRZ. And what does blizzard say about it?

http://www.wowjuju.com/_/bluenews/de...ember-5th-r262

That is just infuriating.
    It's so awful that I actually quit WoW over it. Not paying $45/mon if I can't play the game as intended. Intended for me was leveling my alts without game lockups so bad it took the task manager to force closing WoW get out of it. Can't play a game like that at all.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that left due to the mess, and won't be the last.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...92325?page=530

People are posting in this thread claiming they are "quitting WoW" and "masses will leave" if CRZ stays.

Is anyone laughing their ass off at that as much as I am?.

Yeah man. I am laughing. At your mother's stupidity for carrying you to term, thusly enabling you to make such pointless threads. xD
    Last edited by LichslayerX; 2012-11-11 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    God no... not pvp on a pvp server!!! NOOOOO!!!!

Ganking lowbies is stupid, annoying and perfectly legal on pvp servers.
    Ganking is fine indeed, but standing on the other side an killing low levels is really just bad, those people doing it must really be bad at real PvP so they stand there making life miserable for someone else, maybe they should find players on their own level to fight against, then again they would just lose so ofcourse that won't happen.

I have yet to see any one "bring their max level character" to do world PvP, most gets ganked, logs of and plays another character then logs back on later to play, i've never seen any one care about World PvP, except on Isle of Quel'danas and a little in Nagrand.

Deleted
    I don't, anyone is completely free to quit if they think a feature is ruining their game experience.

And thei reason is as much valid as the "I remain cause I like CRZ"

Deleted
    Funny thing is, I only see people defending CRZ on these boards. When I talk to friends, guildies or even people in general chat in the zones, everyone hates it. So far the only argument pro CRZ is that it allows griefers to gank more lowbies and that's so much more fun. For everyone else it just means more people to compete with for quest mobs, resource node and rare mobs. So what exactly does needing more time for simple tasks add to my gaming experience?

I don't care if anyone laughs or not, the moment they activate it for pandaria zones I will cancel my account. I didn't play the year before MoP and I didn't miss WoW too much. There are other games out there and I don't think Blizzard will go bankrupt without my monthly fee. So no reason for me to play with that shit feature and no reason for Blizzard to change it.

It is a shit feature that has created or amplified several problems and as far as I have seen hasn't helped anything. Many issues would be fixed if they would only merge realms in the same time zone. They insist it isn't an issue and if they did limit it to the same time zones there wouldnt be a large enough player base.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Roest View Post
    I don't care if anyone laughs or not, the moment they activate it for pandaria zones I will cancel my account. I didn't play the year before MoP and I didn't miss WoW too much. There are other games out there and I don't think Blizzard will go bankrupt without my monthly fee. So no reason for me to play with that shit feature and no reason for Blizzard to change it.
    So you're OK with being ganked and having people take your quest mobs, resource nodes, and rare mobs without CRZ?

Seems to me most of your arguments against CRZ exist now in crowded Pandaria zones. Why would you wait until CRZ gets implemented in Pandaria to quit?

In games where you have to level populated zones are a problem PvE wise. More mob competition = takes longer to level. Not a good thing. Also WoW has dailies so thats more competition after you finish leveling. WoW does have quests that allow ppl to hit the same mob and everyone gets credit so they did that right.

Now for ppl complaining about getting ganked on a pvp server. I have no sympathy for you. Why are you leveling on a pvp server? i dont care how many friends you have over there or how many ppl you know. The whole point of a pvp server is to have free reign to kill any person of the opposite faction with no repercussions. If you dont want to get ganked dont roll on a pvp sever. Its plain and simple. Stop whinning, man up, or Roll on a PvE get to 90 then xfer to a PvP. Or if you know someone whos leveling on a PVE server Add them to your realID, join their party and youll be in a PvE CRZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    It is a shit feature that has created or amplified several problems and as far as I have seen hasn't helped anything. Many issues would be fixed if they would only merge realms in the same time zone. They insist it isn't an issue and if they did limit it to the same time zones there wouldnt be a large enough player base.
    Open world play across servers without loading screens is simply a WoW hater killer.

After having had the cross server play in BG's (2006) and the start of cross server play in dungeons with dungeon finder (2009) we had the same hate campaigns of the trolls.

Now in 2012: Blizzard added the open world cross server play without loading screens and it makes WOW unbeatable for the next 15 years.

Even the much used "WOW is dying" favorite hater thread can NO longer be used by them after fine tuning this open world cross server play.

Because with this open world cross server play ... in 2025 when WOW could be reduced to 200K players, it would have ... 20 times MORE players than the biggest WOW server of 2012...

I LAUGH so hard when these Blizzard haters always stand with their own feet in the XXXX.

Blizzard out smarted you guys. They always did (examples: everyone looks the same with the latest Raid gear : Transmog, ...waiting times of 2 hours to enter a BG : cross server BG's, ... no one is doing the leveling dungeons anymore : cross server dungeon finder , ... the leveling zones are dead : cross server open world play, phasing killed WOW: farmville and grow your farms///

Etc ... Etc...

Don't be fooled by the Blizzard haters: cross server open world play without loading screens just made the other fantasy MMO's obsolete with one blow on their stucked single server play with loading screens and dying popuations...

And just like the dungeon finders (2009), the cross server BG's (2006) and the phasing (2008) this latest feature will be perfected over the next few years.

You are looking at writing history here with Blizzard technology. Watch it grow further ... in their next games...

The (technology) gap just became MUCH bigger (again).
    Last edited by BenBos; 2012-11-11 at 10:59 AM.

Zones empty: QQ Blizz fails wtf
    Zones full: QQ Blizz fails wtf

The summary.
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

"It will be perfected!"

It sorely needs it.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Open world play across servers without loading screens is simply a WoW hater killer.

After having had the cross server play in BG's (2006) and the start of cross server play in dungeons with dungeon finder (2009) we had the same hate campaigns of the trolls.

Now in 2012: Blizzard added the open world cross server play without loading screens and it makes WOW unbeatable for the next 15 years.

Even the much used "WOW is dying" favorite hater thread can NO longer be used by them after fine tuning this open world cross server play.

Because with this open world cross server play ... in 2025 when WOW could be reduced to 200K players, it would have ... 20 times MORE players than the biggest WOW server of 2012...

I LAUGH so hard when these Blizzard haters always stand with their own feet in the XXXX.

Blizzard out smarted you guys. They always did (examples: everyone looks the same with the latest Raid gear : Transmog, ...waiting times of 2 hours to enter a BG : cross server BG's, ... no one is doing the leveling dungeons anymore : cross server dungeon finder , ... the leveling zones are dead : cross server open world play, phasing killed WOW: farmville and grow your farms///

Etc ... Etc...

Don't be fooled by the Blizzard haters: cross server open world play without loading screens just made the other fantasy MMO's obsolete with one blow on their stucked single server play with loading screens and dying popuations...

And just like the dungeon finders (2009), the cross server BG's (2006) and the phasing (2008) this latest feature will be perfected over the next few years.

You are looking at writing history here with Blizzard technology. Watch it grow further ... in their next games...

The (technology) gap just became MUCH bigger (again).
    Your post made my dog commit seppuku

i think Panda zones are now crossrealm btw.. as an update i believe i saw someone from illdian on in the US blackrock realm.. i was unpartied at the time btw

as far as CRZ go. it seems to be getting slightly better. people were bored before when they were ganking like scrubs since there was nothing to do. now theres raids, farming and stuff open.. theres way less people being retarded or pathetic because everyones busy doing something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispirit View Post
    have no idea what they're upset about. Cross realm zones are amazing imo.
    it's prolly the pve realm noobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Now for ppl complaining about getting ganked on a pvp server. I have no sympathy for you. Why are you leveling on a pvp server?
    Question is more like: Why are level 90s killing level 50s?

No challenge. No competition. Just folks who's hobby is plucking wings off of flies "for fun". Waste of data space.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Question is more like: Why are level 90s killing level 50s?

No challenge. No competition. Just folks who's hobby is plucking wings off of flies "for fun". Waste of data space.
    Overpowering someone 100-0 can be fun. That's why.