View Poll Results: Do you support Marijuana legalization? (if so how much)

Voters
1380. This poll is closed
  • Legalized for everyone and children with parental consent

62 4.49%
  • Everyone 18+

612 44.35%
  • Everyone 21+

466 33.77%
  • Medical use Only

109 7.90%
  • Against marijuana PERIOD.

113 8.19%
  • Don't know.

18 1.30%
Page 1 of 44
... LastLast

Smile Do You Support Legalization of Marijuana? If so, what regulations are suggested?

Just short thread. Poll.
    Do you support legalization of marijuana? and if so by how much?
    Recreational use or only medical only. Should it be a 21+ type of substance? or an 18+? or leave it up to the parents.

What do you think?

I am for the support of legalization. Recreational use 21+. If there is a person who actually needs it for medical use then i suggest it being allowed 18. Or maybe just 18 for everyone since that's the age for cigarettes. I much rather anyone smoke weed than cigarettes.
    I'll go ahead and point out that i do not smoke weed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolvanish View Post
    I am for the support of legalization. Recreational use 21+. If there is a person who actually needs it for medical use then i suggest it being allowed 18. Or maybe just 18 for everyone since that's the age for cigarettes. I much rather anyone smoke weed than cigarettes.
    I'll go ahead and point out that i do not smoke weed.

poll is up.

It's no worse than alcohol, so I can't see from that standpoint why it shouldn't be legalized.

However... I pay 50% tax. It contributes towards my healthcare and the healthcare of everyone else here. It's pretty lame paying that much tax knowing I get exactly the same benefits of taxation as someone that pays 20% tax or even no tax at all. So I hope it isn't legalized, because no doubt my tax money will end up going to more avoidable crap that people end up in hospital for.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in support of US stop putting so much restriction on things. The more it restricts and not educates, the more it becomes like a black market. I prefer the EU mentality. If you do it, you better be able to work in the morning or else. Same with drinking. You do it, but you dont drive. period. Less of a big deal about the law and more of a big deal on the individual taking responsibility.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

18+ for all just like cigarettes.

Quote Originally Posted by Alasuya View Post
    poll is up.
    I'm still undecided about what i think the regulation should be though
    I'll go with 18+ for now.

I fully support the legalization of marijuana on the federal level for full recreational AND medical use. The age should be 18+, I believe marijuana to be pretty harmless, it has a multitude of other uses besides getting high and the real crime is that it still remains illegal.

Should, and will eventually, be legalized for recreational use. In my opinion there are 2 decent arguments: Marijuana is less harmful than other legal substances and Marijuana has no harmful impacts on anyone except the user, being the case only if the user is smoking it. Regardless, with the legalization laws successfully passing in Colorado and Wisconsin, it's only a matter of time before it's nationally legalized. Yes, federal law still prohibits it in those states but I doubt we'll see any interruption to these new laws. It would cost way too much in court battles, especially once more states follow Colorado and Wisconsin.
    -Many thanks to Cocoacross for this amazing signature!-

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killington View Post
    I fully support the legalization of marijuana on the federal level for full recreational AND medical use. The age should be 18+, I believe marijuana to be pretty harmless, it has a multitude of other uses besides getting high and the real crime is that it still remains illegal.
    Could not have said it any better myself.

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 09:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by j46ebucemag View Post
    Should, and will eventually, be legalized for recreational use. In my opinion there are 2 decent arguments: Marijuana is less harmful than other legal substances and Marijuana has no harmful impacts on anyone except the user, being the case only if the user is smoking it. Regardless, with the legalization laws successfully passing in Colorado and Wisconsin, it's only a matter of time before it's nationally legalized. Yes, federal law still prohibits it in those states but I doubt we'll see any interruption to these new laws. It would cost way too much in court battles, especially once more states follow Colorado and Wisconsin.
    It passed in Washington Don't believe Wisconsin had anything to do with much of anything when it comes to weed. Also what harmful impacts on the user? Oh were high and hungry O.o Far less harmfull then drunk driving or someone smoking say crack, doing heroin, cocaine and meth.

Deleted
    I support weed, I was actually against it when I was younger, but experience has taught me well. Great alternative to drinking, but as all things in life should be done in moderation and intelligently.

Hell, if my kid grows up in a place where weed is legal, good for him. However I would educate him on the subject matter like I would with alcohol and would ensure he is neither an alcoholic or a pothead. So alcohol at age 18 and weed at 21. We all know they are gonna do these things much earlier, but that will ensure that they don't get carried off with these things.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as they're smoking in their property or designated areas like smokers I don't and won't care about them.

EDIT: it also should be subjected to the same rules of smoking/alcohol.

Penn, from Penn and Teller, had a great quote, but I can't remember it exactly, so I'll paraphrase. "If you think there ought to be a law, then there probably ought not be a law". Marijuana does no major long term harm, does not Directly cause death, the amount to physically kill you is ludicrous, in that you'll have a myriad of other problems before anything specifically marijuana related kicks in, and similar to the Prohibition - causes FAR more issues than it EVER prevented, also similar to the prohibition, brings crime to areas that would otherwise not have crime, is one of the most used recreational drugs - ignoring Caffeine and Alcohol - and has put America billions of dollars in debt on its own.

Even ignoring, for a second, the ethical reasons Marijuana should be legal - Talking purely Financial - An estimate was done that over at University of Arizona, estimates ~$8,000,000,000, in 2005.

Legalization might save about $8 billion a year in enforcement and
    imprisonment costs (according to Miron 2005)
    Each year 500,000 to 750,000 Americans are arrested for
    possession of small amounts of marijuana. This requires lots
    of police and administrators
    About 40,000 are in prison or jail for marijuana-related
    crimes (500,000 for all drug crimes), though it's not clear
    how many of these are for possession. Each inmate costs
    about $25,000 per year.
    -full paper at http://www.u.arizona.edu/~lkenwor/so...emarijuana.pdf
    Should we Legalize it? in my opinion it should have never had been illegal.

P.S.: I have only smoked one time, and hated it. It made me nauseous as hell, but it stopped my severe stomach pain - which is why my friend suggested it. Never once have I thought about trying it again.

18+, same regulations as alcohol. I would also reduce the drinking age in the US to 18. And I support the legalization of other non-prescription drugs. Prescription drugs (not painkillers like codeine or vicodin) should still be controlled the way they are since, unless you are a doctor, you really have no idea what they are going to do to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whenever anyone asks me (which is not often, since I'm still young enough for most middle-aged to think of me as 'young and blue-eyed'), this is what I suggest for Norway:

A four-year trial period, in which marijuana is sold with the EXACT same restrictions as alcohol, and can only be bought here. If it turns out to not be a bad thing for society (as I suspect), make the arrangement permanent. Government controls all importation.

Basically, what they voted over in Washington, unless I missed something.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Medical use only. It's illegal for a reason. Those who can't see or understand why it's illegal are probably still in their teenage years wanting to experiment with what's out there.

I'm 23 and I see no point in smoking it.

Id legalize it and put it under the same restrictions as alcohol. For real medical reasons it would be legal at 18.

Getting that shit taxed would help the economy a bit 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Treat it the same as alcohol. Unless it is a medical situation then 18 years old. It was made illegal as a result of timber companies greed at best and the ignorance of a poor and broken nation at worst. If people informed themselves they would realize it is not that bad for you, of course inhaling anything like this is not the best for you. But it is leaps and bounds beyond any other true narcotic, painkiller or recreational drug in terms of being bad for you. I can go buy enough liquor to kill myself right now, I would sooner die from smoke inhalation than an overdose from marijuana. Additionally and this comes from personal experience. Marijuana helps curb people from using things like Vicodin and Oxycodone. I broke my back and while the Oxy's did their job I hated the way I felt while taking them. When I decided to lay down my prejudices of Pot, I found it to be superior for me. I felt great, was more active and wasn't a total asshole. The pain meds made me get really pissed off for nothing. Plus nothing beats getting really stoned and listening to Tool for me. And the food concoctions are a plus too, at least while high.

Watch this video of the DEA Admin being grilled and skirting almost every question with "I believe all illegal drugs are bad" or "Congress says it's bad so we go after it"

Last edited by Harry Botter; 2012-11-11 at 05:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Quote Originally Posted by Rio View Post
    Medical use only. It's illegal for a reason. Those who can't see or understand why it's illegal are probably still in their teenage years wanting to experiment with what's out there.

I'm 23 and I see no point in smoking it.
    And yet you cannot name one reason why it should remain illegal.
    Its proven to be way safer than alcohol and tobacco yet those two drugs are legal.
    To this date no one has died from direct use of weed. Unlike tobacco and alcohol and even pharma drugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the sake of liberty it should be legal with whatever regulations individual states wish to place on it (as is stipulated constitutionally). That being said, anyone who uses it is a fool, should be fired by whoever employs them, and should be shunned by society in general. A great many things should be legal, yet societally shunned by any decent portion of society.
    Last edited by DEATHETERNAL; 2012-11-11 at 05:23 AM.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8