Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    That's understandable, but in your example, most of the time someone who knows better does something stupid, they'll admit it after they fuck up.
    "Most of the time" doesn't really fully reflect my observations. Often the situation just seems to be, X does a mistake, knows why it happened and instead of asking why it happened focuses on what his team could have done better - and his teammates think he is shit instead of thinking of what they could have done better.

It's a lot easier to criticize than to accept criticism, it's comforting to have someone else to blame and if there's any evidence in your favor it'll take no effort at all to accept your superiority.

I don't really know about Brazilians, can't recall seeing that many or any that bothered me. Russians I do see but few have bothered me lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    It usually really is obvious when it isn't your fault. Furion pickers, no rune control mids, jungle CMs, last pick solo long lane SAs, these are a few of my favorite things.
    I see no problems with anything you've stated. You are playing a game with random people who you most of the time have never met before. You go into the mentality of a game with for example "hmm, I played support last game, I feel like a forest hero, or perhaps a semi-carry to get some farm this time since I supported so great last game!". 5 seconds after hero picks, you're team has either randomed or all picked carries. What gives you the right to complain on this last person on what he picks? Are you the only one who's allowed to have fun in a game? You have no right what so ever to complain on anyone ever if you random a hero in my oppinion. The moment you random you show you don't give a crap about this teams setup, and obviously want to enjoy yourself, no regards to the rest of the team. There is nothing wrong with Nature Prophet pickers. As long as they play a good furion, he'll be just like another hero. Sure, he may take you creepwave farm, but lets see anyone else gank as well as he does.

My point is, sure, we all feel like our team is retarded sometime, but honestly, if you wanted a more serious game, I'd recommend joining an inhouse league or a team to play with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    I see no problems with anything you've stated. You are playing a game with random people who you most of the time have never met before. You go into the mentality of a game with for example "hmm, I played support last game, I feel like a forest hero, or perhaps a semi-carry to get some farm this time since I supported so great last game!". 5 seconds after hero picks, you're team has either randomed or all picked carries. What gives you the right to complain on this last person on what he picks? Are you the only one who's allowed to have fun in a game? You have no right what so ever to complain on anyone ever if you random a hero in my oppinion. The moment you random you show you don't give a crap about this teams setup, and obviously want to enjoy yourself, no regards to the rest of the team. There is nothing wrong with Nature Prophet pickers. As long as they play a good furion, he'll be just like another hero. Sure, he may take you creepwave farm, but lets see anyone else gank as well as he does.

My point is, sure, we all feel like our team is retarded sometime, but honestly, if you wanted a more serious game, I'd recommend joining an inhouse league or a team to play with.
    It's a team game, and the team should always - always - come first. What gives you the right to ruin a game - ruin four other peoples' fun - by last picking a carry when your team really needs a support or a stun? What makes your personal fun so much more important than the fun of four other players?

That's a bullshit selfish way to be and frankly people like that shouldn't even be allowed into games until they get their heads straight. You don't have to fucking be a serious tryhard rarrrr kind of player, but you need to go into it understanding that it's a team game, and in team games your personal wants take a backseat to what the team needs.

If you want to be a selfish prick, go play a game with bots.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

It's a team game, and the team should always - always - come first. What gives you the right to ruin a game - ruin four other peoples' fun - by last picking a carry when your team really needs a support or a stun? What makes your personal fun so much more important than the fun of four other players?

That's a bullshit selfish way to be and frankly people like that shouldn't even be allowed into games until they get their heads straight. You don't have to fucking be a serious tryhard rarrrr kind of player, but you need to go into it understanding that it's a team game, and in team games your personal wants take a backseat to what the team needs.

How is a first pick carry with no regards to your or the enemy team heroes NOT a seflish act? A game can be won without supporst, so stop spouting crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    How is a first pick carry with no regards to your or the enemy team heroes NOT a seflish act? A game can be won without supporst, so stop spouting crap.
    Maybe if you dramatically overmatch the enemy team you can win without supports but no game with anything coming close to an even match will let you win without a balanced team.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    It usually really is obvious when it isn't your fault. Furion pickers, no rune control mids, jungle CMs, last pick solo long lane SAs, these are a few of my favorite things.

Anyway, I don't really understand the point of your anecdote. A QoP that ganks side lanes and gets kills doing so did her job for the team. Rune control and ganking is literally all mid exists for in most games. If her team was unable to keep up in farm given the fact that QoP was getting the runes and not enemy pudge AND she was also killing their lane mates for them it really is their fault and not hers. Stealing farm and unnecessarily pushing lanes is a problem, but screaming a creep wave here and there while reaping enemy heroes all game is not a problem. The pressure mid exerts from controlling runes and ganking sides alone frees up the jungle for anyone to casually relax in, not to mention creating free tower pushes for the team as they have to start abandoning side lanes to defend against rune ganks.

Towers reset creep waves by default, pushing lanes is only bad if you either don't actually get the gold from it (furion ult) or you can't afford to trade the enemy team equal gold (they have a better late game in which case you should be pushing and setting up team fights regardless).
    I said make of it what you will, but the general point would be that the player in the story was given pretty much a freeride of a game, and while he might not have necessarily played bad, his position wasn't really that demanding skill-wise - in the end, he could not look at the game as a whole and would not think of how his play might have had negative effects on the game or what he could have done better but just fret about how shit his team is.

Everything else is pretty much off the point, but: Pushing lanes to towers doesn't really magically reset creep clash point. A decent freefarm carry can keep the creep wave within 500 distance of their tower range for the first 10 minutes and get every lasthit, and the presence of a support player will ensure their safety and usually keep the enemy offlane off xp range. You push the lane to enemy tower, sure, the lane will push back after the creeps died, but whether the clash point is almost in your tower range or right in the middle of 2 towers makes a pretty huge difference to the offlaner, not to mention the experience they got from the creeps that got to the tower. Well, you obviously know all of this, but just saying "pushing lanes doesn't matter" isn't something I'd agree with.

The other thing I can't help picking on is the mid rune thing. Runes are nice and all, but they're not exactly all there is to mid. A friend I play with often plays really great Invoker, but most of the time he doesn't really give two hoots about rune spawns. Or he does, but he doesn't bother contesting them. I know this is pretty standard for Invoker, and it works well (partially because I often play ganking support with and take the runes instead), but rune control is always a trade-off and losing your mid dominance over them isn't always worth it. Or to put it better, it's risky if you're not sure if you can make the most out of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I'd have to say in regards to runes is that for certain heroes, them getting a haste rune with the first or second spawn can be completely gamebreaking, so it's important to ensure you don't let that happen. Pudge I think is the most obvious example, but there are definitely others.

Otherwise I think controlling runes would really only be critical if the enemy mid is reliant on runes/bottle to be useful, in which case it's probably worth it for your team to try and deny those runes as much as possible.

Deleted

Stick to 5 man stacks or clan wars. If you only consider winning as fun you're a moron of a gamer in general.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daraiki View Post
    Stick to 5 man stacks or clan wars. If you only consider winning as fun you're a moron of a gamer in general.
    I donno about you but getting owned because 2 allies waited until the bell to pick BH and Riki against a Slard isn't very fun. I'll enjoy any game that isn't a stomp and shitty picking will most likely turn it into a stomp if the enemy has their heads screwed on tightly enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    I donno about you but getting owned because 2 allies waited until the bell to pick BH and Riki against a Slard isn't very fun. I'll enjoy any game that isn't a stomp and shitty picking will most likely turn it into a stomp if the enemy has their heads screwed on tightly enough.
    Do you even talk with your teammates when you plan? Do you make a strategy or just ping like a headless chicken on the minimap expecting miracles? Make a strategy. Pick 2 carries try to prolong the game. Avoid certain encounters. Don' pick BH or Riki against a Slardar...why the fuck not if they can outplay them why not.....

Deleted
    Do you even talk with your teammates when you plan? Do you make a strategy or just ping like a headless chicken on the minimap expecting miracles? Make a strategy. Pick 2 carries try to prolong the game. Avoid certain encounters. Don' pick BH or Riki against a Slardar...why the fuck not if they can outplay them why not.....
    No, I don't ever ping unless I'm going for a gank. I don't expect next-level team setups worthy of TI3 but having something other than a 4-5 carry team would be nice. I will legit repick if you feel like doing it but I can't if the timer is already at :00 and I'm in the game, by that time I'm expecting pubs to be responsible for whatever the hell they do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look, dude. Maybe things are different at the dead end of the MMR spectrum, but once you start playing against people who have a pulse, things change. I don't care if I win or lose as long as it was a good game, and asshats that don't give two shits what the team needs tend to ruin games. Those people don't care if you explain why the team needs them to pick a support, they're still gonna pick a carry because they're complete mongoloid inbred douchebags, the likes of which you'd insult dogs by calling them dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I'm not gonna keep this non-brainer discussion. I suggest you to learn more.
    Fantastic rebuttal, alright dude.

main problem of dota2 (as any other team-oriented mmo) is not the language barrier, but those braindead ones who do not care in the slightest what is going on, what's the setup, or what team needs.
    simple as that.

Which, is no surprise.
    Its internet, after all.
    We all are Rambos on internet, each one of us has an ego the size of a tank.
    that's the main problem.

That is why dota2 and any other team oriented game should be played with team, not randoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    and what is that reason? First you throw the bullshit of GUI effecting FoV then you claim both can not be changed for same reason. They are utterly different things... I don't see they have a common reason about both being same in each client. Different FoVs may effect fair competition, however, different GUI(as long as they are restricted to output same information by API) won't effect anything.

You clearly have no idea about what you are talking about.
    That's fair enough, but I don't think we need them to be focusing on allowing people to customise the UI.

I'd rather just one UI, fixed, and for them to focus on balancing and getting out all the hero's.

---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 04:31 PM ----------

That's not true at all.

If someone is picking an all carry team, and im running invoker/templar/pudge, you can prepare for me to be 20-0 by 20 minutes. I can imagine you not having fun during this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jangri- View Post
    That is why dota2 and any other team oriented game should be played with team, not randoms.
    QFT

Many people from here obviously want locked down versions of picking hero, there were couple of WC3 maps that had similar feature.
    Example someone on the team picks a carry, all other carries for the team are locked out. Judging by the previous posts a game mode
    like these would have some people from this thread jizzing like crazy.

QFT

Many people from here obviously want locked down versions of picking hero, there were couple of WC3 maps that had similar feature.
    Example someone on the team picks a carry, all other carries for the team are locked out. Judging by the previous posts a game mode
    like these would have some people from this thread jizzing like crazy.
    You're COMPLETELY missing the point. The problem with last picks is that people wait until 10 seconds to spawn and look at their team that already had a mid, hard carry a and support safe lane, and think NOW is a good time to pick that antimage I just find so entertaining. There is a point where you have to realize your team is already doing X and if you try to do X as well you are going to lose the game. Picking your favorite hero isn't about fun, because you are guaranteed to NOT have fun if you do. Not to mention ruining the game for the other 9 players (it's not fun for the enemy to stomp idiots who solo long lane with SA, either).

The game isn't set up so you can just pick whatever the hell you want and have a good time. Not at a high MMR, anyway. The people like me who cba to pick a real hero and click the random button always do so FIRST so we have time to repick or the team can plan around us. If you really want your SA pick, perhaps you should try picking him sooner before everyone else is at the river waiting on the game to start.

Furion pickers are more annoying, because 99% of them will sit in the jungle, rush midas, never gank, never ward, never support in any way, just AFK for 30 minutes and avoid team fights using their ultimate to spam push all of the creep waves to the enemy base. After your team is losing from the 4v5 + massive pushing past the river from nature's wrath the public Furion will start bitching about his horrible team because HE has desolator manta lothars int treads buriza and is confused as to why he dies three seconds into a fight with 950 health, he farmed so hard after all.

@Manni
    Well the point wasn't really about the act of pushing a creep wave, is it? You make it sound like every lane is horribly winning (WR getting no exp, QoP getting successful ganks on other lane) and somehow QoPs team is behind the enemy team mid game. I just can't see how that will ever be her fault. Pushing the wave to the tower, even if it's the wrong move, takes 60 seconds to fix, and even if you don't fix it, like I said, as long as you're still getting your CS the game is at least even.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-11-11 at 04:40 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    If someone is picking an all carry team, and im running invoker/templar/pudge, you can prepare for me to be 20-0 by 20 minutes. I can imagine you not having fun during this time.
    Yes Yes i will surely pick an all carry team without a plan....