Deleted

Opener with Synapse Springs (Engineering)

Hi,

I was woundering what the best way to an opener with synapse springs.
    Right now im playing with 2 scenarios:

1. get inquisition up -> Execution sentence + synapse springs -> wait 10 seconds (because of the on use trinket cooldown created by synapse springs) -> pop everything else (GoAK, Avenging Wrath, Trinket). (Im specced into Sactified Wrath).

or

2. Get inquisition up -> pop GoAK, Avenging Wrath, Trinket -> pop execution sentence + synapse springs after GoAK and Avenging Wrath is over.

Any thoughts or opinions is very appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I know, GoAK lasts 30seconds, and should be used 10seconds BEFORE AvW and trinkets, to give you time to ramp up as much str from it as possible. So it should be:
    Inq -> Goak, synapse -> wait 10 seconds -> AvW, trinket, Exe Sent.

Then again I haven't played ret since Cata, so I dunno.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    As far as I know, GoAK lasts 30seconds, and should be used 10seconds BEFORE AvW and trinkets, to give you time to ramp up as much str from it as possible. So it should be:
    Inq -> Goak, synapse -> wait 10 seconds -> AvW, trinket, Exe Sent.

Then again I haven't played ret since Cata, so I dunno.
    With Sanctified Wrath, Avenging wrath lasts 30 sec too

if i remember correctly goak will inherit any increased strength from the time when it is first triggered.

so prepot>springs>goak i then wait a few seconds to allow goak to stack, then put up inquisition/wings and then hit ES.

i'm usually specced into divine purpose and don't typically favor using on use trinkets.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Can Chance on Hit trinkets trigger while synapse is on? ( Darkmoon for example )

Quote Originally Posted by Blacklion View Post
    Can Chance on Hit trinkets trigger while synapse is on? ( Darkmoon for example )
    Yes. For example if you have Lei shins and relic you would wait until those proc'd which is usually within 10 seconds and if you really want to you can wait a few more seconds for dancing steel to proc before using synapase+ ES. The most important thing is making sure the final tick of ES is while you still have wings up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
    Yes. For example if you have Lei shins and relic you would wait until those proc'd which is usually within 10 seconds and if you really want to you can wait a few more seconds for dancing steel to proc before using synapase+ ES. The most important thing is making sure the final tick of ES is while you still have wings up.
    Can we get confirmation that ES refreshes itself to current buffs?
    I believe i've read that it only inherits the buffs at the state that it was cast and not buffs after it has been cast.

I myself have both Lessons and Engineering and it's getting on my nerves.

My opener is usually:
    Prepop GoAK(tier11 prot) + pot -> at 30sec remaining of GoAK Wings+trinket -> ES -> SS when trinket runs out.
    Now this should give me about the optimal burst. But now my SS is about 25 seconds out of sync with ES.
    I either have to delay ES or go without for the first and then delay SS.
    Anyone got some insight?
    Last edited by mmocf558b581b4; 2012-11-12 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haargielol View Post
    I believe i've read that it only inherits the buffs at the state that it was cast and not buffs after it has been cast.

My opener is usually:
    Prepop GoAK(tier11 prot) + pot -> at 30sec remaining of GoAK Wings+trinket -> ES -> SS when trinket runs out.
    Now this should give me about the optimal burst. But now my SS is about 25 seconds out of sync with ES.
    Anyone got some insight?
    I'm in the same boat. Only option is to use 4piece without the gloves for T11 prot. I need to replace gloves with shoulders so it doesn't trigger the CD on SS

Deleted
    I never thought of this and just did some testing.

I tried casting ES and with 5 before it's last tick i used my synapse springs = last tick hit for 45k

then i tried to macro it like this:

/use execution sentence
    /use white tiger gauntles (my synapse springs)
    so that the synapse springs would be active at the start, and the result was that the last tick hit for 50k instead of 45k.

I did both scenarios several times to get a proper result.

So it would appear that you want all your strength buff up before the use of ES

EDIT:

Just tried useing Synpase springs + ES with 1 second to go with wings and my guardian. It ticked for 9k all the way down to the last tick which hit for 101k! (non crit) and 250k crits I think this is the way im going on from now on.
    Last edited by mmoccdbf2a3e4b; 2012-11-12 at 05:41 PM.

My opener is usually:
    Anyone got some insight?

ES takes a snapshot of your strength on cast, but mob and player % dmg buffs/debuffs are on hit. Which is why I suggest popping synapse springs + ES after your trinkets and dancing steel proc but don't wait so long that you have less than 10.01 seconds on your AW, else your biggest hit of ES will be 20% less dmg.
    Last edited by Riptide; 2012-11-12 at 07:26 PM.

I coulda told you ES damage is calculated on cast. I already posted about it in the thread.

Your guardian gains scales from buffs too so procs can heavily modify his damage. Especially haste procs.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2012-11-12 at 08:46 PM.

At the moment im going:

prepot > goak > 3hp-inq > 2hp then aw+ha+onuse (Lessons of the Darkmaster) > 10 seconds > springs + es

While ES seems to hit hard i seem to be getting more benefit out of using goak to buff my aw+ha+onuse does anyone else do it differently?