Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    What do you mean infrastructural standards?
    Standards in education, state level social security, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    No, because out of context the number has no relation to anything meaningful. The number gets thrown around because it sounds big and scary.
    That's kinda what I meant, I apologize if it wasn't apparent.
    Wiping is Fun! ™

10+ Year Old Account
    If you believe Rush Limbaugh is a good leader, odds are you think America is going in the toilet.

That is a ton of people, but thankfully not the majority.

Even if Romney won the US would still be alright, just likely regress socially several decades.
    Last edited by Roose; 2012-11-11 at 10:53 PM.
    I like sandwiches

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balazaar View Post
    I get a lot of amusement from the folks who were saying that if Obama won they were leaving the country.

Oh yeah? Where do you plan to go? Somalia? Every other country you'd want to live in is more liberal than the US!
    I'm sorta glad Obama won. At least the streets aren't running with blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vastx View Post
    Because kids can't learn Math without an iPad.
    I forgot how anti-academic Americans are. Perhaps trying to improve standards in education in this country is a lost cause.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rommon64 View Post
    That's kinda what I meant, I apologize if it wasn't apparent.
    Ah, got it.
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    So, how do you explain inner cities? How are they poverty stricken, where your ideal economic model has been in existence for how many decades now?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorta glad Obama won. At least the streets aren't running with blood.
    Classy. You been spending time on /pol/, Stormbro?
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

Lets put it this way and take the China approach.

Any company or country that does any kind of businesses with Texas will be banned from doing any type of business in the US.

However unlike China which had zero power after WW2 the US is relatively stronger, how long do you think that the people of Texas would last without any kind of trade going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I forgot how anti-academic Americans are. Perhaps trying to improve standards in education in this country is a lost cause.
    I meant, many districts spend money on shiny new gadgets, that aren't necessary.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Can I sign a thing that kicks Texas out?
    Guess that would make a lot of people like the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Classy. You been spending time on /pol/, Stormbro?
    No, just have read many tweets before the election.

This is hilarious tbh :P. Making a thread about petition with like 20k unhappy people in it.
    Such stuff wont happen, peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoweye View Post
    Smoking pot is illegal too.... yet 2 states just passed laws.. your point is invalid.
    Hahahahaha, that's the worst comparison IVE EVER HEARD LOL. Stop posting immediately.

10+ Year Old Account
    I meant, many districts spend money on shiny new gadgets, that aren't necessary.
    Because it makes education attractive. It helps accustom students to a world in which proficiency with technology is critical. It vastly cheapens the cost of education when you can download e-books rather than having to fork out the money for printed editions.

Teachers very rarely spend money on frivolous shit, especially in as underfunded a system as the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shall I post a picture of where most slave traders' home ports were? Yeah, vast majority in New England.

---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 06:49 PM ----------

uh lol. you might want to check your sources on that one bud

So the total you have there is about 17k signatures out of 350m americans. That's .004% of the population.

Seems like a serious problem, yes.

Let me ask you this, what do you leave to the states to govern?

If you take away education (Which already has standards set), state-level welfare and so forth, what's left for them to govern?

Why should we force them to do things your way? Why should we force them to do things my way?

Do I attempt to say California and New Jersey needs to change their shitty business climate or face a brain drain? Well, I do get to say that about NJ since I'm a resident, but let's pretend I live in PA.

The idea that a nation governing 320 million people knows what's best for everyone within it is absurd. California can't manage that and they don't even have total sovereignty.

It's much better to allow individual states to be mostly autonomous and live within a strict (but small) set of guidelines.

You then have 50 heads with similar problems attacking those problems in ways that suit their needs.

When one finds the best solution, the rest are free to adopt it or ignore it.

You shouldn't be able to force every solution (and the drawbacks it comes with) on a population that doesn't want it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shall I post a picture of where most slave traders' home ports were? Yeah, vast majority in New England.

---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 06:49 PM ----------

That isn't true. The south had the majority of slave ports. Virginia, the Carolinas, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, and Texas all had ports on the Atlantic Ocean of the Gulf of Mexico. The north had Boston, New York, and Philly.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadow View Post
    ye, but he's the only INFLUENCIAL force and he's brough US downhill even further than Bush did
    you of all people should recognise that, you're a Ron Paul supporter
    Actually, while I lost my job and couldn't find another one for the entirety of Bush's administration, I have had no trouble finding work during the Obama presidency in not just one but two states after moving. I have found easily-affordable housing in an apartment complex in downtown Augusta, GA, something that was impossible when I checked in the last years of Bush's presidency. Obama's presidency has seen equal rights move forward by leaps and bounds even with an unhelpful House run by the extreme right who seek to turn this country into a theocracy, completely ignoring that freedom of religion specifically points out that no legislation shall be made favoring one religion over all others (and yes, trying to turn Christian doctorine into secular law is a betrayal of that Right).

You know what brought the US down so far? GOP filibusters and the Tea Party having explicitly gone into this game intending to stonewall everything Obama wanted to do in the hopes that if the economy was wrecked bad enough, people would blame Obama for it rather than the horrendously-partisan Congress that refuses to compromise across the isle on either side, that was too busy pouring millions into attack ads instead of economic recovery.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!