Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What's making money in Pandaria?

I used to sell glyphs and got really good at that, made quite a bit off that in cata. Then they nerfed glyphs and they dont sell at all. I am now selling the shoulder enchants; i tried to sell one card but it's not selling. It may be one of those things where you dump 10k in mats in and sell 1 thing and get profit. I tend to not like those markets because it's too variable and you can get stuck with worthless items.

I leveling my JC on another toon to 585 and started looking into that, the raw gems are almost selling for nothing and cut blue gems not much more. I'm doing decently with enchanting but typically that doesn't sell all that well.

What are people doing to make gold in Pandaria? It looks like with raw mats so ridiculously available any craft profession will have a hard time unless its epic items (until the next raid tier anyway).

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've been selling Darkmoon cards with great success, usually around 2-2.5k each unless its an oxen card, then you are lucky to get 1k. Also the inscription offhand fans sell quickly for 6-10k on my server. Made about 150k since MoP hit, mostly from inscription. My other profession is JC and so far that is next to worthless for making money. Almost all uncut gems cost more than the cut ones and the market is just saturated. Ore is expensive and green gems are worthless so shuffling is extremely dubious for profit on my server.

If all else fails OP just sell the herbs, the return isn't as high but it is garanteed gold.

dailies

seeing everything els is overpopulated on my server. aka living steel goes for the same as the mats itself.
    for cooking the mats are expensive as hell. the 100year old sause goes for 250g a pop.

strangely enough the feasts go for 7g a pop...
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

I was making pretty good gold off of gems, I even leveled JC from start to max shortly after hitting 90 and have thus far made almost 65k. But it seems like out of the blue the prices just dropped about two weeks ago and the market hasn't risen to what it was, since. Q_Q

Deleted
    Gems was good at start, same with enchanted veilums, but now there's 2 ah bots online here 20 hrs per day.
    I make alot of gold with companions, and occasionally trading 20 meat for 1 ironpaw token, if it's 200-300g profit (buying black pepper, soy sauce and rice flour).

Most of my gold currently comes from companions and transmog gear.

I've made ~140K profit this past week (technically month) selling Darkmoon Card Trinkets.

I buy herbs off the AH, mill them into inks and have 2 scribes crafting a card each everyday.

I buy mats off the AH and make them into DM cards. I have also been transmuting living steel for a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Living steel is pretty hard to make. If you have an alchemist you might be able to make good money with living steel.

Quote Originally Posted by Haao View Post
    I was making pretty good gold off of gems, I even leveled JC from start to max shortly after hitting 90 and have thus far made almost 65k. But it seems like out of the blue the prices just dropped about two weeks ago and the market hasn't risen to what it was, since. Q_Q
    Stock up on gems... when a new raid is released, I can guarantee prices will shoot back up, that's how it works on my server at least.

I made ~120K at the start of the expansion, mainly from gems. Inscription didn't make me much, but I did sell a few cards for 1 - 2K.

rougly made 400k with dmc trinkets, sold about 20 of them
    other than that im not really sure, doesnt seem like ore shuffle is all worth it this addon... not yet at least but i still cant see how it'll be worth it anytime soon anyways
    you could try selling cooking mats i suppose but that depends on what type of server you're on
    or you could try crafting tailor/lw/bs epics with blood spirits (if they're somewhat cheap on your realm that is) and sell them

10+ Year Old Account
    I've made about 150k through JC and Darkmoon trinkets/cards as others have. Keep an eye on the Green Tea Leaf and Ghost Iron Ore stack prices (as others have probably mentioned). On the weekend, at least on my server, I can buy stacks of those for 30-35g and turn them into a nice profit pretty quickly.

Has anyone been doing enchanting at all? Looking at getting into that market and curious how the new "up" converting with Spirit Dust to Essence etc is impacting that.

havent done much. hierloom enchants has given me the most gold, together with xmute steel, but thats just because i have 5 xmute masters

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard have done a great job this expansion in killing the economy. The ease of leveling of professions and the abundance of raw materials means that it is difficult to make a profit. The only profession I see earning decent gold is Inscription with the cards, but that won't last.

The ore shuffle on my server is pointless at the moment. Gems are dirt cheap. The red primes hit as low as 30g last week. Enchanting mats are dirt cheap. It is not worth transmuting gems because they need a Golden Lotus. I can't help but think that it was done this way to try and reel in the AH players a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanthanum View Post
    Blizzard have done a great job this expansion in killing the economy. The ease of leveling of professions and the abundance of raw materials means that it is difficult to make a profit. The only profession I see earning decent gold is Inscription with the cards, but that won't last.

The ore shuffle on my server is pointless at the moment. Gems are dirt cheap. The red primes hit as low as 30g last week. Enchanting mats are dirt cheap. It is not worth transmuting gems because they need a Golden Lotus. I can't help but think that it was done this way to try and reel in the AH players a little bit.
    I still make a decent amount of gold doing the shuffle for the amount of time I actually spend doing it. My scribe has made pretty decent gold sellng cards though now I think I'll just keep the cards and try to make decks for alts as like you mentioned cards will start dropping in value as new content becomes available.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanthanum View Post

You are just stuck on methods used for the last expansion. You have to realize that they are no longer lucrative and to find out some new way to create income. It has nothing to do with Blizzard messing up the economy, simply, your misunderstanding of the economy.

I've gone up 150k since release, selling goods here and there. I haven't even gotten into my seller mode yet, i'm too busy playing the game.

i guess the profit on the dmf cards will decrease as time goes?

Quote Originally Posted by roostah View Post
    i guess the profit on the dmf cards will decrease as time goes?
    Probably, it depends on what the next tier trinkets will bring stat-wise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    You are just stuck on methods used for the last expansion. You have to realize that they are no longer lucrative and to find out some new way to create income. It has nothing to do with Blizzard messing up the economy, simply, your misunderstanding of the economy.

I've gone up 150k since release, selling goods here and there. I haven't even gotten into my seller mode yet, i'm too busy playing the game.
    I agree with the first bit that blizz has nerfed some methods and then I agree with you that you have to find new ones. Iy will be interesting to see that when the dmf has left town in 6 months time how economies fare.

Primal Diamonds(Make sure you use a transmute spec.), DMF Cards and cooking mats. I also have a toon I leveled just to farm ore/herbs. Opportunity cost has to be thrown in there, but id still be selling herbs/ore if I put up every thing that I farmed.

JC inscription and alchemy have all done quite well for me this expansion. In that order too
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.