10+ Year Old Account

Trouble with companion

Guys im in bit of a problem, as an Imperial Agent.
    So in chapter 3 around the time you get to Corellia , Kaliyo gets arrested , and she doesn't seem to be available at least at the start of Corellia.
    The thing is i've been using her up till now, so all other companions have no gear upgrades whatsoever.
    As a Sniper IA, i'd think the choices would be either SCORPIO (Melee tank) or Lokin (Healer/DPS), but who's the most effective for the purpose of going from 47 - 50?
    For Lokin i can just buy a bunch of greens from GTN , but how do i go about gearing SCORPIO if thats the recommended? i understand she has modded greens, but is there any vendor i can buy mods from with credits? Also how do i get a "Head" slot item for her?
    Any help is apreciated from fellow IAs , thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Guys im in bit of a problem, as an Imperial Agent.
    So in chapter 3 around the time you get to Corellia , Kaliyo gets arrested , and she doesn't seem to be available at least at the start of Corellia.
    The thing is i've been using her up till now, so all other companions have no gear upgrades whatsoever.
    As a Sniper IA, i'd think the choices would be either SCORPIO (Melee tank) or Lokin (Healer/DPS), but who's the most effective for the purpose of going from 47 - 50?
    For Lokin i can just buy a bunch of greens from GTN , but how do i go about gearing SCORPIO if thats the recommended? i understand she has modded greens, but is there any vendor i can buy mods from with credits? Also how do i get a "Head" slot item for her?
    Any help is apreciated from fellow IAs , thanks in advance.
    Armor/mods/enhancements from other gear can be used in SCORPIO's gear. You can also find some droid armor as quest rewards or people can craft it for you (Cybertech maybe?). When levelling an assassin/shadow or operative/scoundrel I found it helpful to use tanks so that I could use my rear attacks, but as you're a sniper you don't have directional attacks, so you can use healers/tanks/dps companions. Really up to you. Perhaps Ensign Temple can use your old gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalek View Post
    Armor/mods/enhancements from other gear can be used in SCORPIO's gear. You can also find some droid armor as quest rewards or people can craft it for you (Cybertech maybe?). When levelling an assassin/shadow or operative/scoundrel I found it helpful to use tanks so that I could use my rear attacks, but as you're a sniper you don't have directional attacks, so you can use healers/tanks/dps companions. Really up to you. Perhaps Ensign Temple can use your old gear.
    Loken should also be able to use old gear, secondary stats may be annoying but hardly a huge issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your problem will be resolved fairly quickly. As an aside, I would suggest using Scorpio or Lokin. Lokin is probably the best choice for staying alive (he can keep you up even in crappy gear unless your damage is terrible). Scorpio will provide quicker encounters though.

Healer is the best combo for a Sniper, because cover basically makes you unkillable while out in the world questing. When your health gets low you just sit down while Lokin brings you back to full.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the replies. As per the latter posters sugested, i got home from work, slapped some greens in Lokin, and man, i just kept thinking to myself why the f i used Kaliyo for so long. She would basically die, or be close to it every pack with 2 strongs or a single elite mob. Lokin just keeps me and himself over 80% at any time, its been a breeze, almost done with Corellia after a couple hours. =)

10+ Year Old Account
    I used Kaliyo 90% of the time. By keeping her well geared I was able to clear mobs MUCH quicker than with Lokin. The difference is, as you mentioned, having a little bit of downtime inbetween every few mob packs. But the overall killrate was quicker. So it boils down to personal preference, but its awesome to have options.