Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I just did some look arounds on forums and evidently according to benches a 7950 can easily be oc'd to match a 7970 when tested at 1440p, some cases it was only 3-5% slower, this would save me around 80-90 bucks and it'd cut the overall price to $1776 AUD! (this is including the monitor and shipping of the parts)

I would suggest a Razer Deathadder instead of the Logitech one. Deathadder is a fantastic mouse for gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    I would suggest a Razer Deathadder instead of the Logitech one. Deathadder is a fantastic mouse for gaming.
    I cannot back this statement up in the slightest. Razer's stuff is made of paper and the Synapse 2.0 is shit. I'd suggest a brand that has actual build quality. Apparently Asus are to release a new mouse made of aluminum.

Quote Originally Posted by Amity View Post
    This is like 35dollars more than the logitech, but it kind of seems worth it, I can understand what you all mean by the plasticy soft feeling of the non mechanical keyboards, i'm just using a wireless apple keyboard haha, but even though it isn't cherry switches, it feels much less soft than most 'plasticy rubbery soft' keyboards, although i'm probably just used to it

thanks for that, Price would be around 1850 and i'm still real happy with that seeing all the luxury items it holds haha
    So for which keyboard are you going?

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I cannot back this statement up in the slightest. Razer's stuff is made of paper and the Synapse 2.0 is shit. I'd suggest a brand that has actual build quality. Apparently Asus are to release a new mouse made of aluminum.
    Or this one? http://content.hwigroup.net/images/n...at-9-white.jpg

Looks pretty neat!

Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    So for which keyboard are you going?
    The corsair K90

The red switches seem to be perfect for me cos i really cannot see myself enjoying loud keys, but i'm still interested in the feel of a mechanical keyboard and the brushed aluminum and backlight just looks gorgeous on this keyboard

The corsair K90

The red switches seem to be perfect for me cos i really cannot see myself enjoying loud keys, but i'm still interested in the feel of a mechanical keyboard and the brushed aluminum and backlight just looks gorgeous on this keyboard
    Got the K90 as well and one thing is sure it's an awesome keyboard. Very very ergonomic.

If I'm using my brother's pc the normal keyboard is really feeling shit..

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    GTX670 > AMD 7950 - same price, better.
    Get an i7 IMHO - you don't want to be in my position and want to stream quality games on an i5...
    I stream quality games on an i5 and it works out perfectly. O.o
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

okay so here's is the final build
    please tell me now if there's is something incorrect in this or you have any last suggestions that i should change, thankyou for all the lovely helpful feedback everyone.

Things changed on this is the mouse, motherboard, ram degraded down from 16 to 8gb, GPU back to 7950 for said reasons in my previous posts, case is changed to a 500r because by the time i added more fans to a 400r it'd cost the same as the 500r but minus the more space and dust filters. Also the SSD because this one was priced around the same but had higher read rate

This plus the monitor and shipping for all is $1835 AUD
    Last edited by Amity; 2012-11-13 at 10:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're good to go, only thing I'd change is the seagate barracuda since 3 of them have died on me for the past 2 years.

Switched to Western Digital, never had an error.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    OP:
    I'm still unsure of the keyboard, I have never tried mechanical keyboard and yeah I know i'll be wrong about this but to me it just reminds of
    a real cheap office kind of keyboard no offence, what's the difference in the feel while typing? is it more clicky or something? It doesn't really worry
    me if they're real great for gaming or not I just want a nice feeling and nice looking keyboard with handy features, I kind of chose the 510 cos of the extra
    macro keys and was just going to see if the LCD could help me out with my recording stuff
    those real cheap office keyboards, of the 90s im assuming you are talking about, werent very cheap. they were built like bricks which is the reason companies invested in them. take it for what it is worth but according to the wiki page, the company that made them had a hard time profitting off them because they were so bulletproof lol. mechanical is the way to go bud
    Intel i5-2500k@4.4ghz
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Gigabyte N560OC 1gb gpu
    Corsair 2x4gb
    Antec v2 Two Hundred
    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
    Razer Naga