Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    If options out there or soon to be released like Assassin's Creed 3, Hitman, Halo 4 or GTA5 - I wouldnt even consider buying GW2.
    Unfortunately Halo 4 isn't coming to PC though and I would think the OP was asking from PC gamer perspective.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    Unfortunately Halo 4 isn't coming to PC though and I would think the OP was asking from PC gamer perspective.
    Just named a few examples in the hope of hitting his taste. I'd take any game over GW2, since it wasnt one of my best purchases this year - it honestly is a letdown and now I'm here, suggesting him that he should stay away from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can hardly call any of your games single player rpg's.

Considering that you can't finish your "personal" story without other people, no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    Considering that you can't finish your "personal" story without other people, no.
    QQ need to do the epic last dungeon with party... couldn't care less.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    It's worth it, but I'd say that SWTOR is a much, much better offering if you're just looking for a single player RPG experience in an MMO format.
    This. GW2's story is pretty weak and SWTOR's is the best in the industry.

Personally I am waiting for GW2's price to drop to something reasonable so I can pick it up as something to play once in a while when I need a break from SWTOR. I am really shocked that the sticker is still $60. I was thinking it would be closer to $20 by Christmas, but if it gets down to $30 I might buy it for that.

lol no way, GW2 is prolly the most generic when it comes to your race/class story, its not worth it at all just for that... however it has many things up for offer such as the expansive pvp system. I didn't try much of the pve but i heard its still good. No subscription makes it worth the look for the game as a whole.

Imo if I were you I'd wait till swtor goes ftp. the class stories are much better.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just named a few examples in the hope of hitting his taste. I'd take any game over GW2, since it wasnt one of my best purchases this year - it honestly is a letdown and now I'm here, suggesting him that he should stay away from it.
    The OP's criteria was story though with Skyrim as his RPG gameplay reference. The rest is just personal feelings unrelated to the OP's question unless Halo 4 is really in league with Skyrim which I am fairly doubtful of.
    Last edited by Ravenblade; 2012-11-12 at 07:46 AM.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    QQ need to do the epic last dungeon with party... couldn't care less.
    Aria was probably the worst and most disappointing dungeon I've ever done in an MMO. Its far from being epic... or even good.

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    This. GW2's story is pretty weak and SWTOR's is the best in the industry.
    "Best in the industry"... on what planet? Never was interested in the star wars franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    The OP's criteria was story though with Skyrim as his RPG gameplay reference. The rest is just personal feelings unrelated to the OP's question unless Halo 4 is really in league with Skyrim which I am fairly doubtful of.
    Do you know what RPG means? And do you suggest that people are posting their own opinions on a forum?! How dare I...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that's how I played first 35 levels
    Mindless...

15+ Year Old Account
    Do you know what RPG means? And do you suggest that people are posting their own opinions on a forum?! How dare I...
    I am sure you do know what RPG means going by the list of non-RPG games you have suggested to him in response to the question of whether GW2 is worth buying as singleplayer RPG. There was an opinion asked for, yes, however not about whether the game was a letdown for anyone - something which inevitably was going to happen for some people - but whether it is worth buying as singleplayer RPG "for story only".