Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    here a link from a german newspaper

http://www.bild.de/geld/wirtschaft/e...0156.bild.html

they know.

the article might be a bit off, i'm not fluent with german.
    uh Bild.... just ignore the Bild... you remember this volcano 2 years ago that stopped the airplanetraffic? they predicted an ice age because of that 1 volcano.

Just never ever read the Bild.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Um... the Bundesbank not being allowed to audit its own reserves? Yes, I absolutely believe it would be talked about in mainstream media.

I'm pretty sure if this were a legitimate concern, the Germans would be shouting from the rooftops.
    Bild is Germany's Daily Mail or Sun (National Inquirer sounds more lik Bunte from its looks). It is a right-wing populist, anti-intellectual, sensationalist and lying pile of shit. Unfortunately, it is mainstream. But the issue was also reported in serious media like Süddeutsche, FAZ etc. Put shortly, after inquiries pushed for some time by one representative, the Bundesrechnungshof, a federal organisation monitoring expenses and other fiscal stuff, asked the Bundesbank, national bank, to investigate it which they now reluctantly ant cautiously try. I see the core of the issue not with these tungsten bar conspiracies, but that foreign posession defies the stated purpose of gold reserve: to act as safety in case of emergency, because then legal property is less relevant than posession.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morogoth View Post
    The new superpowers will be Brasil, India and China.
    And under the right circumstances, the EU.

OP links a tabloid, some other guys liks BILD. This thread is hilarious. Bad sources are bad!!

What actually happened:

The Bundesbank is obliged to count all German gold reserves AT LEAST every three years. This has not been done by the Bundesbank, which caused a public issue in Germany, since gold reserves make up for 17% of their balance sheet (you know, how do they know how much there is left if they didnt count it?) The Bundesbank now tries to "formally" count the gold reserves, but there seems to be some kind of issue. Jens Weidmann, CEO of the Bundesbank, said that he received contradictory statements as to why he cannot look into the gold reserves.

US newspapers now picked up on the story, saying that the US might have "spent" some of the German gold and that the reserves might turn out smaller than they should after the inspection.

Here is a US article

http://www.mineweb.com/mineweb/view/...ail&pid=102055

It doesnt look like any German credible major newspaper like the Focus picked up on the story.

edit: here is a pretty credible source from Spiegel. However, it doesnt say much apart that the Bundesbank plans to count its gold

http://www.spiegel.de/wirtschaft/soz...-a-863840.html
    Last edited by StayTuned; 2012-11-12 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurax View Post
    Bild is Germany's Daily Mail or Sun (National Inquirer sounds more lik Bunte from its looks). It is a right-wing populist, anti-intellectual, sensationalist and lying pile of shit. Unfortunately, it is mainstream. But the issue was also reported in serious media like Süddeutsche, FAZ etc. Put shortly, after inquiries pushed for some time by one representative, the Bundesrechnungshof, a federal organisation monitoring expenses and other fiscal stuff, asked the Bundesbank, national bank, to investigate it which they now reluctantly ant cautiously try. I see the core of the issue not with these tungsten bar conspiracies, but that foreign posession defies the stated purpose of gold reserve: to act as safety in case of emergency, because then legal property is less relevant than posession.
    Ich kenne Deutsche

I know Bild is shit.

Wheres John McClane when you need him cause it looks like Simon Gruber ran off with the gold again lol

To cite the german rockband "Die Ärzte": "Bild is only about fear, hatred, tits and the weather forecast"

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Wheres John McClane when you need him cause it looks like Simon Gruber ran off with the gold again lol
    someone already beat you to it...nice try though

Quote Originally Posted by Obamatheone View Post
    someone already beat you to it...nice try though
    Damn lol i really should read the whole thread

In my opinion if you are dumb enough to store a portions of your wealth in another country for any reason you deserve to have it stolen.

The reason for them doing so was not even a good one during the cold war if Russia had invaded Germany it would of started world war 3 and since the Germans were not the instigators they would of ended up on the side of the allies.

But yeah everyone knows the U.S loves to play the role of captain save a ho, and they also know the U.S is terrible when it comes to anything related to money.