Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    As a tank I raid with basic ui and tend not to use boss mods I find the constant spam of random things warning about a debut I'm already watching etc. really tedious. Some fights it's nice for timers but apart from that it really isn't needed. I wouldn't say it makes it less fun with them on each to their own but I'd rather have a player use it and not have to be told constantly what to do than them completing sucking because they don't know abilities of a boss etc.

The better question is, if one is so against DBM timers, would it be enjoyable for you to not do anything at all and simple watch the timers and use the /timer command. Basically you become the DBM for the group.

Which is what we did in EQ and vanilla raiding.

I think I'll stick with mod timers.

Quote Originally Posted by Benea View Post
    The better question is, if one is so against DBM timers, would it be enjoyable for you to not do anything at all and simple watch the timers and use the /timer command. Basically you become the DBM for the group.

Which is what we did in EQ and vanilla raiding.
    Exactly. By removing the timers you would just ruin raidtime for the poor fellow who has to replace them. But I wouldnt mind Blizz making a few more things undetectable by addons, like standing in a voidzone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart View Post
    Go do Spirit Kings heroic without any kind of warning for the 98 abilities going on all over the fucking raid

Have fun!
    I main tanked and raid led without dbm on all our heroic spirit king kills, everything single ability on that fight has either a cast bar, or some sort of boss yell/emote. So even with or without dbm the fight still won't be any fun because of resetting

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post
    I main tanked and raid led without dbm on all our heroic spirit king kills, everything single ability on that fight has either a cast bar, or some sort of boss yell/emote. So even with or without dbm the fight still won't be any fun because of resetting
    I'd prefer to know about flanks *before* they actually happen when I'm kiting skulls, thank you. Sure, main tanks don't have this issue, but everyone else does.

Yeah, it's possible to do it without boss mod. No, it's not in anyway better.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the question is, does it reduce the joy of raiding?

No. I don't think it does. There are UI add-ons such as DBM and Quartz that improve my performance by keeping me a half second ahead. The great thing about DBM is you can manually turn off/on each type of warning. I have many fights where DBM tells me very little excluding what I deem important.

Deleted
    Q: Does Deadly Boss Mods reduce the joy of raiding?
    A: Not at all, what does reduce the joy is people using the addon and still fail to move out of <insert dirty word>
    I hardly rly use it/watch it other then when an add spawns/breaks.

I have no respect for people who rely on mods for PvE, or PvP, for that matter.

Deleted
    It's hardly cheating, and hardly something that should be frowned upon. All the mods do is display timers for when abilities are due/used, and perhaps aid a little bit with messages such as "X has Y, dispell now!" or "Z on you!". It's up to yourself and the group to take this information and act accordingly. If you can survive some of the current fights without it, then props to you.