Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Exclamation Rotations to Complicated !

Over the years, I have looked on as wow has become increasingly complicated; however, complicated does not necessarily mean good. I believe the complexity of classes and the complexity of content share a fundamental link. If you have complicated rotations for classes then you must have account for this with easy forgiving content. Conversely, if you have simplistic rotations in your classes you may have much more difficult and unforgiving content.

I believe this illustrates the difference from the wow of the past and the wow of today. Today content is very forgiving outside heroic raids and class rotations are at an all time high in complexity. In the past content was not much less forgiving, yet classes and rotations were much easier to play.

I guess which ever style you like all falls down to opinion I suppose. The purpose of this thread was just to bring this conflict of interest to light. I view myself as a simplistic person so I enjoy my content harder and my class easier.

What's your view?

Deleted
    Are you fucking kidding me?
    What do you want?
    Auto attack and a single spell?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    I view myself as a simplistic person so I enjoy my content harder and my class easier.
    You really dont make any sense then, you see yourself as a person who enjoy harder and more complex content. Yet you think rotations are too complicated. That to make is very wierd.

Now I dont normally reply to forum stuff, but this I just found to be utterly stupid! Its not like it take more than 5 mins to find a rotation on the internet, for those people who dont give a damn about what buttons they actually push and just care about pure DPS.

If we just had a single button would WoW really be that entertaining anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by parish View Post
    Are you fucking kidding me?
    What do you want?
    Auto attack and a single spell?
    I will set a basic layout of my arms spec warriors rotation/priority system. First off is colossus smash since it is my main damage amplifier I hit it whenever it is on cool down and whenever it procs. Next I must keep my main damaging attack "mortal strike' on cool down constantly or I am losing dps; however, mortal strike procs overpowers, which in turn can proc more overpowers off each other, which in turn can proc taste for blood stacks. When taste for blood stacks above 3 the priority of my system completely changes, as I attempt to stack taste for blood to 5 before running out of time or procs, and split second deciding if I want to risk another mortal strike to try an stack out my taste for blood. This entire priority shift happens in the middle of combat still with other procs constantly going off. Add on top of this rage burn off with slam, dps burst cool downs, interrupts, dragons roar, movement, and the game become so complicated that I have little time to look up.

To complicate things beyond complicated, remember this is just a pve situation. In pvp I am asked to do even more while still preforming the same priority system rotation.
    Last edited by sandmoth12; 2012-11-12 at 05:38 PM.

Deleted
    I have played Fury warrior, Enhancement/Elemental Shaman, Retribution Paladin, Fire/Arcane (ROFL) mage, Assaination/combat Rogue and not a single one has been to complicated. I think they are way too easy to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Balck View Post
    You really dont make any sense then, you see yourself as a person who enjoy harder and more complex content. Yet you think rotations are too complicated. That to make is very wierd.

Now I dont normally reply to forum stuff, but this I just found to be utterly stupid! Its not like it take more than 5 mins to find a rotation on the internet, for those people who dont give a damn about what buttons they actually push and just care about pure DPS.

If we just had a single button would WoW really be that entertaining anymore?
    You are drastically over exaggerating the situation I did not ask for single button rotations. In fact I did not ask for anything I attempted to make clear two very different styles of game design.

Deleted
    Rotations are as complicated as you want them to be.

If you want a simple rotation as Ret and don't care about the dps consequences, you don't use Inquisition.

If the game in this state is hard for you, I suggest you reroll to a simpler class

Over the years, I have looked on as wow has become increasingly complicated; however, complicated does not necessarily mean good. I believe the complexity of classes and the complexity of content share a fundamental link. If you have complicated rotations for classes then you must have account for this with easy forgiving content. Conversely, if you have simplistic rotations in your classes you may have much more difficult and unforgiving content.

I believe this illustrates the difference from the wow of the past and the wow of today. Today content is very forgiving outside heroic raids and class rotations are at an all time high in complexity. In the past content was not much less forgiving, yet classes and rotations were much easier to play
    I hope this is a joke. Even the easiest raid encounter of today has mechanics that Blizzard couldn't even have dreamed of in the past. The challenge in Vanilla raids wasn't the boss fights, it was finding 40 people who could devote 50-60 hours a week to a video game to do all the farming required to raid. The bosses were a joke. Every single fight was just a tank and spank with a debuff that had to be removed.

I'm absolutely amazed that anyone could say that rotations are complicated. They are at their most simplistic at any time during WoW's timeframe and you want them simplified again?

The mind boggles.
    I remember when, I remember I remember when I lost my mind,
    There was something so perfect about that place...

...What?

The Death Knight rotation for Frost is simple.

The only "complicated", or rather annoyance to it is the actual Rune System, managing your Runic Power so you make sure it doesn't go above 76, never waste any runes, don't use Frost Strike/Obliterate (depending on 2h or DW) when Killing Machine Procs, and having an Unholy or Death Rune for Plague Strike when Blood Plague expires.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br1hXGXJ7Tg

Yeah, I really wanna go back to this. It was super challenging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Complex? Like sub rogues and demo locks were in cata? Everything is dumbed down now. There are some specs that are more complicated than others but overall everything has just become more simplified.
    Look! Words!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nii View Post
    They are at their most simplistic at any time during WoW's timeframe
    it depends on the class, but for most of them this is simply false.
    however, i agree on the fact that rotations are absolutely fine as they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really understand why people are bashing the OP, If he wants to have a simpler (spl?) rotation but harder fight mechanics it is still the same as having harder rotations but the boss stands still doing nothing.
    Balancing them both is the outcome I would prefer. Although I don't find any rotations super hard to pull off but different people like different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Gniral View Post
    it depends on the class, but for most of them this is simply false.
    however, i agree on the fact that rotations are absolutely fine as they are.
    I disagree and I have one of every class. I don't think there's really been a time where rotations have been simpler, on most if not all classes.
    I remember when, I remember I remember when I lost my mind,
    There was something so perfect about that place...

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't dps very often, but windwalker spec to do dailies in for my monk is far from complicated and when I started leveling my paladin in MoP content as ret, I was astounded at how easy the rotations are. It literally felt like I might as well be rolling my face across the keyboard to play it.

I would prefer a system of simpler rotations, and more complicated boss mechanics and fights. I would love to have bosses that are very complex that you have to work at it, not your rotation. You could ask for both, but you'll never get it!

10+ Year Old Account
    I view myself as a simplistic person so I enjoy my content harder and my class easier.
    So you want harder content but easier content? I mean, your class rotations are part of the difficulty: knowing when to use specific abilities in certain fights and actually pulling it off while paying attention to everything else you have to. I'm afraid this doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Nevermind that few classes are that complicated with the exception of perhaps afflic warlock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go play an Elemental Shaman, forget LvB, forget FS, just spam Lightning Bolt, and you can even cast it while moving.

Simple enough for you?

You won't do a lot of dps, but the rotation would be simple.

15+ Year Old Account
    The hardest part in todays "rotations" are:

1. Press the button that lights up because of a proc.
    2. Keep DoTs up.

If it would get any more simple it would turn your brain into mush.