Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    That there is a challenge to promote 60 characters.
    Which is not a weekend challenge which was the discussion.
    Stop being so rhorle.

Quote Originally Posted by Sekira View Post
    Thanks!
    Get flamin'!
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-11-12 at 10:29 AM.

https://twitter.com/sonicmayhem/stat...59149676093440

Considering that we're so close to Omega, it has to be something new.

Deleted
    Never know, it might be the space duck.

Might have some relation to this:

Michael Gamble ‏@GambleMike Give @Sjosz a hug for putting in some much overtime lately. He's doing it for an upcoming DLC, and it's unlike anything we've done before!

https://twitter.com/GambleMike/statu...50993890144258
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Might have some relation to this:

Michael Gamble ‏@GambleMike Give @Sjosz a hug for putting in some much overtime lately. He's doing it for an upcoming DLC, and it's unlike anything we've done before!

https://twitter.com/GambleMike/statu...50993890144258
    You missed the most important part:
    "Michael Gamble ‏@GambleMike

@ChubbyNinja1319 @Sjosz Naw. Omega comes out on November 27th. There's no way we'd be able to still work on it! "

I want a DLC with more Jack damnit!
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-11-12 at 03:00 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    pink ending incoming.
    By tossing the Starbrat off the citadel?

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/11/12/a...ware-montreal/

So Montreal is taking the lead on the next ME game. I'm guessing that means Edmonton will handle the new franchise they're working on.

Edit: The new ME will apparently be built on the Frostbite engine! That could get pretty interesting.

Deleted
    Already have a good feeling about it.

ooo 27th November, cheers for all the links guys.

Soon as you had that Mission in ME3 with Aria and she says how they were forced off Omega, I knew a DLC would have to at some stage come out regarding Taking Back Omega, didn't think it'd be No.2 (Or 3 I guess if you count the EC). Here's to hoping it's as amazing as I thought it was going to be when that Aria mission popped up on my first ME3 playthrough. And I just hope I can put the rest of ME3 (Mainly the Ending and everything absurd that connects with it) aside for long enough to just purely enjoy the DLC!

Should be good!

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    http://blog.bioware.com/2012/11/12/a...ware-montreal/

So Montreal is taking the lead on the next ME game. I'm guessing that means Edmonton will handle the new franchise they're working on.

Edit: The new ME will apparently be built on the Frostbite engine! That could get pretty interesting.
    Frostbite is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Daverid View Post
    ooo 27th November, cheers for all the links guys.

Soon as you had that Mission in ME3 with Aria and she says how they were forced off Omega, I knew a DLC would have to at some stage come out regarding Taking Back Omega, didn't think it'd be No.2 (Or 3 I guess if you count the EC). Here's to hoping it's as amazing as I thought it was going to be when that Aria mission popped up on my first ME3 playthrough. And I just hope I can put the rest of ME3 (Mainly the Ending and everything absurd that connects with it) aside for long enough to just purely enjoy the DLC!

Should be good!
    Check out the previous page, there's a mod I linked to that modifies the ending (no starbrat & happy ending though there is a version with no happy ending as well).
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    though there is a version with no happy ending as well).
    Original endings?

Not gonna lie, the fact they said they're "exploring new gameplay directions" kind of worries me. I just hope it doesn't end up feeling like an entirely different game; I want a new Mass Effect game, not a new game with the name Mass Effect plastered on the cover. :/

/triestohavefaithinbioware

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Not gonna lie, the fact they said they're "exploring new gameplay directions" kind of worries me. I just hope it doesn't end up feeling like an entirely different game; I want a new Mass Effect game, not a new game with the name Mass Effect plastered on the cover. :/

/triestohavefaithinbioware
    You mean like, a Gears of War game with Mass Effect themes?

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    You mean like, a Gears of War game with Mass Effect themes?
    People have always said that but it means nothing to me, having never played or even looked at Gears of War (couldn't tell you what the game is even about to save my soul). Mass Effect 1, 2, and 3 have felt the same to me, just with improved controls. I'm fine with them tweaking the combat to improve it, I just hope they don't throw the formula out the window and turn it into a, let's say, RTS game, or a FPS, or some kind of hack-and-slash action game. I like the third person shooter style they've gotten into for Mass Effect and I hope they don't just throw it out now. No clue how the change to a new engine will affect things either as I've never played a game made on the Frostbite engine.

Tl;dr: I'm fine with mechanic changes as long as the core of the game remains intact.

Frostbite is cool.
    I have hope for the Frostbite Engine, but it really isn't built for RPG's. I would have been much more comfortable if they'd said they were just sticking with the Unreal Engine, perhaps even upgrading to the Unreal Engine 4. Frostbite Engine scares me when it comes to RPG's even more then the Unreal Engine. If they were using the RED Engine i'd buy the game regardless of how much I loved or hated Mass Effect by the time the next game comes out. RED Engine was developed specifically for RPG's and is just such a fucking beast. But I guess it would just cost them to much to license it from CD Projekt compared to Frostbite which EA already has it's hands on.

I guess we'll see how BioWare handles the adaptation of the Frostbite Engine when Dragon Age 3 comes out, because that'll most likely come before any new Mass Effect games. Unreal Engine, Frostbite, RED Engine it doesn't really matter, it just depends how well they adapt to it and mold it to the style of their game. So we'll wait and see, but I have some hope yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    People have always said that but it means nothing to me, having never played or even looked at Gears of War (couldn't tell you what the game is even about to save my soul). Mass Effect 1, 2, and 3 have felt the same to me, just with improved controls. I'm fine with them tweaking the combat to improve it, I just hope they don't throw the formula out the window and turn it into a, let's say, RTS game, or a FPS, or some kind of hack-and-slash action game. I like the third person shooter style they've gotten into for Mass Effect and I hope they don't just throw it out now. No clue how the change to a new engine will affect things either as I've never played a game made on the Frostbite engine.

Tl;dr: I'm fine with mechanic changes as long as the core of the game remains intact.
    Its gonna be a TETRIS game!

10+ Year Old Account
    I just hope ME4 isn't an MMO. Though I don't know that BW would be eager to jump back into the MMO genre so soon after SWTOR.
    Putin khuliyo

Just got to try out the Javelin. It's a beast!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    I just hope ME4 isn't an MMO. Though I don't know that BW would be eager to jump back into the MMO genre so soon after SWTOR.
    SWTOR would have made a FABULOUSLY GREAT Singleplayer game.
    My biggest beef is that while the choices are better than in ME, you dont get to see the choices change the galaxy because derp MMO.
    Although i think Bethesda did a better job of that in Fallout 3.

Oh and, SWTOR goes free to play on thursday, incase some people liked to play it, but not enough to subscripe.
    I know im one of them.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-11-12 at 05:44 PM.