Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Let the Duping Continue!!

So in the last few days Kil"Jaeden has been swarmed by those suspicious level 1 toons selling stacks and stacks of highly valueable stuff. In this case, Blood Spirits. We've seen this pattern before, between the Botters and the Dupers the game is kinda ruined, at least the economy is... What incentive do real, human players have to play the AH or participate on the economy if we know its swarmed with cheaters? To me its either don't participate or level the field, yeah, by botting yourself.

Blizzard - what is up with the duping? Do you seriuosly think that by ignoring the issue it will simply go away? How about you give us a real reply, meaning, how do you plan to stop it? I'm not asking for the usual statement saying "its important to us, trust us, we're dealing with it, it's a complex issue". i'm sorry, but that's not going to be enough considering the amount of time this has been going on for. Alternatively, if you can't win the war on botting, maybe you should legalize it? Let everyone bot.

It's either that or a real, permanent solution. I refuse to play or play fair when most of my competition doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerruss View Post

Blizzard - what is up with the duping?
    wrong forum before everything else. just cancle your sub. you cant sent better msg to blizzard. i know i will do it when ap runs out

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not just bots, it's guilds trying to unload. Worse players who can buy them cheap on another server, then transfer and try to dump them on another server at a higher price. Shandris was full of it at the end of Cata as the pricing was out of control.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

I'm going to assume that you're referring to US-Kil'jaeden since EU-Kil'jaeden has barely any blood spirit market to speak of.

Looking at the data from UndermineJournal, I don't see anything suspicious. Most of the listings on either faction are from guilded level 90's or 85's.

I'm not seeing these level 1's selling mass amounts of blood spirits that you're posting about.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Bank/guild alts aren't allowed to sell items? For fuck sakes I've seen way to many of these threads.
    ignorance is bliss.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Duping is new to me. My server hasn't seen it before.

Report them so Blizz knows who to ban and can figure out what program they're using so it can be added to Warden.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Bank/guild alts aren't allowed to sell items? For fuck sakes I've seen way to many of these threads.
    Not when people are trying to unload 40 red gems at once, for the tune of 50k. That kind of stuff ruins realm economies.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Sorry but when a level 1 shows up on your realm selling 2 of each kind of spectral tiger, 6 crimson deathcharger 6 poseidus reins, 4 magical rooster eggs etc its a duper.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

I'm on KJ-US and unless something changed since like... yesterday, I haven't seen a huge influx of spectral tigers and deathchargers and such since they fixed the previous dupe exploit, whatever it was. The price on those things has been steadily rising for a while now since they've finally become scarce again.

If there ARE people duping, then it's by a brand new method, and that means Blizzard has to figure out how to patch it. You've got to understand, duping exploits are generally very difficult to fix, at least in a game like WoW. The majority are through fundamental mechanic exploits involving lag during any number of various activities, and they've always been difficult to patch, as far as I'm aware.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Not when people are trying to unload 40 red gems at once, for the tune of 50k. That kind of stuff ruins realm economies.
    40 red gems? I could go out and farm ore for a few hours, prospect it and get that many. What's the problem with that again?

That's all? You should have a look at Kil'Jaeden's economy, that's a drop in the bucket here.

Quote Originally Posted by GarGar View Post
    40 red gems? I could go out and farm ore for a few hours, prospect it and get that many. What's the problem with that again?
    you could prospect epic gem gems in cata?

way to post without having a clue whats going on, really useful information thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    you could prospect epic gem gems in cata?

way to post without having a clue whats going on, really useful information thanks.
    The guy didn't specify that he meant the epic red gems in cata. He just said "red gems" which can easily be prospected for your information.

Side note: blood spirit duping already has a thread.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    But you wouldn't, because no one would buy it due to the sheer amount of undercutters, and why even buy 40, when your guild has enough anyway?

I'm not talking 1 gem at a time, I'm talking 2x20 stacks.

A single player doesn't move that type of inventory out. You wait for a better price to sell very popular gems or lose your shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    The guy didn't specify that he meant the epic red gems in cata. He just said "red gems" which can easily be prospected for your information.
    yeahh 40 red gems for 50k, defo in mop....those gems are certainly well over 1k each, way to keep updated with in information in the post....seriously why post when you're so clueless?

But you wouldn't, because no one would buy it due to the sheer amount of undercutters, and why even buy 40, when your guild has enough anyway?

I'm not talking 1 gem at a time, I'm talking 2x20 stacks.

A single player doesn't move that type of inventory out. You wait for a better price to sell very popular gems or lose your shirt.
    I do that all the time since people post things at ridiculously low price at times. Going with 2x20 stacks wouldn't be out of the oridinary for me.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Im assuming he meant the epic red gems at the beginning of DS where the AH was loaded with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keske View Post
    I do that all the time since people post things at ridiculously low price at times. Going with 2x20 stacks wouldn't be out of the oridinary for me.
    What server? Like to check this out. Because I call BS.

I checked the other servers even the larger ones don't move inventory like that, so yeah, calling BS.

bots everywhere, duping, PvP cheating and exploiting

this expansion is going well

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Sorry but when a level 1 shows up on your realm selling 2 of each kind of spectral tiger, 6 crimson deathcharger 6 poseidus reins, 4 magical rooster eggs etc its a duper.
    Actually, no. If the seller has that many of those items, technically speaking he's a super duper.

I'll get my coat. No no really I'll see myself out, it's fine.