Rogue test dummy damage, appropriate?

Getting my rogue ready to raid cause I don't like hunter pve

Item level 467(all 463 blues, a xuen and 2 pcs malevolent) properly enchanted other than windsong weapons but missing 320 from one profession, will fix that this week.

combat dps for 5 minutes sustained is 39k.

Assassination(450/437 daggers elemental force overall item level 461) is about 35k. Dummies don't go below 35% so that's an auto 12% or so dps loss I'm guessing

Absolutely no buffs or debuffs other than baseline 10% haste/5% spell damage.

Is this spot on for the gear level? My hunter at 477 does about 45kish in 5 mins and his raid dps is atrocious capping at 60k.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm iLvl 468 and I do about the same with Assassination.

I hate to be that guy.. but

dummy dps is not a realistic representation of dps by any means.

and stop wearing pvp gear for pve.

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    I hate to be that guy.. but

dummy dps is not a realistic representation of dps by any means.

and stop wearing pvp gear for pve.
    PvP gear is now equivalent to PvE gear of the same ilvl. If it's the highest ilvl piece you have for that slot, it should definitely be used.

The dummy part is truth, though. That's not a good thing to base your raid damage on.

Your damage is going to be shit no matter what until you get non-shit weapons. Run heroics for 463s and LFR as soon as you can. Use a coin on Stone Guards regardless of difficulty.

Deleted
    I almost double my DPS in a raid compared to a dummy. On top of that, there are no patchwerk-style fights this tier unless your raid can handle mechanics by themselves and allow you to sit on a boss 24/7.

Long story short, as has been mentioned before, dummy DPS doesn't mean anything.

Just for comparison's sake I would like to know your 5 minute dummy performance and ilvl/nobuffs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    Just for comparison's sake I would like to know your 5 minute dummy performance and ilvl/nobuffs.
    If that was aimed at me, yea sure no problem. Just bear in mind that all my gear is optimized for Assassination and dummies don't have a sub 35% execute phase where I can Dispatch.

I'm making brownies (MANLY BROWNIES) at the moment so I'll log in after that and update this post with a screenshot of my recount, stopwatch and armory link.

my 466 combat rogue did 48k on feng LFR without any consumables. My target would be 70k+ dps minimum on tank/spank as assasination when I hit 480.

I think I'm on the right track.

edit : 54k on purely tunnel garajal. I really think I'm gonna hit my targets. raid buffs gave me far more dps than I expected(thought like +20% or so more dps).
    Last edited by Fluttershy; 2012-11-13 at 10:30 AM.