Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cldmani View Post
    Oh my god, I'm so excited for you guys. Just a bit more than 30 min left on the clock!
    You mean - twelve hours.

AM, sadly, AM.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I thought I would share this. :P

http://youtu.be/aZRQE_m34Sw

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    You mean - twelve hours.

AM, sadly, AM.
    Well it is 12 AM EST :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it is 12 AM EST :P
    12AM isn't quite 12PM. :P
    "A flower.

12AM isn't quite 12PM. :P
    So wait, 12 PM PST or EST? If its PST, I can freaking join during the launch awesomeness

10+ Year Old Account
    So wait, 12 PM PST or EST? If its PST, I can freaking join during the launch awesomeness

** NA and EU Region Downtime - Storm Legion - 8:00am PST/4:00pm GMT 11/13/12! **

They are hoping to have them up in 2 hours or less, but you can't be sure with it being a big ol' expansion.
    "A flower.

Wonderful, I'll be at work when they bring down the servers. That means I probably can't download whatever patch they'll launch -_-

I wish I could join the hype aswell but left the game after some..relationship problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys! I was wondering how Rift is going, I'm thinking of joining again, I haven't played for quite a bit, but I'd love to get into it. Things really seem interesting!

** NA and EU Region Downtime - Storm Legion - 8:00am PST/4:00pm GMT 11/13/12! **

They are hoping to have them up in 2 hours or less, but you can't be sure with it being a big ol' expansion.
    Sweeeeeeeeeeeet. They expect a 4 hour downtime, which means I might be part of the launch crew after all. So excited
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Wonderful, I'll be at work when they bring down the servers. That means I probably can't download whatever patch they'll launch -_-
    Dont be negative like that! Think on the positive side. You'll be able to play SL soon :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Time for some old skool Disco to sum up the anticipation

Deleted
    Launch already? So, anyone want to share what was the final about pvp or will it be surprise, surprise to those people tomorrow?:P

Am I the only euro that feels absolutely shafted by the launch times? 4PM GMT with an up to 4h downtime, that puts the clock at 21:00 CET when I get to play. I thought we were having a 13/11 launch, not a last 3 hours of 13/11 launch. I was hyped and ofcourse still am, but I can't deny that it does feel like I've been slapped in the face by Trion's big meat stick.

Why not take em down at midnight or like 02 letting them in about 04-06, whilst we'd be getting in 14-15.
    Don't get why'd they give us downtime right about the time we're actually getting home to play.

Am I mising something? Cause it fucking feels like it. Trion who've been so good so far, atleast in my eyes, suddenly doing someting like this... Someone please explain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherion View Post

Am I mising something? Cause it fucking feels like it. Trion who've been so good so far, atleast in my eyes, suddenly doing something like this... Someone please explain.
    It's called a simultaneous launch for a reason, both North America and Europe are getting the Expansion at the same time, otherwise all the e-peen kiddies going for "World" and "server" firsts would fill the Pacific ten times over with the QQ of how they got cheated because X Region got the Update first

4pm GMT is 8am Pacific time for Trion, when the working day starts, so at least we're guaranteed there's a full workforce there from the very beginning, they can monitor the Update, monitor the servers and can quickly jump on any issues that might arise

Imagine your call for a midnight launch, midnight for who, Europe? that would be 4pm for Trion, nearly at the end of the work day, if patch takes 2 or even 3 hours, that's 3am for Europe and 7pm for Trion, you really expect a full workforce to stay on past their normal work day?

Somebody will always be upset no matter what time the Expansion is launched, can't really understand why you're complaining about getting to play at maybe 8pm CET when you wanted it at midnight?

Quote Originally Posted by Netherion View Post
    I thought we were having a 13/11 launch, not a last 3 hours of 13/11 launch.
    Think of it as a 14/11 launch and you'll feel like you're gettin a 3 hour jump on things! Remember, it's still just a game. I'm sure you'll have plenty of things to take care of before you start sinking all your time into the xpac. I'm with Slipmat on being confused as to why you're pissed over a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    It's called a simultaneous launch for a reason, both North America and Europe are getting the Expansion at the same time, otherwise all the e-peen kiddies going for "World" and "server" firsts would fill the Pacific ten times over with the QQ of how they got cheated because X Region got the Update first

4pm GMT is 8am Pacific time for Trion, when the working day starts, so at least we're guaranteed there's a full workforce there from the very beginning, they can monitor the Update, monitor the servers and can quickly jump on any issues that might arise

Imagine your call for a midnight launch, midnight for who, Europe? that would be 4pm for Trion, nearly at the end of the work day, if patch takes 2 or even 3 hours, that's 3am for Europe and 7pm for Trion, you really expect a full workforce to stay on past their normal work day?

Somebody will always be upset no matter what time the Expansion is launched, can't really understand why you're complaining about getting to play at maybe 8pm CET when you wanted it at midnight?
    It's not a huge issue but I can relate to the complaint, it surely wouldn't be the end of the world having the workforce come in 2 hours early to fire up the expansion compromising a little for the Euro people.

Slipmat, I'm sorry if I didn't make it clear in my post, but when I said bring them down from 00-02 to 04-06 letting us in at 14-15 I meant us as in euros. Bringing servers down maintenance 02-06 in NA would leave us with with a 10-14 downtime for GMT, and 11-15 for me as a CET, how is this not simultaneous? Not only is it just as simultaneous as before, but it would also leave us with more time to play during prime time.

On the staff matter I would honestly expect them to go full staff any time of the day for a world wide service act that happens once every 1.5 years or so.

Why I complain about getting it at 20 instead of 00? Cause it's a 20 hour difference. I value my time.

And Uber, I have very free tuesdays and very busy wednesdays, after having looking forward to a tuesday release for weeks ofcourse I'm annoyed that my weeks long anticipation was for nothing. To be honest I'm suprirsed people are taking it this well.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by m12342 View Post
    I thought I would share this. :P

http://youtu.be/aZRQE_m34Sw
    That movie is awesome! Never saw it.
    I'm jumping in house already waiting for the launch. Haven't been this excited since a long time for a game :-).
    Good thing I have the week off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kudos to Rift player Wizx13 for this cool little ditty as we wait for Storm Legion

Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...rm-legion.html

Twas the night before Storm Legion...

Twas the night before Storm Legion and all through bar

not a dev was sleeping, not even Elrar!

The servers where pre loaded at Trion with care

in hopes that lvl 50's would be waiting to get in there.

The players were restless not thinking of beds

while visions of dimensions danced in there heads

With Crucia out of her prison and and the Storm Legion running a muck

I couldnt help but to think how Chekaroth hits like a truck.

Out in the zones Crucia was flyin high

waiting on launch to make everyone cry!

Her Storm Legion minions prepared for a fight

While she took to the skys on a sight seeing flight.

While out in Tempest Bay there seemed to be much chatter

I ported there instantly to see what was the matter.

Standing by the porticulum much to our surprise

was a huge fire guy that had the most wonderful eyes...

Upon opening his interface I let out a squeal

it was the lvl 60 potion vendor with raid gear to feel.

I quickly bought everything that he was trying to sell

got geared up and thought to myself, wow this is swell!!

Out in the zones I felt like a boss

the beat downs were heavy I suffered no loss.

Mob after mob zone after zone

What will I do when my raid gear is gone??

So I sit here in waiting like everyone in game

for Storm Legion to launch and my chance at fame.

The hours in beta will surely pay off

I wish everyone the best and now ima log off.

Deleted
    Everyone will have their preferred playing times and all would want the release time to suit them but that is just not possible, at least with the current one it is best for Trion which is how it should be