Poll: Would you be willing to Unlock LFR as described in this post if Blizz implemented it?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it's needed. There's already a gating system in place that requires people to be geared to 460, which requires heroics or crafting such gear. LFR is and should be THAT easy. Let the organized raiding be the difficult place.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkbark View Post
    Also untrue. Can we let this jaylock thread die now, please?
    How is this untrue? Wether it takes you 30 minutes or 4 hours, you can still complete challenge mode dungeons. Bronze is any time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    This would give you a reason to actually do a few challenge mode dungeons. They are just harder versions of heroics, and would be fun content for casuals to overcome to get into LFR.
    sorry no

challenge modes aren't fun, also if you make it a requirement all you'll get is people asking for nerfs coz they are too hard.

imo keep them at the difficulty and let they only the people that WANT and NOT FORCED to do them do them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would bee cool to drink from the Fountain of the QQers Tears...

But on a real note, I wouldn't mind too much really
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    You realize you can go into challenge modes with 450ish gear and complete it on bronze just fine? I think what it comes down to is people being afraid of having to do something to enter LFR. Its a simple epic quest chain that would get you out in the world doing different things than what you are used to.
    So you earnestly think that everyone should form a group manually (something which is a complete opposite of LFR) and do several challenge mode dungeons to go get an access to a somewhat unrelated content called LFR? Not gonna happen. Best case you can have is to do something in a pick-up group via LFD or a similar tool.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Unlocking LFR shouldn't be harder than LFR.

As far as Blizzard has defined their stance on LFR, it currently is a legitimate way for people who can't raid to see the content and, after altering their stance, a way to get gear for those people and supplement it for raiders. Additionally, they have defined challenge modes as something for much more skilled and hardcore players to do with their time. Why in the world would they mesh LFR, the casual's raiding alternative, with challenge modes, the hardcore player's test of skill.

Not only that, but why would accessing LFR be harder than accessing normals? We have normal Moshu'gan pugs on my server. I've never been in one, but my friend has, and he actually cleared the first three bosses relatively easily. Not sure that he beat Elegon with a pug, but that does seem a bit unlikely. In order for them to create an attunement system to access LFR, they would have to make accessing normal modes harder or also include an attunement system for them.

As far as Blizzard is concerned, the attunement for LFR is getting an average ilvl of 460, i.e. you pretty much need full heroic 463 gear or close to it to get into LFR. There aren't that many other epics available for non-raiders, which means you already have to run a good plenty heroics to get into LFR. Just pretend that there is an attunement quest in those heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    LFR is "I don't do shit and get credit" mode, so nope, this idea sucks. Doing a quest is way harder than completing LFR

Seriously, would love this back in normal/HC modes. Just a small prologue to raid, nothing special, but something that drains you in, that gives you the puropse to be there. Like, what if there was a small quest chain with Klaxxi when they attempt to launch a full scale attack on Heart of Fear (that fails miserably) and you are assigned to go in as a group of commandos to do what the Klaxxi couldn't do? Would at least explain all those impaced corpses.

I'm not much of lore/quest text person but I already got the feeling that your were in conflict with the emperess from the klaxxi dailies.

And "I dont do shit and get credit" is an over simplificiation. LFR is more forgiving, yes. But it is not stand there and get loot =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

They specifically said challenge mode dungeons are aimed at people with less time to commit to the game,.
    thats a load of BS they said that about lfr, they said that challenge mods were for people that wanted a challenge and for people that wana flap their e-peen about

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    also if you make it a requirement all you'll get is people asking for nerfs coz they are too hard.
    This is a reality of how things work. Force people to do challenge modes because you think you are so pro and can rub whatever time you got in their faces, and blizz will nerf your challenge modes so your time doesn't mean crap any more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Non LFR raids don't have gear requirements upon entry...
    I KNOW that... reread what I responded to.. OP wants to impose more requirements on LFR... I said, ok... lets impose (what I listed) as requirements for Normal and Heroic...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Boring. ZZZZZZZ.

An epic quest chain that would inevitably get you to that 460 ilvl through heroics and quests and such would be much more fun than endless heroic grinding.
    OK but then to be fair make a similar quest chain where you need to get gold in every challenge mode before you're allowed to do normal raids. Entering normal raids is so easy and boring. You don't have an ilvl requirement or anything else so make it interesting with an epic questline so that raiders have to work for the privilege of doing normal and later on heroic raids. Oh and make heroic raids scale your ilvl down (not up) to what drops in normal mode so that it stays a challenge and let it only drop transmog gear (same look, just other color).

LFR is designed to be entry level raiding. You have a very high ilvl requirement so that it's very easy and drops good gear so that you have it a little bit easier in normal raids. All you want is to make raiding in itself more exclusive than it is today so that you can fell like a special snowflake.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Seriously, they've had to nerf it twice now and it will probably still have cause regular "2/3 queues" to pop up. Garalon was so friggin overtuned for LFR it's ridiculous. One rogue could wipe the raid.
    Normally my guild queues up with 10 to 20 ppl to do LFR on an off raid night and we got 4 or 5 2/3 group queues that needed that many. Finally we got a fresh run. Then we went in and stomped the boss but having that many ppl working as a group is something you never have in a truly random LFR. I do wonder how bad things are for ppl that wait until the weekend or even worse Monday night to do that place.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

How did I know who posed this question before even opening the thread?

Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    OK but then to be fair make a similar quest chain where you need to get gold in every challenge mode before you're allowed to do normal raids. Entering normal raids is so easy and boring. You don't have an ilvl requirement or anything else so make it interesting with an epic questline so that raiders have to work for the privilege of doing normal and later on heroic raids. Oh and make heroic raids scale your ilvl down (not up) to what drops in normal mode so that it stays a challenge and let it only drop transmog gear (same look, just other color).

LFR is designed to be entry level raiding. You have a very high ilvl requirement so that it's very easy and drops good gear so that you have it a little bit easier in normal raids. All you want is to make raiding in itself more exclusive than it is today so that you can fell like a special snowflake.
    So a big time sink requirement that isn't needed, great solution. Go run every dungeon until you do it in a fast enough time in a 5 man setting that has nothing to do with a 10 or 25 man raid, brilliant! I know this was just a retort to a silly idea that LFR should require some sort of stupid ass attunement. It is fascinating how much the collective of WoW players get caught up in what strangers they will never see or run into are doing. I wonder if foodies flip out over what dinner some strangers in Novia Scotia are eating. Maybe some musicians are flipping out over the Justin Bieber song some 12 year old I Miami is listening to.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Gating LFR behind challenge modes makes as much sense as gating random BGs behind 2.2k arena rating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    What if you had to do a simple quest chain that involved doing a three to four challenge mode dungeons and gathering keys to build a device that gave you access to LFR?
    Why casuals - which is the main target audience for LFR - would do CHALLENGE mode dungeons - which targets hardcore players - to get access to LFR? Personnally, I would not even consider doing it. But I would not disagree to a more conventional quest chain. I could see something similar to the Thrall quest chain we got in 4.2.

..You have to be a certain iLevel to unlock it as is.

How does this even make sense?

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 05:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    How did I know who posed this question before even opening the thread?
    ^This. A thousand times this.

I'm beginning to think Jaylock sits at home thinking of ways to begin flame wars on the Forums every freaking day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    You realize you can go into challenge modes with 450ish gear and complete it on bronze just fine? I think what it comes down to is people being afraid of having to do something to enter LFR. Its a simple epic quest chain that would get you out in the world doing different things than what you are used to.
    What is your obsession with challenge dungeons? The principle of attunement is not bad but it is the activity you suggest who is.

Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    What is your obsession with challenge dungeons? The principle of attunement is not bad but it is the activity you suggest who is.
    It's apparently his only argument which in and of itself makes no sense.

If you don't have common sense, you can't beat a Challenge Mode.

If you have no skill, you can't do that either.

Trust me..I've joined a few PUGs trying to do them.

..What a shit show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

LFR is a place where Heroic raiders go to complain about how terrible everybody else is. Sadly, they are Forced into LFR by International law. They are also unable to form their own groups and run LFR with known good players, they are again FORCED into LFR with at least 17 other "mouth breathers" To cater to this, Blizzard needs to make the requirements for running LFR equal to running Heroic raids. There should be written exams, UI reviews and 16 random in game test, administered by partial judges who don't want you there.

Heroic raiders shouldn't be FORCED to suffer with those disgusting casual players. Blizzard needs to do something to weed out the casual players from the Heroic Raiders' raids! Blizzard needs to come up with a new raid, that doesn't award anything, not even an achievement, only has 1 boss. Basically, they need to make LFR spawn you at a location with a giant training dummy that never dies. WHATEVER it takes to keep those casuals out of their raids!