Page 7 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Yes. It totally makes sense.
    The fact that their land was stolen in matter of days had NOTHING to do with it.
    Their land? the area was controlled by many empires and both the jews and arabs maintained presence in palestine, what makes the arabs the only ones entitled for it?
    The nearby countries couldn't live with the thought of living side by side with jews. was and always will remain as the root of the conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavett View Post
    Their land? the area was controlled by many empires and both the jews and arabs maintained presence in palestine, what makes the arabs the only ones entitled for it?
    The nearby countries couldn't live with the thought of living side by side with jews. was and always will remain as the root of the conflict.
    The Jews only legally owned 7 percent of the land, yet they wanted 56 percent of the country. LOL???

Maybe instead of trying to take land that didn't belong to them, they could have taken their fair share (7%)?
    Last edited by Purlina; 2012-11-13 at 04:14 PM.

Deleted
    Absolutely not. Palestinians lived there. There was also talks of Palestinian independence in the early 1900s. Israel took the land by force. They proposed and absurd deal. And they also kept breaking it to add insult to injury.
    Man history is there to be read you can't say what you want when you talk about what happened if its documented.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Absolutely not. Palestinians lived there. There was also talks of Palestinian independence in the early 1900s. Israel took the land by force. They proposed and absurd deal. And they also kept breaking it to add insult to injury.
    Man history is there to be read you can't say what you want when you talk about what happened if its documented.
    And i ask again what makes the Arabs more entitled to that land than any other group of people who maintained presence in Palestine?

And i ask again what makes the Arabs more entitled to that land than any other group of people who maintained presence in Palestine?
    They owned more of the land, the Jews only owned 7%. Yet they wanted 56%....

Basically the Jews wanted to steal land.

Deleted
    No one is "more entitled". And that's exactly the point of it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Liara View Post
    Your entire argument is based around the premise that before Israel, there was a country in this area. There wasn't. Your point is moot.
    The British controlled the land, and since there was no owner, then they were the next best thing.

But instead of accepting the land proposed to the Arabs who were living here, they decided to attack and try and take everything by force.

The 5 countries had zero relevance, they just attacked because they didn't like the idea of Israel. They were never in this area. No country lost land due to the formation of Israel (though they did afterwards, in wars, and even though I'd have preferred they keep the WB and the Gaza Strip, it's their own failure that resulted in losing those areas).
    Now your putting words in my mouth....

A country does not exist because of a central government but because people share certain customs and believes. Palestinians and Arabs in general lived in that specific area for centuries, this is a historical fact. You can't just remove people from their own lands and think that they will accept it.

And can you even explain why the Arabs at that time should have even accepted a proposal to divide the land? It was their land, their was living human beings that actually owned the land and had/have the papers to prove it that it was their property.

And your kind of ignoring my counter argument and just repeating yourself. By your own logic the land itself should have gone back at worst to Turkey since they where the legal rulers and at best divided between the other Arab nations.

And if we go with your twisted logic then we can say that the Native Americans have no place in the USA, because even though they lived in North America their was Indian country. However I kind of doubt that their is a single American who can even deny the fact that native Americans have lived long before any of the white population.

Anyway Israel claims the land based on religion and because of a even that happened a few thousand years ago. Palestinians claim the land because they legally own it and because they actually lived their before being forcefully removed.

10+ Year Old Account
    On the one hand, both sides seem to operate under the "we will keep bombing until we have peace" strategy, which is morally reprehensible and militarily foolish. (Unless they're aiming for a Roman "makes themselves a desert and call it a peace strategy," but even then, I doubt the international condemnation would be worth the cost.)

On the other hand, only one side has an established history of killing peace activists.

Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    They owned more of the land, the Jews only owned 7%. Yet they wanted 56%....

Basically the Jews wanted to steal land.
    No, the Arabs stole the land from its rightful owner, the Byzantine Empire. There were no Arabs at all in Palestine, Judea or Israel prior to AD 640.

"Palestine" is the Philistine Pentapolis, i.e. Ashkelon, Ashdod, Ekron, Gath, and Gaza. Judaea and Israel are the old Kingdoms of the Hebrews, and the Arabs have no historical claim on them.

In fact, no matter where you dig in Israel, you find Greek inscriptions. So I suppose that we own Israel as well, right? At least we have better claim on Israel than the Arabs do, since we were there before them.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    No, the Arabs stole the land from its rightful owner, the Byzantine Empire. There were no Arabs at all in Palestine, Judea or Israel prior to AD 640.

"Palestine" is the Philistine Pentapolis, i.e. Ashkelon, Ashdod, Ekron, Gath, and Gaza. Judaea and Israel are the old Kingdoms of the Hebrews, and the Arabs have no historical claim on them.

In fact, no matter where you dig in Israel, you find Greek inscriptions. So I suppose that we own Israel as well, right? At least we have better claim on Israel than the Arabs do, since we were there before them.
    I'm gonna say there's an unofficial statute of limitations on territorial claims. No, Greece doesn't get to claim Tehran, and Italy doesn't get to claim London. One of the big differences is that the majority of the population of London isn't Italian, while there are still loads of Palestinians living in Palestine.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I'm gonna say there's an unofficial statute of limitations on territorial claims. No, Greece doesn't get to claim Tehran, and Italy doesn't get to claim London. One of the big differences is that the majority of the population of London isn't Italian, while there are still loads of Palestinians living in Palestine.
    Like I said, Palestine is the Philistine Pentapolis, i.e. Ashkelon, Ashdod, Ekron, Gath, and Gaza. What you have inside your brain as "Palestine" is in fact the ancient kingdoms of Israel and Judaea.

I have noted that some Americans, typically anti-semites, tend to think that Palestine=modern day Israel. I tend to forgive them because American knowledge of history is very weak and they are also quite disconnected from the region. Your perception of Palestine is historically INcorrect.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    none of this "historical fact" matters compared to moving out arab residents and giving their homes and businesses to israelis, depriving arab farms of water and supplying that same water to illegal israeli settlements. its a corrupt apartheid system that treats arabs as inferior in the eyes of the law and deprives them of their rights and property. no wonder they hate israel.

Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    none of this "historical fact" matters compared to moving out arab residents and giving their homes and businesses to israelis, depriving arab farms of water and supplying that same water to illegal israeli settlements. its a corrupt apartheid system that treats arabs as inferior in the eyes of the law and deprives them of their rights and property. no wonder they hate israel.
    All that makes you mad? Really? How do you think the Christians felt when the Arab Muslims did the same to them back in the years after the Hegira?

Why do Arab speaking Christians, even today, choose to go serve in the Israeli Army? Probably because you Muslims treat them like pigs or perhaps because they know what will happen to them after Hamas takes power?

Like perhaps what happened to the Christians in Lebanon where they were genocided by Arab Muslims?

All that makes you mad? Really? How do you think the Christians felt when the Arab Muslims did the same to them back in the years after the Hegira?
    Are you really comparing blood shed now? Christians should not be the ones to throw stones based on their history...

The hypocrisy is delicious…
    Last edited by Purlina; 2012-11-13 at 05:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like I said, Palestine is the Philistine Pentapolis, i.e. Ashkelon, Ashdod, Ekron, Gath, and Gaza. What you have inside your brain as "Palestine" is in fact the ancient kingdoms of Israel and Judaea.

I have noted that some Americans, typically anti-semites, tend to think that Palestine=modern day Israel. I tend to forgive them because American knowledge of history is very weak and they are also quite disconnected from the region. Your perception of Palestine is historically INcorrect.
    I do hope you aren't calling me an anti-semite, or suggesting that my knowledge of history is weak. I'm fully aware of what the historical situation is, but I don't think it's relevant today any more than I think London once being Londinium, a part of Rome's empire, is relevant to its geopolitical status today. It might be relevant if the population of London were still 80% Roman and wanted to remain separate from the rest of England, but the fact is a whole lot of history happened in the interim, and the facts have changed. The same is true of Israel. It was once the Kingdom of the Jews in ancient times, but then it wasn't for a very very long time, and the people who lived on that land changed.

I think Israel absolutely has a right to be in Israel, but they need to stop being such horrible neighbors to the modern Palestinians living there today.

Deleted

That's just plain gibberish and makes no sense whatsoever. None at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    Are you really comparing blood shed now? Christians should not be the ones to throw stones based on their history...

The hypocrisy is delicious…
    I am GREEK. We did NOT do the Crusades. The Pope did. In fact, the Fourth (IV) Crusade was directed against US. It is OUR blood they shed. Stop playing the victim, such bs has no effect on us, as we are neither Brits nor Americans.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    Yet more hyperbole and myth wrapped up in lies. I'm a Scottish white male btw raised as a Christian not a Muslim I've just made the effort to educate myself. Carry on though, most educated western people now see through your lies and see the biggest threat to world peace is a rogue apartheid nuclear armed state like Israel. How about Israel submits to nuclear inspections or is that only for other countries?

10+ Year Old Account
    I am GREEK. We did NOT do the Crusades. The Pope did. In fact, the Fourth (IV) Crusade was directed against US. It is OUR blood they shed. Stop playing the victim, such bs has no effect on us, as we are neither Brits nor Americans.
    Please stop bashing America. It has absolutely no relevance to what you're saying. It seems like it's just a sort of internet Tourette's Syndrom. "I had a tasty lunch today, and Americans are ignorant." "We Greeks weren't in the crusades, and by the way, all Americans are gullible and believe BS."

You said:

"How do you think the Christians felt when..."

I don't see nationality in there, do you?