Page 8 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I do hope you aren't calling me an anti-semite, or suggesting that my knowledge of history is weak. I'm fully aware of what the historical situation is, but I don't think it's relevant today any more than I think London once being Londinium, a part of Rome's empire, is relevant to its geopolitical status today. It might be relevant if the population of London were still 80% Roman and wanted to remain separate from the rest of England, but the fact is a whole lot of history happened in the interim, and the facts have changed. The same is true of Israel. It was once the Kingdom of the Jews in ancient times, but then it wasn't for a very very long time, and the people who lived on that land changed.

I think Israel absolutely has a right to be in Israel, but they need to stop being such horrible neighbors to the modern Palestinians living there today.
    Arabs base their claims on Israel on history too hence my historical notes. You should visit Israel and see for yourself how terrible neighbours the Israelis are. You should try say that to Arab youth dancing inside Israeli nightclubs. They won't hear you b/c of loud music.

I am Greek, hence impartial, but really the amount of anti-israel propaganda on western media sometimes makes even me sick. I have also seen a LOT of lies presented as fact, and all that is directed against the Israelis or trying to harm Israel in some way.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 05:17 PM ----------

Please stop bashing America. It has absolutely no relevance to what you're saying. It seems like it's just a sort of internet Tourette's Syndrom. "I had a tasty lunch today, and Americans are ignorant." "We Greeks weren't in the crusades, and by the way, all Americans are gullible and believe BS."
    Not at all, Americans are great people and America is a great country. But you are also naive, and you tend to fall for Arab propaganda. Texas is my one of my fav states, great people, great beer. Nothing in my posts should be taken as Anti-American, as I am not.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Arabs base their claims on Israel on history too hence my historical notes.
    I thought they based their claims on the property deeds that they had when the whole fiasco went down. But maybe that's just me....

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Kudos to Israel for not just exterminating them.
    Maybe this was sarcasm and if so it's done in bad taste. Otherwise this is probably the most disgusting view on this matter I've ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Not at all, Americans are great people and America is a great country. But you are also naive, and you tend to fall for Arab propaganda. Texas is my one of my fav states, great people, great beer. Nothing in my posts should be taken as Anti-American, as I am not.
    LOL Americans fall for Arab propaganda? Not sure what country your thinking of, but it's not America...

10+ Year Old Account
    Most Americans take it as an article of faith that Israel can do no wrong, so I'm not sure where you're getting that from. I'm kind of a minority position on this because I have a Palestinian cousin who has described his life growing up in Gaza to me.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    The ADD-riddled Eurokids that hang out here will derail any political thread into a discussion on how the United States is going to destroy the universe. Nothing new on MMO-Champ, won't change unless some sort of age-detecting technology bans anyone below age 25. ;P Most folks older than that are smart enough to know there's a lot more to the problems of this world than one big superbully causing issues.
    Which category do you fall into with your childish name calling?

Most Americans take it as an article of faith that Israel can do no wrong, so I'm not sure where you're getting that from. I'm kind of a minority position on this because I have a Palestinian cousin who has described his life growing up in Gaza to me.
    I think he got it backwards, when was the last time you saw a piece of Pro-Arab advertisement / propaganda? As far as I know Rambo III was the last movie (1988) that showed Arabs in a positive light.

And that's only because they where fighting the Russians....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    I think he got it backwards, when was the last time you saw a piece of Pro-Arab advertisement / propaganda? As far as I know Rambo III was the last movie that showed Arabs in a positive light.

And that's only because they where fighting the Russians....
    Heh, you did better than me. The last one I could remember was Lawrence of Arabia.

I think that the following photo should give you food for thought:

This is Sgt. Eleanor Joseph, Christian Arab serving with an IDF Para unit. Please try to think the reasons why Christian Arabs go and serve in the Israeli Army, and maybe you will understand that things aren't quite so monolithic as the Arab Muslims, typically Hamas, like to present them:

Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

10+ Year Old Account

This is Sgt. Eleanor Joseph, Christian Arab serving with an IDF Para unit. Please try to think the reasons why Christian Arabs go and serve in the Israeli Army, and maybe you will understand that things aren't quite so monolithic as the Arab Muslims, typically Hamas, likes to present them:

No, I don't think things are monolithic, but I also don't think abuses aren't happening. She is awfully cute, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Is Israel still prevents goods that is needed to rebuild a country from getting in?
    Is Israel still controlling the borders?
    is Israel still bombing tunnels used by Palestinians even though their is a cease fire?

All of the answers are Yes for the first reason alone you can expect resistance and also even when Palestinian groups weren't.'t bombing Israel you had the Israel arm bombing Palestinians.

It sucks that civilians get involved but the Palestinians are the weaker party, the weaker party will use any mean necessary to achieve their freedom.

The complaints about the actions of Palestinians reminds me about a movie I saw regarding the struggle in Algeria. The movie is praised because it shows the dirty things done by port parties however the only thing I see is the French suppressing the Algerian people and people in Algeria doing everything that is needed to remove the foreign oppressors.

And lets be honest, their isn't a single country that would accept creating a different country within their own country. The true irony is that in certain country -allot of them are pro-israel- politicians accuse muslims of trying to take over the country, this is literately what happened in Palestinian during the period of ww1 and ww2.
    Pretty much this.

Deleted
    I have no real opinion on the subject due to lack of unbiased information, but I want to say that Israeli soldiers have always been very restrained and professional every time I have worked with them. Batshit insane but they are a joy to work with, I cannot see them portrayed as the murderers people here are claiming.

This is Sgt. Eleanor Joseph, Christian Arab serving with an IDF Para unit. Please try to think the reasons why Christian Arabs go and serve in the Israeli Army, and maybe you will understand that things aren't quite so monolithic as the Arab Muslims, typically Hamas, like to present them.
    There are Christian Arabs that support Palestine as well.

Trying to spread some propaganda of your own eh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    I have no real opinion on the subject due to lack of unbiased information, but I want to say that Israeli soldiers have always been very restrained and professional every time I have worked with them. Batshit insane but they are a joy to work with, I cannot see them portrayed as the murderers people here are claiming.
    I'm not claiming they're murderers, though there have been some unarmed protesters shot in tense moments, unfortunately. I don't blame Israel overall for that. I do blame Israel for passing laws defining territorial boundaries, then letting developers build in the Palestinian territory and using the Israeli military to protect those builders, all against Israeli law. That's not cool. I understand why the Palestinians are upset when the Israelis have failed to live up to the terms of their agreements. Also, the walls going up all over the place splitting communities is pretty uncool.

Deleted
    I'm not claiming they're murderers, though there have been some unarmed protesters shot in tense moments, unfortunately. I don't blame Israel overall for that. I do blame Israel for passing laws defining territorial boundaries, then letting developers build in the Palestinian territory and using the Israeli military to protect those builders, all against Israeli law. That's not cool. I understand why the Palestinians are upset when the Israelis have failed to live up to the terms of their agreements. Also, the walls going up all over the place splitting communities is pretty uncool.
    I really feel sorry for Israel, they are completely surrounded by people that hate them, they can protect themselves for now but thats getting tougher to do. It reminds me of a Lion about to get pecked to death by a flock of ducks.

I am Greek, hence impartial, but really the amount of anti-israel propaganda on western media sometimes makes even me sick. I have also seen a LOT of lies presented as fact, and all that is directed against the Israelis or trying to harm Israel in some way.
    as reeve said, i really dont know where you are getting this idea. the media and politics here are overwhelmingly pro-israel, to the point of absurdity honestly. you cant hardly voice protest over israel doing something fucked up (which they sometimes do) without someone calling you an anti-semite.

most of us just wish they would figure something out so everybody can get along down there

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Again, looking at Russia. They've possibly sponsored more genocidal regimes than America has. I'd guess by a pretty comfortable margin.

Let's just say that it's no coincidence that most of the world's most brutal dictators used old Soviet weapons.
    Sponsored to the same extent for the same amount of time? I strongly doubt that the USA has sponsored less, to be fair.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    I really feel sorry for Israel, they are completely surrounded by people that hate them, they can protect themselves for now but thats getting tougher to do. It reminds me of a Lion about to get pecked to death by a flock of ducks.
    Well yeah, when you want to take someones property they are going to hate you.

The Native Americans where not exactly happy to see us when we started pushing them off their land.

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    as reeve said, i really dont know where you are getting this idea. the media and politics here are overwhelmingly pro-israel, to the point of absurdity honestly. you cant hardly voice protest over israel doing something fucked up (which they sometimes do) without someone calling you an anti-semite.

most of us just wish they would figure something out so everybody can get along down there
    It is b/c I 've been to Israel and I have lived events and then happened to see the way they were presented in the West. I remember in particular a single event in which an IDF officer supposedly shot an Arab boy, and how it was then relayed to the West and East. Israel get a LOT of mud thrown at them.
    Last edited by Sturmbringe; 2012-11-13 at 05:51 PM.

It is b/c I 've been to Israel and I have lived events and then happened to see the way they were presented in the West. I remember in particular a single event in which an IDF officer supposedly shot an Arab boy, and how it was then relayed to the West and East. Israel gets a LOT of mud thrown at them.
    I keep hearing about this mud, but I have not seen any. Do you have any articles, or is it all hearsay?

And seriously your example is a shot boy? Can't they just have an independent party examine the bullet, compare it to the ammo used by the officers? Done.
    Last edited by Purlina; 2012-11-13 at 05:53 PM.