Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    BR players playing on english realms prob are better with internet etiquette than br realm players.

In any case communication is part of every grp activity so I don't understand Blizzards attitude about it. My personal experience is that whenever I grp up with people who speak language I can't understand it makes me have worse time. I'd get seriously pissed if I had tanks in lfr that didn't speak english.
    I find it insulting whenever someone speaks language that other people can't understand in lfg or bg.
    I understand you perfectly. In my guild there's me, english and scottish people, danish, swedish and norwegian people, and even russians. everyone of us has their own language, but the fact that we can use a common language -english- to communicate makes us have experiences and play with people that otherwise we'de never have/play with if there was a language barrier.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 08:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    I try to kick BR players every chance I get jajajaja
    I think you mean kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

I kid, i kid :P

Deleted
    The xenophobia here is staggering. As for using any online translator, they're unreliable at the best of times, never mind when you use ingame terminology and acronyms - trying to translate "res sickness" and "FYI" - and you're not seriously requesting that Blizzard develop an ingame translation tool capable of trumping Google's, are you?

If you're not prepared to accept that playing with people whom you aren't capable of communicating with, skill notwithstanding, queue with people from your own realm.

10+ Year Old Account
    It works a lot better if you just think a bit before trying to translate. I altered your original message to:

Can you please activate defensive stance? For your information, warriors wear chainmail armor at your level (strength and stamina). Also, why do you have resurrection sickness?

And got:

Por favor você pode ativar postura defensiva? Para sua informação, os guerreiros usam armaduras cota de malha em seu nível (força e resistência). Além disso, por que você tem a doença ressurreição?

Retranslated:

Please can you activate defensive posture? For your information, the warriors wear chainmail armor at your level (strength and endurance). Also, why do you have the resurrection sickness?

Suddenly it's perfectly understandable, with only small losses in grammar. All you have to do is pay attention to what you're saying and use correct grammar in your original message.

| PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

10+ Year Old Account
    I made a thread about this on the forums, was trying to be calm and concise as possible - I received a 48 hour ban for racism.

I'm not sure Blizzard cares at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it insulting whenever someone speaks language that other people can't understand in lfg or bg.
    Well, that goes both ways. You're speaking a language he might not understand, either. Under that same logic, it would be offensive for you speak if you ended up in a group with a BR player, just as much as him ending up in a group with you. Should everyone just be silent at the risk of offending the people that might not be familiar with their language?

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

BR players playing on english realms prob are better with internet etiquette than br realm players.

In any case communication is part of every grp activity so I don't understand Blizzards attitude about it. My personal experience is that whenever I grp up with people who speak language I can't understand it makes me have worse time. I'd get seriously pissed if I had tanks in lfr that didn't speak english.
    I couldnt agree more about etiquette part; I believe that players who were around before the Brazilian launch of WoW and had to play in the US servers previous to having our own have a better etiquette overall.

In most cases you only have to spam the name of the character/role and the spell you want them to use like "TANK, TAUNT" people should know what you want and act based on that. I know that theres a lot of places where it wont work (LFR Garalon Im sure) but in most cases it should do.

And please dont be insulted by people talking a different language near you, they're not invading your place or somthing like that, if Blizzard queues them up with you its their place as well.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eruionmel View Post
    It works a lot better if you just think a bit before trying to translate. I altered your original message to:

Can you please activate defensive stance? For your information, warriors wear chainmail armor at your level (strength and stamina). Also, why do you have resurrection sickness?

And got:

Por favor você pode ativar postura defensiva? Para sua informação, os guerreiros usam armaduras cota de malha em seu nível (força e resistência). Além disso, por que você tem a doença ressurreição?

Retranslated:

Please can you activate defensive posture? For your information, the warriors wear chainmail armor at your level (strength and endurance). Also, why do you have the resurrection sickness?

Suddenly it's perfectly understandable, with only small losses in grammar. All you have to do is pay attention to what you're saying and use correct grammar in your original message.
    yep, kinda accurate

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Brazilian here, and really i don't even know where to start this post, but let's try.

- OP said that every time he groups with a brazilian, he feels the need to correct him, as if ALL of the brazilian player base were made of noobs and retarded people. Maybe he grouped with me several times and didn't notice, maybe he grouped with many english speaker brazilians and NEVER noticed. But when he groups with some fail ones, it means all brazilians are bad.

- I transfered to a brazilian realm and i have never seen pallies using agi gear, or rogues using int leather and stuff like that.

- I already played with many fail players from U.S. And never came here crying because of this.

- Most brazilians will get very upset if you try to speak in spanish with them, including me.

- I can't understand why ahuahuahauah "sounds" retarted, and stuff like "rofl", "lmao" does not

- If you join a random heroic, and by any chance you see that 3, or 4 of them are brazilian, don't expect them to speak english during the run. Really, you are there just to fill the group, and since they are probably friends, it would be not fun for them to speak english just because of a special snowflake.

- WoW came to Brazil last year, it means the game is now much cheaper and accessible for brazilians, since we don't need to have an international credit card to buy it, nor use dollar , but our own currency. So there are many starters, who are willing to learn about the game and have fun. Just like were during vanilla wow, when the majority of the player base were still learning about the game and there were noobs everywhere. I think its safe to say many of those starters are 12y/o kids, so don't expect them to speak english.

- And to finish, we here have a life.... huauhauhahuauhahuauhuhauhauhahua
    Last edited by igualitarist; 2012-11-13 at 09:14 PM. Reason: grammar

15+ Year Old Account
    Thank god EU servers aren't like that. Occasionally you have a douchy Dutch person (yes, most annoying people are Dutch. Might be because I understand them though.) or a Turk/Swede/Dane feeling he doesn't need to speak English, but those don't have their own server. In my battlegroup, there's only European servers and just one Portuguese (Aggra). These Portuguese people have never been as annoying as Dutchies or just speak their own language.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

10+ Year Old Account
    *rubs eyes*

It might just be me feeling drunk from the alcohol in the flu medication I'm taking (head spinning), but I swear this thread had a different name for the two previous days.

OT: I rarely notice them when I'm in heroics with them, probably because most of the time no one talks anyways. If I ever had a problem I'd probably just leave the group instead of trying to vote kick them. The issues I ran into with the Brazilian population were honestly much worse when I played Aion than during all my time on WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Zylvith View Post
    The xenophobia here is staggering. As for using any online translator, they're unreliable at the best of times, never mind when you use ingame terminology and acronyms - trying to translate "res sickness" and "FYI" - and you're not seriously requesting that Blizzard develop an ingame translation tool capable of trumping Google's, are you?

If you're not prepared to accept that playing with people whom you aren't capable of communicating with, skill notwithstanding, queue with people from your own realm.
    This is exactly the attitude that Blizz takes to this issue, and it's wrong.

It is NOT xenophobic to say people who don't speak English in raid groups creates insurmountable difficulties.
    For example, as I stated in a different thread, I work in a completely customer service based job. I deal with people who come in who speak poor English, or no English as a weekly, and sometimes daily, occurance. At no point do I complain about them, or feel they should "learn English or leave," while they are trying to work with me to solve their problem. I will spend a ton more time (and payroll) trying to use different words and phrasing, and even guestures and pictures, to get to an understanding with people with different languages, and have even taken my time and money to learn Spanish, as this is the most common language I encounter.

Am I then a xenophobe for being intolerant of the non-English speakers who come into my workplace, and resort to hostility when the staff cannot understand them, after doing everything they can to try and help? No.
    And, just as in WoW, there's every bit the same amount of hostiles I throw out that speak English.

It's still frustrating to have a game - which you pay for for entertainment - throw you in these situations, and then call you racists on top of it. "Your tank keeps standing in shit, and can't understand you when you try and help? Shut up and deal with it, you racist" just seems like bad business...

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentsatellite View Post
    This is exactly the attitude that Blizz takes to this issue, and it's wrong.

It is NOT xenophobic to say people who don't speak English in raid groups creates insurmountable difficulties.
    For example, as I stated in a different thread, I work in a completely customer service based job. I deal with people who come in who speak poor English, or no English as a weekly, and sometimes daily, occurance. At no point do I complain about them, or feel they should "learn English or leave," while they are trying to work with me to solve their problem. I will spend a ton more time (and payroll) trying to use different words and phrasing, and even guestures and pictures, to get to an understanding with people with different languages, and have even taken my time and money to learn Spanish, as this is the most common language I encounter.

Am I then a xenophobe for being intolerant of the non-English speakers who come into my workplace, and resort to hostility when the staff cannot understand them, after doing everything they can to try and help? No.
    And, just as in WoW, there's every bit the same amount of hostiles I throw out that speak English.

It's still frustrating to have a game - which you pay for for entertainment - throw you in these situations, and then call you racists on top of it. "Your tank keeps standing in shit, and can't understand you when you try and help? Shut up and deal with it, you racist" just seems like bad business...
    It's xenophobic to say that all of the brazilians are bad, or that the majority of them are. I don't agree with the term racist though, since we are not a race.
    I would give full support for a brazilian only battlegroup, CRZ or dungeon queues (maybe even latin only). But i don't see this happening in a short run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by igualitarist View Post
    It's xenophobic to say that all of the brazilians are bad, or that the majority of them are. I don't agree with the term racist though, since we are not a race.
    I would give full support for a brazilian only battlegroup, CRZ or dungeon queues (maybe even latin only). But i don't see this happening in a short run.
    but it's true, most of them are terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    This thread makes me facepalm at americans a bit...

1. The language of Brazil is Portugese, not Brazilian
    2. Yup. Deal with it? People in european realms have absolutely no problems having proper groups running where there are like dozens of different languages. Most guilds are even international guilds of multiple nationalities.
    battle stance tanking originated on warsong US. when a motherfucker doesn't know what he's doing and you can't tell him, you're usually fucked. when there is a language barrier, and everyone isn't doing everything right, you are fucked. BRs aren't in queue with americans for our benefit, it's for your benefit.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

You have no idea how many bad U.S players i've seen in this game. The advantage is that you can communicate with them, but this does not mean they are good.
    Last edited by igualitarist; 2012-11-14 at 12:44 AM.

really, most of every group is terrible but yeah, i vividly remember the worst players i've seen being from warsong US and when they got their own realms, those realms were so fucking bad. then to top it all off they spam jajajajaja while you're trying to communicate how fucking awful they are to them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by igualitarist View Post
    You have no idea how many bad U.S players i've seen in this game. The advantage is that you can communicate with them, but that does not mean they are good.
    and this makes the difference, you can tell them to fix the mistakes. What do you say to a BR? All you get is jajajaajjaajajajajja

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    battle stance tanking originated on warsong US. when a motherfucker doesn't know what he's doing and you can't tell him, you're usually fucked. when there is a language barrier, and everyone isn't doing everything right, you are fucked. BRs aren't in queue with americans for our benefit, it's for your benefit.
    In case you don't know, we have a portuguese version of the game, so there's no benefit in playing with a U.S guy, other than making our queues faster.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 09:32 PM ----------

and this makes the difference, you can tell them to fix the mistakes. What do you say to a BR? All you get is jajajaajjaajajajajja
    If they are doing jajajajajajaja they are not br. it sounds pretty strange to us actually.

Yes, it makes the difference, but thats not my point.
    Last edited by igualitarist; 2012-11-13 at 09:34 PM.

Problem is, Latin America and Brazilian servers need to queue with American servers, or else the queues could not be fulfilled.

Most Brazilians I play with can speak english with no problem. Sometimes you don't even realize they are Portuguese speakers.

Also, there are some great braizlian players. Tough, I have to agree that some of them are really terri-bad. Not that this matters too much, Pandaria heroic are quite easy even with a clueless player.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    really, most of every group is terrible but yeah, i vividly remember the worst players i've seen being from warsong US and when they got their own realms, those realms were so fucking bad. then to top it all off they spam jajajajaja while you're trying to communicate how fucking awful they are to them
    I know you guys are trolling but jajajaja is not even the way BRs laugh.