Page 15 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Well first of all, we mopped the floor with North Korea. Like, absolutely obliterated them. It was the Chinese that gave us trouble.

But yes, the Vietkong were honorless cowards. I'm not sure what you expected me to say...
    And they won. Did you honestly expect them to abide by the Geneva convention when your country doesn't, even now?

No, they were not. And we put them in prison for it. What's your point?
    That there is no honor in war. Everyone wants to tie a pretty ribbon around a piece of crap and romanticize about how "good" their side is.

Side A is "evil" and did XYZ! Well look at your own damn side, I am sure they did something "evil" as well.

The reality is most of the times both sides are bad.
    Last edited by Purlina; 2012-11-13 at 08:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    I am saying that honor has nothing to do with it. Where our soldiers who committed the My Lai Massacre honorable?

There is little to no honor in war, it's just a lie made up so people can sleep at night.
    My Lai was shameful, disgraceful, and definitely not honorable, and anyone that tells you otherwise simply doesn't know what they are talking about. However, My Lai wasn't, isn't and never will be a common occurrence.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    And they won. Did you honestly expect them to abide by the Geneva convention when your country doesn't, even now?
    I give no fucks about the Geneva convention right now. I'm talking about honor. It is dishonorable to use civilians as shields, and good men would prefer to die in battle than to hide like a coward.

Geneva Convention or not, only dogs do such things.

I am still baffled by how touchy people get about Israel. Multiple genocides are happening simultaneously throughout the world right now, and nobody ever makes threads about those. Not a single fuck is given for the thousands of innocents slaughtered every year in Africa or Southeast Asia. But when Israel retaliates against Palestinian rebels? Hold on to your ass, because this is an international emergency! Forget about ethnic cleansing and human trafficking, we need to stop Israel RIGHT FUCKING NOW!

Somebody explain that to me.
    It all boils down to racism being hidden inside politically correct statements.
    All in all, people hate Jews. Now everyone will come out and say "We don't hate Jews, we hate Israel for doing X, Y and Z". Screw that, people have been doing X, Y, Z and many more letters before Israel even existed. There is always a "reason" to hate Jews. 80 years ago it was because they were rich and educated, 500 years ago it was because they were poets and artists, 1000 years ago it was because they were traders and wealthy, 2000 years ago it was because they fought against the Roman conquerors, 2300 years ago it was because they fought against their Greek oppressors.

We see anti-Jewish messages daily on television, we see sneaky propaganda, we see subliminal messages on speeches by preachers. If Israel was a Muslim nation, oppressing their own people, or threatening their neighbors, no one would give two shits.

Anyone stating the Israeli-Palestinian issue has nothing to do with religion, is either delusional or simply ignorant. Being attacked by 6 countries on the day your nation is accepted as an actual state/country by the UN is proof enough.

The world media, sadly, isn't objective anymore. Many of these news networks have their own agendas, and, sadly, some of the richest people on earth aren't huge fans of Jewish people as it is.

When someone says "Israeli soldier shoots Palestinian", everyone automatically imagines a bloodthirsty murderer shooting a 12 year old boy, rather than a scared shitless 18-20 year old boy shooting a guy in full Hamas garb firing in his direction.
    You all hear about IDF bombing gaza strip. You never hear about what they bomb (Usually launching pads, placed in sensitive areas to use the deaths of innocents as propaganda in the eyes of the western world)
    You never hear about the countless terrorist attacks made against Israel, most of them censored by the media to avoid the true effect of terrorism (News of it spreading to spread fear, gain recognition and lower morale)

It is always easier to jump the bandwagon and just hate on them damned Jews, than use your heads to think for yourselves. You true supporters: Go visit the areas. I dare you all to spend a month in the Gaza strip and see how Hamas treats their own citizens. Ask the people there, the palestinians working every day in Israel, and the ones unable to do so, what they would prefer. Spend some months in the Israeli towns around the strip, meet the people, meet the soldiers. That is, of course, if Hamas allows you to leave the strip alive. They are known for randomly shooting people who ask too many questions.

It is always easy to judge and support from afar. Just make sure you don't end up jacking off naked in the streets of San Francisco...

I give no fucks about the Geneva convention right now. I'm talking about honor. It is dishonorable to use civilians as shields, and good men would prefer to die in battle than to hide like a coward.

Geneva Convention or not, only dogs do such things.
    War simply is not "honorable". The only way war will ever be "honorable" is if we have cage matches where the leaders of both countries fight to the death.

Leave the rest of the population alone, if the world leaders want to make a mess they should settle it on their own.

That's what I call "honorable".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    What have they given up and not restolen or attacked more land? Israel doesn't want any meaningful peace.
    Perhaps you should read up on the Oslo Accords, it is why the IDF withdrew from Gaza and parts of the West Bank,

In essence, the accords called for the withdrawal of Israeli forces from parts of the Gaza Strip and West Bank, and affirmed a Palestinian right of self-government within those areas through the creation of a Palestinian Interim Self-Government Authority. Palestinian rule was to last for a five-year interim period during which "permanent status negotiations" would commence—no later than May 1996—in order to reach a final agreement. Major issues such as Jerusalem, Palestinian refugees, Israeli settlements, and security and borders were to be decided at these permanent status negotiations (Article V). Israel was to grant interim self-government to the Palestinians in phases.
    Along with the principles, the two groups signed Letters of Mutual Recognition—the Israeli government recognized the PLO as the legitimate representative of the Palestinian people, while the PLO recognized the right of the state of Israel to exist and renounced terrorism as well as other violence, and its desire for the destruction of the Israeli state.
    Now, since y'all cant be bothered to follow Oslo, a reasonable and logical solution, would be expel y'all from Gaza and the West Bank. And I'm damn certain you dont want that.

Y'all want peace, then I think the first step would be recognize Isreal's right to exist, 2nd step would be actually negotiate, at the table... not attempt to negotiate using rockets and suicide bombers...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

War simply is not "honorable". The only way war will ever be "honorable" is if we have cage matches where the leaders of both countries fight to the death.

Leave the rest of the population alone, if the world leaders want to make a mess they should settle it on their own.

i prefer a govt death match. politicians square off, putting their lives where their mouths are. of course that means russia will rule the world, and it might actually make jesse ventura a legitimate candidate again. maybe my plan needs more work, but hey, it's a start

10+ Year Old Account

You may not realize it, but what you just said amounts to the condoning of all the atrocities and cowardly acts that are committed in war. You are giving legitimacy to those who hide behind children to wage their wars.

There are honorable men in war. There are also dishonorable men, and those are the ones that you have chosen to side with.

but kalyyn, you have to admit playing by "marquis of queensboro" rules ALWAYS favors the one that is bigger, stronger, faster. a weaker opponent playing by those rules is going into a known loss. and they want to win, too. im not condoning this, but it is the way it is

Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    Ah, lovely attitude. "I hope you die to solve my pain."

I am not the one supporting a form of genocide, so I do not worry about "karma" biting me back.
    It sure as fuck beats your inconsiderate jackassedness that you displayed with your little comment on those who died. I may disagree with some of the posters here, but I sure as fuck don't resort to such low comments as you did.

And for the record, I don't want you to die (and hence why I didn't say it, although think what you like). I really don't.

And another thing - where in this entire thread have I expressed support for a form of genocide? I dare you to find a single comment that so much as implies that (without being completely twisted).

You may not realize it, but what you just said amounts to the condoning of all the atrocities and cowardly acts that are committed in war. You are giving legitimacy to those who hide behind children to wage their wars.

There are honorable men in war. There are also dishonorable men, and those are the ones that you have chosen to side with.
    No war is ever "honorable", civilians always die. Not one major war has been settled without innocent blood being spilled. And a true war that is "honorable" would have to be fought on equal terms, with equal sizes, and with equal equipment. Pretty much impossible...

Only when leaders fight their own bloody battles by themselves will there be honor in war.
    Last edited by Purlina; 2012-11-13 at 09:28 PM.

No war is ever honorable, civilians always die. Not one war has been settled without innocent blood being spilled.

Only when leaders fight their own bloody battles on their own will there be honor in war.
    Yes, civilians die, but that doesn't seem to be Kalyyn's point.
    It's the fact that some people wage their war from behind children or other civilians, and thus fight dishonorably.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    but kalyyn, you have to admit playing by "marquis of queensboro" rules ALWAYS favors the one that is bigger, stronger, faster. a weaker opponent playing by those rules is going into a known loss. and they want to win, too. im not condoning this, but it is the way it is
    That may be true, but I maintain that it is better to die with honor than to live as a coward.

Quote Originally Posted by Liara View Post
    Yes, civilians die, but that doesn't seem to be Kalyyn's point.
    So where is the honor then?

Innocent blood has been spilled for land? A leaders / nations pride? Resources?

You call that honorable? HAH!
    Last edited by Purlina; 2012-11-13 at 09:32 PM.

So where is the honor then?
    Honor is in fighting without being a coward, and without hiding behind women and children in civilian areas in the hope that they'll die and thus save you.

Quote Originally Posted by Liara View Post
    Honor is in fighting without being a coward, and without hiding behind women and children in civilian areas in the hope that they'll die and thus save you.
    Honor is fighting your own battles, without thousands of sons and daughters of other parents dieing for your cause. For what?

Land? Resources? Pride?

The sooner people stop romanticizing war, the better off the world will be.
    Last edited by Purlina; 2012-11-13 at 09:37 PM.

war isnt honorable never has been never will and i dont think you have heard the term "All is fair in love and war"

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Honor is fighting your own battles, without hundreds of thousands of the sons and daughters of other parents dieing for your cause.
    Fun fact: most of Israeli´s politicians served in the army, for example Sharon was a commander of one of the Sayeret commando teams, so in this case they did fight in their time.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

Honor is fighting your own battles, without hundreds of thousands of the sons and daughters of other parents dieing for your cause.
    Maybe you don't realize this, but if me and my brothers and sisters throughout Israel's history (metaphorical ones, yes?) hadn't served in the IDF, we would have been wiped out in 48'. So in fact, this is very much my own battle, as those around me want me dead and gone (not all, but enough to make it necessary to maintain a formidable military).