Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    A 474 trinket with intellect and intellect proc on damage! How beter can this be, i don't know!

Could've been spirit with spirit on proc, that overbudgeted spirit would've really helped on Mana Tides while everyone was doing raids in blues.

Just to update, DMF trinks are not getting nerfed. The data-mined info was for scaling in challenge modes. They are remaining as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bramstone View Post
    Just to update, DMF trinks are not getting nerfed. The data-mined info was for scaling in challenge modes. They are remaining as is.
    Which is why it's bad to take datamined info without a grain of salt.

Deleted
    Looking at all other current obtainable trinkets in the game, it's best in slot and will be for a very long time. Only good trinket so far I can see is http://www.wowhead.com/item=86327 and you can wear it together with the DMF one, so yes. Spirit in long term will become less viable and Intellect will raise.

Hey there, I'm from Ask Mr. Robot and wanted to stop in about this trinket.

First, I wanted to explain how we handle trinkets. We simulate each trinket for every class and spec to get the average 'up time' for any procced stats. We then assign the average value for those on our trinket page. Next, when you load your character, Mr. Robot applies the right stat weights to each stat on the trinket. In the case of the Relic of Chi Ji, Mr. Robot would assign a stat weight to Int and to the Spirit proc.

If you want the BiS list for pre-raid gear, the Relic of Chi Ji is BiS.

Now, if you want to compare the Relic of Chi Ji to LFR and Valor Point items, here's what the math looks like... you take the amount of the stat multiplied by the stat weight. Using default stat weights, Int is 1 and Spirit is .65.

Relic of Chi Ji *** (We have an old version of the trinket, which has 956 Int on it, instead of 1157. That's why Mr. Robot is putting it lower. We will update this asap)!!!!
    956 Int * 1 = 956
    1079 avg procced spirit * 0.65 = 701
    Total score: 1657

Qin-Xi's Polarizing Seal (LFR Mogu'Shan Vaults)
    956 Spirit * 0.65 = 624
    1042 avg procced int * 1 = 1042
    Total score: 1663

Scroll of Revered Ancestors (Valor Points)
    1079 Int * 1 = 1079
    958 avg procced spirit * 0.65 = 622
    Total score: 1701

Spirits of the Sun (Terrace of Endless Spring LFR)
    1021 Int * 1 = 1021
    1170 avg procced spirit * 0.65 = 760
    Total score: 1781

UPDATED Relic of Chi Ji *** (We have an old version of the trinket, which has 956 Int on it, instead of 1157. That's why Mr. Robot is putting it lower. We will update this asap)!!!!
    1157 Int * 1 = 1157
    Total score: 1858

Another thing to know: if you edit the stat weights, Mr. Robot will recalculate the BiS lists, so other trinkets will likely come out on top - it's all dynamically generated based on what YOU want

That all being said - trinkets can be tricky. So I wanted to see if anyone has feedback as to why they would prefer the Relic over other trinkets, even when the score is higher. **Edit: Thanks to Kesandri for catching that the amount of Int we list on the Relic of Chi Ji is wrong, which we'll be fixing asap. <3 This community
    Last edited by Zoopercat; 2012-11-14 at 01:16 AM.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    Relic of Chi Ji
    956 Int * 1 = 956
    Total score: 1657
    Am I missing something here but the int on this trinket is 1157, not 956? Unless I am being a complete tool would this not explain why your BiS cal is wrong?

Total score of 1858 would easily place this first.
    Last edited by Kesandri; 2012-11-13 at 11:24 PM.
    Keeping everyone happy is impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kesandri View Post
    Am I missing something here but the int on this trinket is 1157, not 956? Unless I am being a complete tool would this not explain why your BiS cal is wrong?

Total score of 1858 would easily place this first.
    Ahha! You're right. It looks like this was updated and we didn't catch that on our site yet. We'll get that updated asap. Once that happens, you are correct - it will easily be the top trinket (except for maybe a heroic or two, but that's all dependent on the math). Thanks for spotting that

I'll also edit my mathy-post so people know it's an outdated number.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion