Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Monthly subscription should cover 28 days, last 2 days should be paid by the hour

If they still had any decency, actiblizz would offer us to pay something like 13$ a month for 28 days, and the other 2 days until the next billing cycle would be billed by the hour at a rate that would reach 15$ if you would be playing all the hours in the last 2 days.

This way they would still make base money every month regardless of how much you play, but players wouldn't get fornicated over by the downtime and endless restarts that seem to pop up and which we still pay money for.

And before you say with what would be a real-life highed pitched and self-important voice that people use so often these days while holding a cellphone in one hand and a Starbucks 4$ coffee in another, my 15$ may, but it should not morally include their downtime as part of the price.

When I pay 160$/month for telephone, cable and Internet, I can accept some downtime every now and then since that's understandable and I'm not a colossal prick, but if this crap happened once a week for half a day, then again at random intervals like it used to with my old provider, I'd leave for the other provider.

Unfortunately I enjoy WoW as much as my other provider, so in their case the least they could do is show some decency.
    Last edited by ragnarokvr1; 2012-11-13 at 09:54 PM.

30 days increments, downtime every Tuesday/Wednesday morning and whenever they feel like it. This is the deal, take it or leave it, it's not changing any time soon.

Deleted
    i thought we get compensated for downtimes?

We often get compensated for unexpectedly long downtimes, and most weeks are simply 15-minute restarts lately. Yours is an idea, but, really, I'm perfectly content with the current arrangement.

Deleted
    Blizzard usually give 1 day free game time if its very long, so I don't see a problem.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Godavari View Post
    IIRC, only if they are excessive and affect a large number of people, like an entire realm being down due to server issues.

I don't we get compensated for general downtime and maintenance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    We often get compensated for unexpectedly long downtimes

My account shows haven't had a free day since 2006, despite many many days down (and not maintenance/patching)

i've gotten 1 free day due to excessive downtime since vanilla, and in vanilla i got about 18 free days

the 1 free day i got is because altar of storms went down for 59 hours one week. so they gave me a day because they took pretty much a week

Yeah, they will send you the 50 cents you lost out on because they were down for maintenance the same day they have been down for maintenance since the game launched.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Downtime has been the same since classic. Don't like it, leave.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Downtime has been the same since classic. Don't like it, leave.
    funny you say that with a tea party sig

Blizzard has scheduled maintenance, its in the contract you agree to when you sign up to play the game. In reality you are not paying for 30 days x 24hrs a day each month and anything less than that you should be compensated for. The time lost due to maintenance is factored into the sub price already as agreed to by you when you sign up.

At no time has blizzard ever promised 100% server uptime, everyone agrees to the subscription payment knowing full well that some downtime due to maintenance is going to happen and that the downtime isn't ever guaranteed, only approximated.

I understand it can be annoying or inconvenient to some people, but it amazes me that people continue to act surprised about downtime each week like they were unaware of its existance. You are in no way entitled to any compensation either legally or "morally" for scheduled maintenance as agreed to in your contract with blizzard.

yeah if its long downtimes we will get compensated, though we haven't since 09'. Ive gotten 8 credit days total from 06' to now
    "one never escapes from the compulsion and chance to be powerful" Peter Sloterdijk
    i5-4690k --- ASUS Z97-A --- 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1600 --- EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3

10+ Year Old Account
    What I don't understand is why this needed downtime starts at 5 am PDT...thats 8 am EDT, 7 am CDT ??? why not start at 12 am PDT so most of the players that live on the east coast ( and you can't tell me the EDT and CDT zones don't hold a larger portion of the player base than the other 2 time zones ) don't lose so many hours to downtime. Wouldn't that be better for the player base as a whole ??
    Last edited by BaP; 2012-11-13 at 10:40 PM.

Maybe you should stop paying then because it's not going to change.

Quote Originally Posted by BaP View Post
    What I don't understand is why this needed downtime starts at 5 am PDT...thats 8 am EDT, 7 am CDT ??? why not start at 12 am PDT so most of the player that lives on the east coast ( and you can't tell me the EDT and CDT zones don't hold a larger portion of the player base than the other 2 time zones ) Wouldn't that be better for the player base as a whole ??
    I am not sure why they changed it but they did used to do the maintenance a couple hours earlier. The only thing I can think of was that it was going down during prime time for the oceanic players who unfortunately still have to play on US located realms. However this is just a guess, I really don't know why they changed it.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    If they still had any decency, actiblizz would offer us to pay something like 13$ a month for 28 days, and the other 2 days until the next billing cycle would be billed by the hour at a rate that would reach 15$ if you would be playing all the hours in the last 2 days.

This way they would still make base money every month regardless of how much you play, but players wouldn't get fornicated over by the downtime and endless restarts that seem to pop up and which we still pay money for.

And before you say with what would be a real-life highed pitched and self-important voice that people use so often these days while holding a cellphone in one hand and a Starbucks 4$ coffee in another, my 15$ may, but it should not morally include their downtime as part of the price.

When I pay 160$/month for telephone, cable and Internet, I can accept some downtime every now and then since that's understandable and I'm not a colossal prick, but if this crap happened once a week for half a day, then again at random intervals like it used to with my old provider, I'd leave for the other provider.

Unfortunately I enjoy WoW as much as my other provider, so in their case the least they could do is show some decency.
    It would stand to reason that after eight years most people would have figured out that Tuesday mornings and mid-afternoons are times to get in some light reading, or to catch up on the DVR list, do some grocery shopping, straighten up the place, take a nap, etc, so on and so forth. Unfortunately, reason rarely has anything to do with it.

Honestly I would much rather they not mess with the pay structure at all. In those eight years my WoW subscription is just about the only thing I regularly spend money on that hasn't gotten more expensive.

Blizz always says the game is there for the vast majority of the week, if you do not play it that is your problem. And people who have a day off work on a maintenance day then scream at Blizz for a free day deserve to lose it - anyone who takes time off work to play a game has a problem but choosing maintenance day is a major problem they have, not Blizz

Deleted
    I suggest go to bed and take some sleep for this couple of hours.
    Maybe Blizzard should compensate for your toilet visits too?

Or maybe people could stop crying over a couple hours of down time, and just idk do something else during it? seriously crying over maybe 15 hours a month? that's just sad.