Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Remember the first time you saw Sapphiron 40man? Have you felt like that lately?

Just wondering.

EDIT TO TRY TO EXPLAIN A BIT WHY I'M ASKING:

1. The fight before that took some 40 days for the top players in the world to beat. It was kind of a big deal at the time.

2. It was the first time they'd had an animation like that.

3. Back then, seeing a new boss model was a really big deal. Even in TBC only so many people had seen this boss. Seeing a new boss was a milestone for any player back then.

Not trying to be a condescending jack***, but do you understand now? If I had just said "Remember the first time you saw Sapphiron? Have you felt like that lately?" - then it wouldn't be referencing seeing a new model, a new boss, a hard boss to reach (Heroic-only mode, basically, back then). In WOTLK that was a boss model that was widely re-used outside that raid, and it wasn't a special thing to see him. There was no "OMG guys, we're at SAPPHIRON!"

Even in TBC, on my backwater server, Kel'Thuzad only went down twice, afaik.

Oooooooooo the bones make a dragon. Didn't see that one coming! (/sarcasm)

Elegon was pretty spectacular. Seeing Ragnaros start walking around on Hard Mode was a pretty good one.

If by that, you mean the feeling in which you can see the boss slowly form in front of you, into a big explosion of awesome battle sauce, I felt like that seeing KJ for the first time, but other than that not for a while.

Obviously I wouldn't want Blizzard to overuse that, but I'm surprised at how rare it is to see, it truly does make the encounter feel that much cooler.

You're asking like the 6? players who managed to get that far, that long ago, and who still play?
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

Curious why there is emphesis on the 40man part of the title. You know his animation stayed the same in the later versions?
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

How about hearing for the first time that big ass robot XT in Ulduar talk. That was epic LOL in ventrilo. The loughter wiped the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrosislol View Post
    Curious why there is emphesis on the 40man part of the title. You know his animation stayed the same in the later versions?
    Because everything that occurred in vanilla is vastly superior to anything currently in the game...

Deleted
    well i remember doing this 25man raid of which also a 10man version excisted.

where the 2nd last boss was this pile of bones that went up in the air and then twirled around till they formed a big ass skeleton dragon!

beside that, i loved how ragnaros bursted out on hc with feet.
    but the best, best of them all

Kologarn, he beats everything else when its making an impressive entrance.
    i still remember too massive WOW! when we first did him. legendary memories!

This thread needs to be redirected to this one.
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by coldbear View Post
    Just wondering.
    No, because no one on my server saw it when it was a 40 man raid.

Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    well i remember doing this 25man raid of which also a 10man version excisted.

where the 2nd last boss was this pile of bones that went up in the air and then twirled around till they formed a big ass skeleton dragon!

beside that, i loved how ragnaros bursted out on hc with feet.
    but the best, best of them all

Kologarn, he beats everything else when its making an impressive entrance.
    i still remember too massive WOW! when we first did him. legendary memories!
    Oh man yes.

I remember for my 10 man group's first Ulduar run we agreed to look up zero strats/videos to make the place a 100% surprise, and this one really caught us of guard and was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    If by that, you mean the feeling in which you can see the boss slowly form in front of you, into a big explosion of awesome battle sauce, I felt like that seeing KJ for the first time, but other than that not for a while.

Obviously I wouldn't want Blizzard to overuse that, but I'm surprised at how rare it is to see, it truly does make the encounter feel that much cooler.

I remember when walking in for the first time thinking it was empty and as we moved forward was amazed by what the swirling bones turned into. Reminds me of doing Ulduar and heading to Kologarn's room and watching him come out of the ground like that. I remember having a friend over who saw me walk in there and go "wtf just happened, how did he get there"

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    No, because no one on my server saw it when it was a 40 man raid.
    Really? My server constantly had people running 40 man Naxx in BC. It may not have been current content but people still ran it every week for things like the shoulder enchants for alts etc. I never did naxx 40 in Vanilla, I did do it regularly in BC though. Not quite as epic but it was still a lot of fun to see the raid. Seeing kil'jaeden die and get sucked back through the sunwell is still one of the most memorable boss raid events for me though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not since Ulduar 25. And probably even not since Sunwell 25. Sunwell was where it was at, along with all the other TBC raids because they were truly huge and epic. Now, everything is just bleh. Pretty bland, yet there are some fun fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekrosislol View Post
    I imagine that by saying that he extended the time frame for possibly amazing bosses.

Nah Ragnaros in Molten Core was waaay more epic,atleast at the time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Because everything that occurred in vanilla is vastly superior to anything currently in the game...
    That's what all the players that never played 40m / classic say yeah.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabyt View Post
    That's what all the players that never played 40m / classic say yeah.
    yeah, I raided MC and BWL back in vanilla. Hardest part of MC was getting a full raid group, we ended up clearing it with about 25/30 ppl. BWL was a step up though, you actually needed to have 40 people mostly not afk to get past the first two bosses. I much prefer BC/Wotlk/MoP raids to vanilla ones.

I remember thinking "f%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%CK"

I feel that way before all heroic bosses anymore lol.

Heroic Ragnaros in FL was pretty epic. I thought the first time fighting LK was awesome, much less awesome after several wipes.

I haven't been raiding in MoP much to know, Elegon was kind of cool, Heart of Fear looks like it would be cool but I haven't seen any of it yet