10+ Year Old Account

I am seeing doubles

So as I was at the bank trying make ends meet, I saw a shaman at the next window. Then I saw her twin. Same name, same clothes, same spec.Same everything. Then I got to thinking about a few months ago when I sa a level 34 paladin with three other twins behind him, following his every move. Same clothes, spec names but his names had his name then the others followed with his name and two, three, and four and the end of their names. What is going on here? As i continued to watch the shaman I believe level 75 run around with their twin right on their heels, she mounted and fly off and the twin did the same thing. What in the world is happening? Are these several accounts playing at once and have one toon follow the other gaining exp? Is this a bot? Just asking for future reference, I do not want to report someone for cheating if they really are not cheating. Thanks for any help you can give.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just read some stuff on multiboxing and I could not image doing what they do. Kind of cool, glad its not illegal, sounds kind of fun.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardemon View Post
    I just read some stuff on multiboxing and I could not image doing what they do. Kind of cool, glad its not illegal, sounds kind of fun.
    It's highly entertaining actually mainly the QQ that it has caused, There was a 40 boxer streamer if I remember correctly in Kil'jaiden? Someone wanna clarify? That guy is awesome haha and gives the forums an uproar.

It's like watching a comedy show

I have two accounts (I'm an altoholic) and I sometimes dual box - if you have a decent computer it's easy, just open two WoW sessions at the same time and log into both accounts. Put your alt on follow.

But "multiboxers" usually refers to people who do it a lot more seriously than me, they generally have more than two accounts and they have software that allows them to control all their characters from one account (simplest scenario being you press 1 on your main account and the software then presses 1 on all your other accounts, so if you have 5 shamans you're casting 5 chain lightnings at once. But they usually set up macros etc to get more fancy than that, because that's obviously quite crude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardemon View Post

It is fun, but also expensive. Unless you get bad software or illegal the software can be expensive, and then you need multiple wow accounts. I've messed around with some free software and trial accounts. It is wry fun to do.

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    It's highly entertaining actually mainly the QQ that it has caused, There was a 40 boxer streamer if I remember correctly in Kil'jaiden? Someone wanna clarify? That guy is awesome haha and gives the forums an uproar.

Yes, he exists on my realm.
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k 3.4GHz | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3-1866 | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 4GB (2-Way SLI) | Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45
    Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler; 200mm Fans x3; | Case: HAF 922 | PSU: Corsair Pro 750W

80+ FPS in Raids on Ultra. Stay mad.
    This setup no longer hits 80+ FPS in raids on Ultra. Stay sad.

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post

I can't even imagine doing two characters at once let alone 40. That would be crazy. But I'm sure, like you said, it was hilarious. The only time I've had a problem with somebody multiboxing was when they failed at it and were tryin to dungeon and only on account was doing anything. Did not make for a fun dungeon, thank goodness it was a low level one.