Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Ofc a world designed for ground mounts w/o loading screens is fine too, but that isn't the topic of this thread.
    Damn I sometimes forget that I'm on the internet where you have to spell every little detail so someone like you doesn't yell: "lulz he made a mistake, he's stupid!" <_<
    Actually, that is the topic of this thread. That is exactly the topic of this thread. Asking why they needed flying mounts instead of a world without flying mounts.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Deleted
    also to ppl complaining about the pvp target running and flying up,GET YOUR DAMN MOUNT OUT, FOLLOW HIM AND KILL HIM WHEN HE LANDS.
    i mean thats is more reasonable thing to do then complaining you let your prey get away

people do not like world PVP never have never will people do like killing out numbered low level players but hate to be that low level player getting killed that is what killed world pvp not a flying mount.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    ...what the fuck does this have to do with Guild Wars 2? Nothing? Okay.
    i know thats why i didnt say the name my point was when they can create such beautiful zones you got no way to view it from diffrent angles,zones,etc its quite harsh everything is instanced and the map is littered with travel points
    this is just my opinion others may not think that way
    for example in wow when your flying in feralas you can see the vortex pinnacle,throne of 4 winds in the distance in GW2 there is no such thing
    Last edited by mmocbdf5b86a98; 2012-11-14 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lisavan View Post
    also to ppl complaining about the pvp target running and flying up,GET YOUR DAMN MOUNT OUT, FOLLOW HIM AND KILL HIM WHEN HE LANDS.
    i mean thats is more reasonable thing to do then complaining you let your prey get away
    In the 1.5 seconds it takes you to mount up, they would be long gone. Even if they weren't, it's not exactly easy to track a target moving in 3 dimensions at 492% speed.

Deleted
    Dude you created new World PvP Meta!

So you follow mounted people around waiting for them to land..That will probably result in ... NOTHING!!

GENIUS my good sir!

Deleted
    In the 1.5 seconds it takes you to mount up, they would be long gone. Even if they weren't, it's not exactly easy to track a target moving in 3 dimensions at 492% speed.
    ok agreed on you with that.but isnt it mostly between 310-340%?
    also most of the times you see the general direction he goes to shouldnt be too hard to track them down again
    Last edited by mmocbdf5b86a98; 2012-11-14 at 01:11 AM.

ok agreed on you with that.but isnt it mostly just 310%?
    also most of the times you see the general direction he goes to shouldnt be too hard to track them down again
    310 + 100 + 20% (Assuming a Paladin or Death Knight).

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Flying - Best thing to happen to WOW since Dual spec.
    Awks how flying came before Dual spec...

Quote Originally Posted by clbembry View Post
    They brought the game from being insanely awesome and extremely fun to just super awesome and fun. That pretty much single-handedly almost partially ruined World PvP. It's still there and it's still fun but it's not there as much and it's not as fun.

On a serious note: Why were they ever introduced into the game? I don't see any benefits besides making WoW the worst game of all time.
    Secret of Mana, Flammie. That's why.

Oh god imagine doing Mists of Pandailya dailies without a flying mount. Just the thought makes me cringe, as if doing them with dailies isn't depressing enough. :P

Also, people want to fly/like flying. They hardly ruined world PvP though, on many pvp realms people do dailies among dozens of opposite-faction players yet no one attacks anyone else.

So because you don't like them nobody else should use it?

If you don't like them you can still use your ground mount.

I just hate when people want to tell me how I should play the game.

Wow is still a great game, but i agree i think the game loses its epicness and sense of size by the implementation of flying mounts. Either way im still playing it nonstop now .

I agree. I hate flying mounts, they should have just kept them in Outland, they now pollute the skies of every city, ugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killington View Post
    I agree. I hate flying mounts, they should have just kept them in Outland, they now pollute the skies of every city, ugh.
    Yeah! It was so much better when the same 70 people were smashed into the same area on the ground with running mounts! Oh wait, no thats right, it wasn't any better.

Where were you even going with this?
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by clbembry View Post
    They brought the game from being insanely awesome and extremely fun to just super awesome and fun. That pretty much single-handedly almost partially ruined World PvP. It's still there and it's still fun but it's not there as much and it's not as fun.

On a serious note: Why were they ever introduced into the game? I don't see any benefits besides making WoW the worst game of all time.
    BGs with rewards killed world PvP, not flying mounts. Flying mounts were widely requested during classic, so they decided to make them available.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Flying - Best thing to happen to WOW since Dual spec.
    Except flying was before dual spec. :x

I would like someone to explain to me how Flying didn't hurt WPVP. Not just say it, explain it. Don't say 'well, this hurt it, too'. Don't talk about how much good it has done for everything else. Just explain how it hasn't hurt WPVP.

I'll be waiting.

Deleted
    People got annoyed by Dazed. I got annoyed by Dazed. Flying Mounts prevent that. I like Flying Mounts.

I don't understand how all of you older players have forgotten how resilience has effected the game. If you think for a moment they came out at the same time and resilience had a much much large impact on world pvp than fucking flying mounts.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 11:00 PM ----------

I would like someone to explain to me how Flying didn't hurt WPVP. Not just say it, explain it. Don't say 'well, this hurt it, too'. Don't talk about how much good it has done for everything else. Just explain how it hasn't hurt WPVP.

I'll be waiting.
    What kind of world pvp were you doing? It was random bullshit and getting raped by PVEers. It was a lot of fun but what did the mounts have to do with it?? You still pvp the same amount while questing. In vanilla I wouldn't grind quests because it was hard. I would look for people to kill and grief. You can do that today and kill even more people because you can fly. Resilience is what turned world pvp around. You've forgotten how broken PVE epics were back then. Unstoppable Force was enough to kill almost any player; unless they had it too lol.

Almost everyone doing quests in vanilla was new to the game. They were easy kills.