Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Even stuff like Tera still survives with a subscription and not f2p plan, so I don't think wow is in any danger of dieing.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Nothing is wrong because:

- we talk 10.000.000 total paying subscriptions worldwide for a game that's over 8 years old.
    - cross server play will keep WOW players in the open worlds of Azeroth for the next decades.

You DO know that a region wide 200K number of cross server players would mean a populated world of Azeroth with ... 20 TIMES more players than the biggest WOW server could held in 2012 ???

So let's see for the haters: ... in the future WOW would have 20 times MORE visible players in Azeroth when they would loose 94% of their current player base.

Ouch ! Bad times for the haters I guess... I can understand why this CRZ thing is the start of the worst fear of all WOW haterz...: the thing will live forever...

Didn't say a damn thing about CRZ. Your blithering is largely irrelevant though, as the developers have said some compromises will be made in the current progression model. Ouch must be a bad time to be ignorant. Feel free to respond although don't expect a response in return. I find your protestations weary and draining and your blithering incessant. Fan boys do that when they post usually. The ignore feature comes in handy for these instances.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Didn't say a damn thing about CRZ. Your blithering is largely irrelevant though, as the developers have said some compromises will be made in the current progression model. Ouch must be a bad time to be ignorant. Feel free to respond although don't expect a response in return. I find your protestations weary and draining and your blithering incessant. Fan boys do that when they post usually. The ignore feature comes in handy for these instances.
    It really must be a hell of a time that Azeroth will always be fully populated with this new cross server mechanic...

How can you RIP something when the Azeroth world will grow and be populated even within a 95% loss over years to come.

Frustrating at best, dramatic for the haters .

I guess you'll need a new record as of now (the old hits "everyone is using the same gear", " no one is doing the leveling dungeons", "the open worlds are empty" were great for their time, but let's face it they are no longer popular songs ...)

As is the RIP thingie after the open world cross server album launched...

Odd you opted to react to my "the haters" statement.... Telling.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2012-11-13 at 11:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    Back on topic.... WOW is dying its pretty obvious. Once the AP runs out and blizzard runs out of tricks you will see ridiculous sub losses. This xpac is burning people out at an enormous rate.
    AP was a total of 1.2 Mil subs, even if all of them quit (which is unrealistic) the game will still be at around 9 Mil.
    I understand that pulling facts out of strange places is a national sport on the Internet, but still, that is too much
    Last edited by Tomana; 2012-11-13 at 11:51 PM.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    Isn't that the same thing the guy you quoted said, just with a couple more words thrown in?

Seriously, some ppl would QQ about getting free cake, saying its not thier favorite kind. Some ppl need to learn that when life hands you lemons, you dont QQ bout them not being oranges.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I feel like I'm being forced to do dailies because I raid and want to get better gear so I can aid raid progression. I do not enjoy running dailies, have never enjoyed running dailies, and will never enjoy running dailies - and you can't make me enjoy them. But I still run them. Some of them. I've been slacking off lately - got most of 'em to revered and just sort of gave up. Will I get better-than-VP gear by raiding? Eventually, but that doesn't help my guild right now and I'm trying to help them right now.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 03:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Isn't that the same thing the guy you quoted said, just with a couple more words thrown in?

Seriously, some ppl would QQ about getting free cake, saying its not thier favorite kind. Some ppl need to learn that when life hands you lemons, you dont QQ bout them not being oranges.
    and some people wouldn't pay $15.00/month for cake and then call it free cake.

Perspective: we're talking about a game that's 8 years old and costs $15 a month to play. Not only has it lasted this long but there are still millions of people playing it - most other MMOs would be happy with a fraction of the playerbase (not that that matters). It's completely unprecedented in gaming, it's amazing anyone still plays it let alone that it dominates the market the way it does. So it is anyone's guess how much longer it'll last, frankly. Maybe a year maybe a decade - a decade would be a miracle but hey, it's already a miracle. So why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Cataclysm's first tier wasn't bad at all. The Molten front dailies and LFR caused the hate for the expansion.
    Completely subjective. For many players without time to raid, LFR was a godsend, and for all the bitching (WoW players bitch no matter what Blizzard does frankly) I bet those players outnumber the whiners 10 to 1. And since when does anyone hate MF? Most of what I've seen people posting has been fond reminiscing back to MF dailies. Everyone thinks they know "what's killing WoW" but it's almost always just them venting their personal beefs that don't represent everyone's view at all.

The truth is that when content first launches and people haven't completed all the rep grinds they bitch and moan because it's going to take time. A month or so later it's all finished and they completely forget about it.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2012-11-14 at 12:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    I feel like I'm being forced to do dailies because I raid and want to get better gear so I can aid raid progression. I do not enjoy running dailies, have never enjoyed running dailies, and will never enjoy running dailies - and you can't make me enjoy them. But I still run them. Some of them.
    Frankly, once you get revered, you no longer need to do dailies. Personally, I do LFR, Klaxxi/GL/Tillers two days a week (on the week-end when I have time) as well as 1 or 2 5-mans and it is enough to cap your VPs. Once all 5 wings of LFR are out (next week), LFR alone will give you 450 VPs. Throw in some regular raid boss kills and a few 5 mans and you're capped. I don't touch dailies at all during the week (except Tillers dailies on alts that is) because I either work or raid.
    MMO player

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    The problem with dailies is a pr failure. They are not required because similar gear drops in lfr and the food bonuses are small.

But blizz never made that clear so when DREAM paragon said jump, players qqed.
    There's nothing Blizzard can do to stop players obsessing over min-maxing. It's ingrained in most WoW players' minds that if something in the game can improve their gear or stats by any amount, no matter how tiny, then it is absolutely mandatory that they have it no matter what. And then they blame Blizzard for putting it there!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    There's nothing Blizzard can do to stop players obsessing over min-maxing. It's ingrained in most WoW players' minds that if something in the game can improve their gear or stats by any amount, no matter how tiny, then it is absolutely mandatory that they have it no matter what. And then they blame Blizzard for putting it there!
    Obviously, it's the cake-makers' fault that people can't help eating cakes. If there were no cakes, there would be no problem.
    MMO player

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    I wouldn't mind the daily grind if the lore surrounding it didn't feel so irrelevant to me. I figure that's the reason I can't be bothered with them while I could bother with dailies in Wrath and Cataclysm. I play WoW because I'm interested and invested in Warcraft's lore. Pandaria's domestic problems don't feel like Warcraft, but another game entirely. It's all too detached from the rest of the game.

Yeah yeah, I know Blizz wanted to create some completely new stuff etc. Just so happens the end result didn't work out for me. Patch 5.1 ought to fix that.

Fixed that for you.
    None of them are "fun for you" therefore you don't want to do them.

You didn't "fix" anything.
    Man, I've got bags under my eyes... BAGS OF MONEY!
    See ya later, peasants.

Praise The Sun!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Frankly, once you get revered, you no longer need to do dailies. Personally, I do LFR, Klaxxi/GL/Tillers two days a week (on the week-end when I have time) as well as 1 or 2 5-mans and it is enough to cap your VPs. Once all 5 wings of LFR are out (next week), LFR alone will give you 450 VPs. Throw in some regular raid boss kills and a few 5 mans and you're capped. I don't touch dailies at all during the week (except Tillers dailies on alts that is) because I either work or raid.
    A lot of people forget scenarios too. Do one heroic and one scenario every day to get the double VP bonus, that's 80+40=120VP per day, 840VP per week if you do it every day. Even if you miss a few days LFR will still cap you, or vice versa you can skip some LFRs if you've done enough days of 1H+1S. All without a single daily, not even including any NM/HM raids.

Scenarios have no queue time and some are super fast especially if you take some decent geared friends who know what they're doing, so they are actually highly efficient.

---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 12:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Obviously, it's the cake-makers' fault that people can't help eating cakes. If there were no cakes, there would be no problem.
    Nerf cake!!!

People say "RIP WoW" and "this game is dead" to make their ultimately worthless opinion sound more important. They're dramatic sounding phrases to get you to look. A desperate grab for attention. An attempt to give the posters pointless, frenzied, opinionated rambling more weight. If they just posted something like "I think this game is bad now" they might be (gasp) ignored.

It only makes people sound egotistical. The game is no longer enjoyable for you so it must be bad? Dying? What are you? Queen critic of the universe? Take your super-special snowflake opinion and hit your unsub button instead of bothering the rest of us.
    "Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken. Always and forever!"

Perfection is so horribly dull, don't you think?

10+ Year Old Account
    they just need to time elder scrolls online well and it could stand to become a major player depending on how wow does next year
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Yeah. During Wrath wow was banned in China and only had about 6 million subs so i don't see how his numbers can be taken seriously. Cataclysm promised people it would be the new Vanilla and thanks to it and the reversal of the ban in China the numbers reached the 12 million.

Cataclysm's first tier wasn't bad at all. The Molten front dailies and LFR caused the hate for the expansion.
    4.3 was god awful and has gone down as the worst content patch in wow yet. 3.2 even beats it. The Cataclysm hate started with people needing their diapers changed over initial heroics. That's all people needed. Molten Front hardly impacted cata's rep at all. Cata finished off horribly. Dragon Soul was an atrocity.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

People have been proclaiming the death of WoW for at least a few years now.

Deleted
    If people ain't done with rep farming at this point i doubt it has something to do with blizzard but people who want everything served on a plate. Blizzard are ot going to change the reputation system or neather should they. Some kids just enjoy complaining about everything possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    4.3 was god awful and has gone down as the worst content patch in wow yet. 3.2 even beats it. The Cataclysm hate started with people needing their diapers changed over initial heroics. That's all people needed. Molten Front hardly impacted cata's rep at all. Cata finished off horribly. Dragon Soul was an atrocity.
    I remember the launch heroics. The community split in two:

(A) WAAAA!!!! It's too hard!!!
    (B) Finally they listened and made heroics hard again!

Then came the nerfs to heroics (and what everyone forgets is the huge part gear played in all this, after a few weeks of gearing those heroics that used to take hours of wipes could be AOE'ed through half the time like Wrath heroics even pre-nerf):

(A) Finally they listened and stopped heroics being so hard!
    (B) WAAAA!!! It's too easy!!!

Moral of the story: Blizzard can't win. Although I personally enjoyed the hard heroics at the start and was also happy for them to become easy to farm my VP from after a while, I thought it was a good design overall. Similar feelings about ZA/ZG (although I hated the split queues, in my opinion that was a bad design choice).

Everyone likes to whine about DS (personally I found half the raid fun and the other half a bit lacklustre - not terrible just not as cool as I was hoping) but I remember at least as much whine on the forums about ICC when it was around and now everybody talks about it like the sun shone out its ass, so who knows? Moral of this story: never listen to forum whiners.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    IAnd why wouldn't they listen to it?
    Because if for any idea, they can find someone who advocates it, that means finding that person tells them nothing about whether the idea is any good.

Listening to that carefully located person who tells them what they wanted to hear isn't research; it's an exercise in confirmation bias.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

It'll never die, it has it's appeal, but I don't have any issue with anyone saying the game has gone to shit, because it has. Same with Diablo and Starcraft, I no longer have any interest in Blizzard's games, personally. They've become the PC gamers version of Hollywood gaming that's a miasma upon consoles.

Moral of the story: Blizzard can't win.
    They can win by growing a spine and designing with creativity and a hardcore slant. They instead choose this merry go round of community feedback from the worst possible sources.

Also, the fucking Cata launch dungeons were piss easy, they had just ruined their game and community by that point. If you people wanted to see hard, you needed to be present for Burning Crusade heroics, which, coincidentally, is the last time they actually added a meaningful feature or piece of design to this game.
    Last edited by Vanaline; 2012-11-14 at 01:51 AM.