Poll: Would you be willing to Unlock LFR as described in this post if Blizz implemented it?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    LFR is a place where Heroic raiders go to complain about how terrible everybody is. sadly, they are Forced into LFR by International law. They are also unable to form their own groups and run LFR with known good players, they are again FORCED into LFR with at least 17 other "mouth breathers" To cater to this, Blizzard needs to make the requirements for running LFR equal to running Heroic raids. There should be written exams, UI reviews and 16 random in game test administered by partial judges who don't want you there.

Heroic raiders shouldn't be FORCED to suffer with those disgusting casual players. Blizzard needs to do something to weed out the casual players from the Heroic Raiders' raids! Blizzard needs to come up with a new raid, that doesn't award anything, not even an achievement, only has 1 boss. Basically, they need to make LFR spawn you at a location with a giant training dummy that never dies. WHATEVER it takes to keep those casuals out of their raids!
    Why the fuck are you calling Casuals disgusting?

It's how they choose to play..

Christ they're just playing the game 0_o.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    you already have to unlock LFR you have to get an i lvl of 460 or whatever, normal raiding has no such restrictions.
    This...... Plus we have enough shit to do and when I mean shit I mean dallies that suck so no. I would skip LFR since the loot system is garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Why the fuck are you calling Casuals disgusting?

It's how they choose to play..

Christ they're just playing the game 0_o.
    :'( Seriously ? I thought the sarcasm was pretty strong there. Have you not had your coffee yet ? I mean..seriously, it was pretty thick!

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    :'( Seriously ? I thought the sarcasm was pretty strong there. Have you not had your coffee yet ? I mean..seriously, it was pretty thick!
    ..I literally just woke up.

Excuse me while I face desk so hard my brain starts working again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Flying around the world, doing group quests, doing personal quests is much more varied than hitting a button, getting in que 12 times and letting the RNG train take you places.
    So you'd want the item level requirement to be removed and the difficulty of lfr lowered even more. Is that it?
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Oh it was Jaylock, damn you for changing your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    You do have to unlock, with an item level requirement.

This is the best method for unlocking the content since it simultaneously assures that a person is appropriately geared for the environment.

There is no need to implement anything beyond that.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Too bad there isn't some way of rating players based upon individual performance in LFR, similar to how there are ratings for pvp. Unfortunately Blizzard hates creating objective metrics for performance because then it would be apparent how imbalanced classes are (and classes are kept this way on purpose by design).

It would be amazing if there was some way of having 'competitive LFR' where you could que and be given a sufficient challenge as a group that is determined by your average 'pve rating'.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Lets say in a hypothetical situation, Blizzards next LFR experience was something you had to unlock? For example. Go back to TBC, the Key to Karazhan quest chain. What if you had to do a simple quest chain that involved doing a three to four challenge mode dungeons and gathering keys to build a device that gave you access to LFR?

Once you gained access on one character, access was unlocked for any of your Alt characters. Would this be something you would be willing to do? And each new tier of LFR would have similar epic quest chains to unlock the feature. What do you think about this idea?
    Would defeat the purpose of having LFR in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think that's enough to lock out the bads.

I think first, you need to hit exalted with Nat Pagle. Then you have to dig up every single archaeology epic (including the recipe for Vial of the Sands.) Then you have to send Chris Metzen a bottle of French red wine. Then you have to solo Onyxia . . . naked. Not your toon, you.

Then you get a key . . . for RFC heroic, which you must clear in two minutes for the key for Wailing Caverns, which you must navigate without getting lost once. Then you have to go back in time to vanilla WoW and defeat Cthun.

THEN you can do LFR.
    Putin khuliyo

I would be willing to do that. Even without the general access for the characters of my account feature. I think that a short-to-medium attunement to a raid dungeon, even if it is Looking For Raid, would be a nice addition.

For three reasons mainly.

First, it would connect the dungeon to a story. Right now most raid dungeons are embarassingly disconnected to the game's storylines. It's more of a case of "here is a raid-dungeon instance portal, that has something to do with the overall story, just go inside", than what it was like in the past, where you had a reason to want to enter into a raid dungeon.

Second, it would give something additional to players to do. Kicking and screaming maybe. But then again, most of the same people that complain how there is nothing to do almost all of the time, whether they are right, like the case was with Dragon Soul, or quite wrong, like the case is with most of the game's content that they just burn through.

Third, it would be a way to force players to at least learn how to play at a low-to-medium level. Going through a challenge dungeon to get the bronze medal isn't that hard. Just finishing even less so. But you have to pay attention, be able to perform somewhat good, and try to do so. I think that would be a good lesson for a lot of under-performing players. And the reason why I think that should be the case for every character, not an account-wide achievement. Just because someone is somewhat good with one character doesn't make him good with another.

As to the case of there already being an item level requirment. That is quite a wrong way to ensure players have an at least average performance. A few points in item level mean next to nothing. Almost anyone that has pugged Looking For Raid up to now knows that. And this is even more apparent right now, when group dungeons in heroic mode are anything but heroic, so almost everyone can get geared enough to meet the item level requirements for Looking For Raid. The answer to the inadequacy problem that is plaguing this community is to teach some players how to play. And since most of them just don't want to learn, to saldy, force them, if they want to participate in content that has other players depend on them for the group's success.

I did have to unlock it by getting my item level to 460... and then 470.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    Pretty much this. There is already a gate/unlock, its in ilvl form. OP's idea is redundant.
    Actually it isn't, you could tie the highly artificial lock into a solo-play model against a reasonably tuned npc requiring you to utilize a good deal of your classes abilities.., at least that would ensure that people who entered had some idea as to use they're character.

The ilvl system is without question the single most useless piece of junk ever invented.

Voted no cause I don't use LFR and couldn't care less.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by runedhill View Post
    You'd have to do 8400 quests. Don't be stupid.
    A joke is a joke I was joking.

Doesn't mean the OP's idea is bad though, I just made a joke. To show my evilness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    I don't think that's enough to lock out the bads.

I think first, you need to hit exalted with Nat Pagle. Then you have to dig up every single archaeology epic (including the recipe for Vial of the Sands.) Then you have to send Chris Metzen a bottle of French red wine. Then you have to solo Onyxia . . . naked. Not your toon, you.

Then you get a key . . . for RFC heroic, which you must clear in two minutes for the key for Wailing Caverns, which you must navigate without getting lost once. Then you have to go back in time to vanilla WoW and defeat Cthun.

THEN you can do LFR.
    Yes, yes, this... and and... they have to do all of that... with a fishing pole equipped...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    you already have to unlock LFR you have to get an i lvl of 460 or whatever, normal raiding has no such restrictions.
    this - gladly blizzard will never again make such a crap as attunement for raids....

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh dear, another "bring back TBC" thread, thinly disguised with obsolete gating ideas and a poll, your threads are just repeats, week after week after week, after week and you know very well it drags out the same 3-4 snarly underbridge folk every time you make one.

ilvl is your gate, if that's what you're looking for, no need for anything else, if you're looking for time investment gating to gain access to something else, then there's plenty of dailies to grind rep with to open, wait for it, more dailies and more factions to grind giving you access to more purple/blue graphics and items and that's all it's good for.

So in actual fact, it's already there, you just have to look for it.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

According the vocal minority, having to work for ANYTHING in a video game (an MMO at that) is completly unaceptable and will doom Blizzard and WoW.

So obviously your idea is aweful OP :/.
    Last edited by GrieverXIII; 2012-11-14 at 03:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    According the the vocal minority, having to work for ANYTHING in a video game (an MMO at that) is completly unaceptable and will doom Blizzard and WoW.

So obviously your idea is aweful OP :/.
    There is a sense of entitlement.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirek22 View Post
    There is a sense of entitlement.
    actually its the truth think about it, people want to play this game to enjoy it not have to grind endlessly for hours just to enter lfr but, there's some people in this game like jaylock and the minority/ elitists that thinks that everything should be super hard so only the few best people could raid or do anything worthwhile

il leave you with this question:

do you think wow would be as successful as it is today if the game was still as hard as it was in vanilla?
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2012-11-14 at 02:43 AM.