Full inventory/item deletion bug and ANet CS response

I just wanted everyone to be aware of this (if you're not already), because it does potentially have heart-breaking consequences. Basically, I bought the Mad King gear off the gem shop, and just after the end of the event I was swapping gear with a full set of bags, and discovered my Mad King gloves had just disappeared (I've since learned this has happened to others with different gear). I assumed it was a clear-cut enough situation, customer service-wise: I had acquired a set of items that can only be purchased from the cash shop and are non-transferable, and one of the pieces was inexplicably gone (not to mention replacing the set would have no bearing on anything gamewise other than my sense of well-being). Seemed to me that no foul play was evident and the item would be replaced, or removed and my gems refunded. Basically, I was told 'we're not helping you, and if you insist on a gem refund we're going to ban you'. I have never seen something like this in ten years of MMOs, I was pretty deflated that a game I love (I even went out and bought all of GW1 after a week of playing GW2) has this type of thing lurking behind it. I spent way too much money on gems the first two months anyway (I'm a dye freak, a collector, and I suppose a gambling addict to boot), maybe it's for the best that I never touch this software again...

TLDR--- DO NOT SWAP EQUIPPED ITEMS WITH A FULL INVENTORY, and if you do, don't expect anything but a rude, unhelpful, and borderline threatening response from the people who handle ANet's customer service. For me it was just a costume, I would hate for someone to lose a legendary in this manner.

*sigh* Anyway, thanks for reading. Or not.

It seems they simply lack the means of checking your story. I am very confused as well about this, as I would expect them to keep the logs for stuff like that, but it seems that they don't (this also explains why they can't rollback account changes). So for what they know you could have been trying to score some free items.

Please don't get me wrong: I do find something like this unacceptable. I have no idea why they would decide to skip this feature, its not that hard to add during the development time and the storage requirements are not that big either.

Deleted
    yep a-nets cust service sucks balls... had a similar prob on gw1... after 6 years i got hacked and all my char gone... their response...pretty much 'tough luck'

Deleted
    Not impressed with the "town clothes" in GW2, GW1 had it much better by a long shot.

I bought Grenth outfit once, it was available for all characters & if I wanted to get it again at a later date (lost or just swapping etcc) all I had to do was visit the npc & claim it again, no charge.

Added that the clothes players bought could be used whilst in combat, GW1 way of things was superior.

Fingers crossed they`ll add this so that you & others can claim what they`ve paid money for.

It's sad. We've seen this behaviour since the launch. In the beta they were super cool and helpful and when the game lauched, they went on a rampage. Almost like if they were saying: "It's our MMO live with that or quit"

Quote Originally Posted by Morogoth View Post
    It's sad. We've seen this behaviour since the launch. In the beta they were super cool and helpful and when the game lauched, they went on a rampage. Almost like if they were saying: "It's our MMO live with that or quit"
    I think some people are really stretching the truth, though. I had a very positive experience since launch, after an item of mine was accidentally deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by VibrantViolet View Post
    I think some people are really stretching the truth, though. I had a very positive experience since launch, after an item of mine was accidentally deleted.
    oh yes, probably. Personnaly I never contacted the customer support so my affirmations are not backed by my experience. It's just the common perception that their bot is doing an awful job compared to real GMs.

Quote Originally Posted by Morogoth View Post
    After that Reddit outing of the people who were whining that ANet support banned them for no reason, I tend to believe ANet far more and the complainers far less. That thread was hilarious.