Poll: Are you happy with wows graphics?

Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Are you satisfied with WoW's graphics?

I was wondering how many people are happy with wows graphics, and if some people even prefer it to newer games.

Graphics are decent for what the game's intended audience is.

However, I feel that graphics do in fact add to a game's overall quality, and that WoW would be better off not catering to people with 10 year old computers.

Yes, I'm accustomed to them, I like the style, and I'm certainly not unhappy with them. A lot of new MMOs do look prettier, but, honestly... something about WoW's graphics makes it easy for me to see what I need to see, and I'm not as comfortable playing other MMOs, especially more "realistic" ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do like bold, colourful style much more than more realistic art styles seen in other MMOs.

Obviously WoW's graphics are old and a bit dated, but it doesn't really bother me that much.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

The graphics are a unique style, but some things in game just look terrible and need to be updated. For example: Character models, trees, water falls, etc.

Yes, however it would be cool to see lightweight client. Vanilla/TBC client could run on my smartphone, current one - far from it. They must look on how to make WoW accessible on different platforms and have multiple options to tweak it's performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    However, I feel that graphics do in fact add to a game's overall quality, and that WoW would be better off not catering to people with 10 year old computers.
    Not many people feel to upgrade PCs just for one game. Games with high PC requirements were never successful. Also MMOs work different way than single players. Game with pretentious graphics can run smooth as single player, but in multiplayer mode it will be different story (especially in such activities as raids).

If game launched and was supposed to work on such and such system with such and such requirements, these requirements should always remain as at least minimum requirements, except maybe HDD space.

When you compare the graphics from vanilla to Mists of Pandaria, you definitely notice a massive difference. It's come a long way. You also have to remember that WoW is cartoony while many other MMO's are much more realistic, so it's not really fair to compare it in that regard. Does it need an upgrade? Sure, Blizzard themselves have admitted that it needs an upgrade, but considering what they have to work with, they sure do a fantastic job of squeezing everything they can out of it. I don't think many people are whining about the graphics so much as it's the character models that people seem to have a gripe about.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never ever played WoW for graphics, in fact i dont even play mmo's for graphics, i play for gameplay (i.e good PVE in my case) and story/Lore. Sure some things could be fixed, (Old world trees, upgrade them to MoP's standars those look great, some character models.) but plain and simple, for me the magic of WoW is the vast world and gameplay that it offers and story, so to basicly anwser your question, yeah im satified with them.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aside from old player models, which need a revamp. the graphics are fine.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Yes, however it would be cool to see lightweight client. Vanilla/TBC client could run on my smartphone, current one - far from it. They must look on how to make WoW accessible on different platforms and have multiple options to tweak it's performance.

Not many people feel to upgrade PCs just for one game. Games with high PC requirements were never successful. Also MMOs work different way than single players. Game with pretentious graphics can run smooth as single player, but in multiplayer mode it will be different story (especially in such activities as raids).

If game launched and was supposed to work on such and such system with such and such requirements, these requirements should always remain as at least minimum requirements, except maybe HDD space.
    This is so much true. I know many ppl that run this game at lowest setting and it will be end of WoW for them if they need to change their hardware.

For me I like the graphic, some other MMO's (ex. TERA) have better one but for me its just to see the views and then I get bored. On the other hand something in WoW colours and things is always pushing some nice strings inside me whenever i log.

Deleted
    graphics are shiny enough for me and my 2010 imac.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like WoW graphis more then most mmos, but some things like tree models and character models need fixing. Pandaria looks amazing imo. Theres something about wows graphics and probably just the engine. WoW just feels smoother and more alice then say Rift or other beautiful games. If wow is disney world then most other mmos are you local county fair.

Deleted
    I quite honestly don't care about graphics when I play aslong as they do not affect the gameplay itself in a negative way (making it harder etc) if I want to look at shiny things I'll watch a HD movie or something like that.

And as all mmos WoW have to sacrifice it's graphics for preformance.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like it, Warcraft styled graphics.

No need for change to the engine, just a few new models for classes would be nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason WoW was so approachable for me was because of its low graphic quality. If I had to do anything serious to my computer to play this game, I never would've started. I have no problems with the graphics as they have little effect on my overall experience of a game anymore. I've played absolutely beautiful games that I didn't like and vice versa. I can play Black Ops II on my giant HD TV or WoW on my crappy laptop and still have tons of fun, not because of the graphics but the gameplay.
    A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.-George Bernard Shaw

I was satisfied with WoW's graphics 8 years ago. In fact, I prefer them due to their simplicity. Plus, I'm not a graphics guy at all.

If the game plays amazing, like WoW does, then I don't care how pretty it is. If the environment and surroundings convey the message they were meant to, then mission accomplished for the graphics department.

A lot of game nowadays are trying to distract how terrible they truly are with 'super-cool x5000 graphics' that only the leading video cards are capable of handling. Those games have a shorter lifespan than the video cards that are required to run them.

As long as the gameplay is solid, I'm not terribly bothered with graphics. And WoW's are pretty decent considering it's age.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, but its not enuff for me to ever quit over.
    Honestly most thing that I like in other games is better graphics, they need to update them
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeeep.
    Good for my outdated computer as well.
    Exactly the reason why I play WoW and not SWTOR or Rift, my pc just can't handle them as well.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    An internally consistent aesthetic goes a long ways toward making the game pleasing to look at. It's a fine balance and the artists at Blizzard have done very well by it. Photo-realistic graphics would probably do the game more harm than good, slowing FPS down as well as driving off many players who don't have high-end systems.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."